• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Michael

Ok from what everyone is saying I am assuming I was correct about which michael it is. This is really sad. My heart goes out to all friends, family and various BLers that he touched <3

Ok from what everyone is saying I am assuming I was correct about which michael it is. This is really sad. My heart goes out to all friends, family and various BLers that he touched <3

Yeah, sorry. Shoulda said something, because I knew it was. Figured someone else would say it in the next post.

That guy was pretty awesome. I remember him when I first started here. He seemed like such a chill guy.

I'd like to go on record stating he never touched me (okay, we hugged once, but it was consensual; emphasis on sensual)...OR kids. He was good like that.

I don't think I've logged on to BL for at least 7 years, but this time I had no choice. Michael was a good man; I trusted and respected him. Sometimes people die and the world doesn't skip a beat...this is not one of those times.

Goodbye, Michael. I'm going to miss you, my friend. <3

Last edited:
Aw man :(
I'm so speechless.
RIP Michael..
I can't believe you're gone..
You have certainly left a deep footprint in TDS my friend :(

What the fuck!? He was one of the few I thought would be around "forever". I just felt my stomach drop... I don't know what to say.
. I first saw the news in the photo thread and was confused til I saw this thread... I'm fucking speechless. Michael you better be snapping some good pics of the after life so we can see some cool shit when I cross over. Love ya man. God damn it, I'm still in disbelief. I looked forward to his pics daily as they always showed the beauty in nature and kept my spirits high... fuck man...

RIP brother...

I rarely commented on them, but I really loved the photography you used to post, and you seemed like such a pleasant fellow.

I hope you're at peace.

this really is very sad news.

the 11th april would have been michael's 12 year anniversary of joining bluelight. he contributed as both a staff member (lounge mod, super mod and admin) and as a regular of many forums, notably tds.

rip.

alasdair

RIP to the biggest deadhead on this board. Hope you're jammin' with Garcia now, you old hippie you. <3

I heard about Michael passing today. Years ago we butted heads quite often but came around to a mutual understanding of each other. A few times this past year I thought about messaging him to let him know he was right about a few things we disagreed on, but because so many years had passed and I have longed since post on this forum I decided not to. I really wish I had now. My heart goes out to all that knew and loved him. He had quite a presence and I know he will be missed greatly by them. Without people like him who challenged my ideals, I wouldn't have become the person I am today. RIP Michael, sweet, sweet dreams to you.

This is deeply saddening news :(
RIP Michael, you will be missed <3

damnit dude, this is not okay.

i should have hung around tds enough to find out more about you but didn't, all i can say is that your pictures put a smile on my face more times than not.

i'll think of you when i see the moon tonight, if i'm lucky i can snap a pic.

rest in peace dude, you will be missed.

this really is very sad news.

the 11th april would have been michael's 12 year anniversary of joining bluelight. he contributed as both a staff member (lounge mod, super mod and admin) and as a regular of many forums, notably tds.

rip.

alasdair

I wasn't familiar with him as a staff member, just as a crew member, so thank you for sharing the details of what he did for our community. I know he will be missed.

Yesterday I went into IRC for the first time in over a year and expected to see you in there. Today I find out you're gone :(

Now I'll definitely have to get around to making your Beef and Barley soup recipe.

Rest peacefully <3