• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Coolio

Fucking fucking fuck! Coolio you were the shit. One of those few elite users who were well ahead of the game in nearly every instance. Sad too, for some reason given his seemingly constant level headedness(from what I saw...) that unless some accident occur ed he would be one of the ones around for the longer runs but alas that was not what was in store, apparently. :( I'll respect you forever mang, like someone else stated you told it how it was regardless of the difficultly or the ripples it would create! Rest in absolute peace brother!

So sad to hear this. He was a crazy but brilliant guy, always told it like it is. Helped me when I was first starting off on the web, and always, I repeat, always came through.

Class act, you will be missed buddy.

Wow I did time with this guy in Carroll County Jail (the old jail) many years ago. This is very sad, he seemed like a genuine person.

dude always spoke his mind and said things how they were.

RIP, man.

This is the truth. No doubt :(:(

I can't believe Coolio's gone. FUCK. I didn't know he hacked DARE website. Props to him, that's a great accomplishment. IDGAF what the establishment thinks of that!

RIP Coolio.

Are you fucking kidding me :( goddamn tragic. Great guy, great posts on BL, but sadly like many of us, he dived real hard into his drug use. Not to say this is not surprising because it is, but with what I knew of some of his drug use there was potential.

I never talked to you much, but I did enjoy the few times I did. I always read your posts on BL with high regard. Rest in peace.

This makes me look at my own drug use a bit and ways to make sure I don't go over board, I rather not end up in the shrine.

Just woke up to this news and havent been able to stop crying. I have never met him in person, but considered him to be one of my closest friends. I will really miss him. He was one of if not the most selfless person I knew.

We didn't part on good terms. But I have missed having you as a friend the last 10 months or so. I figured you had feel deep into dope and that was the root of the problems that arose between us. You turned me onto a lot of cool things and acted as a mentor at one point. I wish we had buried our beef because live is too short. I love you man, and hope you have found peace. Cya ya in another life brother.

Not only was he extremely smart but he was very fun to hang out with. The amount of knowledge he learned on his own is incredible. If you read some of what he posted on other forums, it's hard to even keep track of what he was talking about because it's so advanced. He definitely had to dumb it down for the general populus.
He might have done jail time for various reasons but it started because he had the balls to hack major government websites. I always let him in my house and trusted him despite his past. It had no bearing on the present. We shared stories of computer hacking from long ago and had lots of fun with various things that most people will never get to appreciate in the way that we did. The conversations we had were amazing, both online and offline.
When I was going through rough times he was comforting and understanding. He helped me get through a lot. I wish I could post some of the things he said to me over the years that were both funny and comforting. Sometimes I would just keep a log of what he'd tell me so I could go back and read it, then eventually delete the text file. I still remember a lot of the funny things he said.

We certainly were destined to become friends. There was some sort of gravity that pulled us together. I didn't even know him before he came to my house because he was friends with my ex and we ended up hitting it off from the start. He said he was shocked to find that I was the person that I am, that we had similar backgrounds and that I was modding OD at the time. We were both shocked, not expecting to find out about each other, expecting to find someone different and not as interesting I guess.
He was completely loyal to me and his close friends. It's too bad that he ever moved away. He was so stressed out for various reasons. I will say that he always did everything with class and style. His girlfriend and roomate leaving him was just too much for him at the time. Why it happened is somewhat understanding so I harbor no real resentment toward anyone related to his passing. He is just the kind of guy who is not all talk. He said he wanted to die, and he followed through with it. Now he can see what is on the other side. He was always trying to push the limits and I bet he had a hard time even intentionally ODing because he was so strong. He accomplished plenty in life, more than most of us ever will. He had balls of steal, was loyal to his good friends, and had a massive amount of knowledge and enlightenment about the world. Yet he was willing to hangout with people who only had a fraction of his knowledge, he definitely wanted to give something back to the world and he did in many different ways.
Dennis was never exclusively a bluelighter, because he was needed all over the internet but this board and all the others he posted on will never be the same without his posts and his continuous research that he shared. He was always sharing knowledge to anyone who listened. I don't know how he found out about all the things he did. He really devoted his life to knowledge and neuro chemistry making him far smarter than most people who were professionals when he he no official degrees or jobs related to what he knew. He might have cast harm reduction aside at the very end, but he was cautious enough to stay alive for as long as he wanted to and shared HR with the masses.

The greatest things in life never seem to last. It is impossible to comfort someone with legitamite problems other than sympathizing, but very few could empathize with him and his life. I'd say this pretty much proves that with intellegence comes natural depression.

I give all my love and respect to you Dennis, and you'll live on forever in my mind along with many others. <3 You are the definition of an underground legend. Those who don't care just don't know enough.

I am going to miss this dude. I've known him since we hung out in an irc channel in 2005 :(. He was always super cool to me and was so fucking smart. If anyone finds an obituary please post it. I am having trouble finding much information.