• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Coolio

FUCK. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I started talking to Coolio on Bluelight around 2005 on Bluelight IRC. We were never really close but we talked often, we weren't great friends but we were definitely friendly acquaintances. We also shot each other PM's often. For awhile we even ran a little business together on another message board. This made me terribly sad, but then I started to read this thread...

I never realized Coolio on Bluelight was the same EFNet Coolio who got blamed for the Mafiaboy DDoS attacks that went down in 2000 and got arrested for the RSA hack and DARE defacing. I knew *that* Coolio since 1996! I went by a different nick on IRC back in the day than I use on Bluelight now. We hung out in virtually all the same channels and had literally dozens of mutual friends as we ran in almost the exact same circles. We spend literally thousands of hours bullshitting with each other on EFNet in the late 90's and early 2000's.

This completely blows my mind. Such a fucking loss.

I wish my drug addled mind had been able to put two and two together and realized that we were actually very close back in the day, how the fuck did neither of us ever realize who each other were?

This is shitty on so many levels. I literally grew up with Coolio, I first started chatting with him when I was 12 years old and I am 29 now. Fuck me :(

WTF :(

RIP man. I hope you have found the comfort in death that you searched for your entire life.

My condolences to your family.

This is the first time I remember crying in years.

Im not sure, but I might have come to your house around 2009 with Coolio. I haven't talk to him in almost 2 year, but he taught me so much in my life, health, drugs, society.

Coolio!!!
I remember talking to him back in the IRC a few years ago :(
A smart man indeed. RIP bro

Just found out myself. My fondest memory of Coolio was the disturbing picture he sent us all of his penis....I'll never forget that. Sadly some troubles souls will choose not to be saved but we must learn from their journey and make some meaning from their pain. I know you will now find your place Coolio.

Sincerely

MGS

One of my faviorite bluelighters ever! What the fuck! What the fuck can we all quit dieing?

Coolio RIP brother

Last edited:
Man, I was just wondering he had been for the last month. Eventually I tracked down someone who clued me in... I have to say, I'm pretty hurt by the news. He was a staple in the scene and I'm going to miss him. He might not have always been prompt, but he always came through for me. Always. There are a lot of things I could have never pulled off without him and I owe him a lot.

RIP Dennis. I hope that you found relief and happiness. I will miss you.

He might not have always been prompt, but he always came through for me. Always. There are a lot of things I could have never pulled off without him and I owe him a lot.

RIP Dennis. I hope that you found relief and happiness. I will miss you.
Couldn't have said it bette myself will miss you sinned (how i knew him)

Was defiantly suicidal his daily cocktail he told me about could have killed an elephant

jwh-018, herb, hash tons of legal: uppers, psychs, and a whole lot of blue downers......with all of that the illeagle dope killed him shame

God damn man..what can I say that hasnt already been said, he was cool as fuck, RIP brother :(

Damn was told that Coolio went by another name on other forums that i frequent. had no idea they were one in the same. I'll miss you "sinned" "coolio" one of the people i actually listened to on this site. Peace and Love

We'd lost touch recently which is unfortunate. I knew you weren't doing well but I hoped it wouldn't come to this. I hope you found peace, brother.

dude i had no idea that was the same cooli0 at all....i used to idle on byxnet with him i knew him back in the day....fuck him and foto are gone, sigh.................

I wonder if he and Erynis AKA Epic knew each other. Same personality, and it's funny that Coolio hated me and Erynis/Epic adored me. RIP.

He was my nig. Taught me a lot and should have learned more from him. I wish I didn't get busted and kicked out of SF's Hyatt's Gold Club when I was last in the area. Ebola, him & I would have had a blast. I deeply regret that.

He's one of the BLr's I knew the longest and kept in steady contact with. I had a feeling he was on his way out.

Well you're resting now. -_-

Wow, had not spoke with him since Decemeber 12, January 13. Last convo I had with him I just confirmed with him if he got those blue benzos I gave him and he asked if I got what we traded on his part.
Was always a stand up guy, and taught me a lot since meeting him June 2010.
Sucks i left the scene In April 13...wish I couldve talked to him before he went :X
Miss you Sinned
(Lost my other username save on a thumb drive 8) )