View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissolving AMT in water

ruggedmouse

Greenlighter
Could anyone please help me with a problem I'm having.

Would it be possible to completely dissolve 500mg of AMT into 500ml of vodka which would mean that 1ml of vodka equals 1mg of AMT?

I'm asking this as I'm not quite sure whether the AMT would be able to dissolve in vodka which is not pure alcohol.

Thanks!

What % is the vodka? If it's 40% then there is 200ml of ethanol. As long as AMT has a solubility greater than 2.5mg/ml in ethanol, then you'll be fine.

How long can AMT last in solution like this?
Would I expect a loss in potency after 6 months? a year? 2 years?

It was my impression that AMT does not do well in solution but I cannot prove this.

Yes, I was under the impression that (similar to other aliphatic amines) it will oxidise to various stinky things if it's as freebase, and there's air or oxygen in your vodka.

Yep, storage of freebase tryptamines in aqueous solutions is generally conducive to degradation. Assuming you are dosing 50mg with sensible month-long breaks, that means it's going to be kept for about a year, and I wouldn't fancy its chances. On this time-scale though it could plausibly be kept stable by storing the solution in a freezer.

It's much appreciated for the help! How long would you say it would take till it starts to degrade? It will probably be used in 3 doses by me and 2 other friends, it would probably be used over the span of about 4 month

Kept in the freezer, 6 months seems reasonable, out of the freezer though, much, much less.

@ruggedmouse: I don't think that's gonna work. Also realize that compounds like this seem to partially degrade into chemicals that make it seem like a literal shit or manure infusion. I had that same thing happen yesterday with MiPT and it was only in a matter of moments. While that may not attest to the speed of degradation, consider if you want to have 500 mg of AMT turning into skatole-like poo compounds or buy / borrow a scale instead which honestly don't have to be that expensive at all.
Degradation doesn't work like having a grace period first where it is okay, then after some time it suddenly is destroyed. It starts right away and who can say after what time how much is left and how toxic the degradation products are, even if only severely nauseating. It could be a bitch to guess a dose when there is degradation at an unknown rate.
It's plausible that it is somewhat stable in the freezer, at least by physical chem law the degradation rate would drop. But realize that vodka does not freeze in a freezer so ionization in solution is still an issue. Maybe dilute to about 30 proof (15% vol) and go to at least minus 20 degrees centigrade.

Still I think there are way too many reasons to attempt this instead of getting a milligram scale which you are likely to rejoice for years to come. But it's your choice.

amt dissolve in water

I'm interested in trying out the liquid measurement technique. My worry is that amt wont properly dissolve in water and will instead just sink to the bottom. Does it dissolve and if so, is there a certain technique to do so?

Do you have the HCL or the Freebase? The freebase won't dissolve in water, but a bit of vinegar should help with that

I tend to get freebase. I think most vendors now prefer to sell freebase as it's 20% more potent.

With vinegar will it totally dissolve or just partially?

Thanks

Freebase should dissolve in vinegar yes.
The dosage for (oral) aMT is large enough that most low-end miligram scales should be sufficient to measure dosage though.

what exactly is a low-end milligram scale? Sorry for my ignorance.
The first two times, I eyeballed it and had a pretty great time. However, i'm not wanting to push my luck and was thinking of putting 100mg in 100ml (or 1000ml) if it's more convenient

Generic 30 quid kind. It's definitely worth investing in some scales if you don't have them already.
For instance, even with liquid measurement, how do you know your 100mg is 100mg to start with?

One you can get from DealXtreme or something like that. If you don't have a scale then it will probably be the best $20-$40 you'll ever spent. Check out the B&D Scales Thread for which one to get

And yeah if it's just for oral usage then 100ml will be fine. You don't need to fully dissolve it in vinegar (that taste..), but put the aMT in a bit of water and keep adding vinegar until everything is dissolved.

Once I get a bit of cash together i'll definitely get some decent scales.

I'll give the vinegar a try. I'd like to be able to say how much amt i've had (for safety and so i'm able to decide my favoured amount) so this should be a handy way

your right! Whenever I get money I always end up buying some peruvian torch or some other RC. next time i'll take the £25 and buy scales!