Bluelight

Thread: Dissolving AMT in water

1. Collapse Details
    Dissolving AMT in water 
    Could anyone please help me with a problem I'm having.

Would it be possible to completely dissolve 500mg of AMT into 500ml of vodka which would mean that 1ml of vodka equals 1mg of AMT?

I'm asking this as I'm not quite sure whether the AMT would be able to dissolve in vodka which is not pure alcohol.

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details

What % is the vodka? If it's 40% then there is 200ml of ethanol. As long as AMT has a solubility greater than 2.5mg/ml in ethanol, then you'll be fine.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jackeh View Post
    What % is the vodka? If it's 40% then there is 200ml of ethanol. As long as AMT has a solubility greater than 2.5mg/ml in ethanol, then you'll be fine.
    Yeah, it'll be 40% vodka

4. Collapse Details

How long can AMT last in solution like this?
    Would I expect a loss in potency after 6 months? a year? 2 years?

5. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    It was my impression that AMT does not do well in solution but I cannot prove this.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    Yes, I was under the impression that (similar to other aliphatic amines) it will oxidise to various stinky things if it's as freebase, and there's air or oxygen in your vodka.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

7. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Yep, storage of freebase tryptamines in aqueous solutions is generally conducive to degradation. Assuming you are dosing 50mg with sensible month-long breaks, that means it's going to be kept for about a year, and I wouldn't fancy its chances. On this time-scale though it could plausibly be kept stable by storing the solution in a freezer.

Report breaches of the PD Rules with the button to the top right of a post.
    Please use the Search & Index.

8. Collapse Details

It's much appreciated for the help! How long would you say it would take till it starts to degrade? It will probably be used in 3 doses by me and 2 other friends, it would probably be used over the span of about 4 month

9. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Kept in the freezer, 6 months seems reasonable, out of the freezer though, much, much less.

10. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    @ruggedmouse: I don't think that's gonna work. Also realize that compounds like this seem to partially degrade into chemicals that make it seem like a literal shit or manure infusion. I had that same thing happen yesterday with MiPT and it was only in a matter of moments. While that may not attest to the speed of degradation, consider if you want to have 500 mg of AMT turning into skatole-like poo compounds or buy / borrow a scale instead which honestly don't have to be that expensive at all.
    Degradation doesn't work like having a grace period first where it is okay, then after some time it suddenly is destroyed. It starts right away and who can say after what time how much is left and how toxic the degradation products are, even if only severely nauseating. It could be a bitch to guess a dose when there is degradation at an unknown rate.
    It's plausible that it is somewhat stable in the freezer, at least by physical chem law the degradation rate would drop. But realize that vodka does not freeze in a freezer so ionization in solution is still an issue. Maybe dilute to about 30 proof (15% vol) and go to at least minus 20 degrees centigrade.

Still I think there are way too many reasons to attempt this instead of getting a milligram scale which you are likely to rejoice for years to come. But it's your choice.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

11. Collapse Details
    amt dissolve in water 
    I'm interested in trying out the liquid measurement technique. My worry is that amt wont properly dissolve in water and will instead just sink to the bottom. Does it dissolve and if so, is there a certain technique to do so?

12. Collapse Details

Do you have the HCL or the Freebase? The freebase won't dissolve in water, but a bit of vinegar should help with that

13. Collapse Details

I tend to get freebase. I think most vendors now prefer to sell freebase as it's 20% more potent.

With vinegar will it totally dissolve or just partially?

Thanks

14. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Freebase should dissolve in vinegar yes.
    The dosage for (oral) aMT is large enough that most low-end miligram scales should be sufficient to measure dosage though.

15. Collapse Details

what exactly is a low-end milligram scale? Sorry for my ignorance.
    The first two times, I eyeballed it and had a pretty great time. However, i'm not wanting to push my luck and was thinking of putting 100mg in 100ml (or 1000ml) if it's more convenient

16. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Generic 30 quid kind. It's definitely worth investing in some scales if you don't have them already.
    For instance, even with liquid measurement, how do you know your 100mg is 100mg to start with?

17. Collapse Details

One you can get from DealXtreme or something like that. If you don't have a scale then it will probably be the best $20-$40 you'll ever spent. Check out the B&D Scales Thread for which one to get

And yeah if it's just for oral usage then 100ml will be fine. You don't need to fully dissolve it in vinegar (that taste..), but put the aMT in a bit of water and keep adding vinegar until everything is dissolved.

18. Collapse Details

Once I get a bit of cash together i'll definitely get some decent scales.

I'll give the vinegar a try. I'd like to be able to say how much amt i've had (for safety and so i'm able to decide my favoured amount) so this should be a handy way

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by peyoteshaman View Post
    Once I get a bit of cash together i'll definitely get some decent scales.
    Dont make it more out of reach by saying 'decent scales'. Cheap milligram scales can be had for around 25, and are worth twice that. Just get them and dont look back

20. Collapse Details

your right! Whenever I get money I always end up buying some peruvian torch or some other RC. next time i'll take the 25 and buy scales!

21. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    Do not dissolve AMT, it will degrade. I will try to find another recent thread on this and merge them...

22. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    You NEED to have a set of scales. Check our B&D scales thread for more info, they can be had for 10 if you are smart.

23. Collapse Details

do you mean it will degrade over a long period of time or straight away?