Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

- Movies that FREAK you out -

chariot of the gods, a documentrry hosted by rod sterling is awesome. makes you question the exisance of how life came to be on earth. also, city of lost children, dark city--real dark and eerieeee! texas chainsaw 1 i definatly agree. the movie isnt gorey at all, but the images and music will fuck you up.
tis all

OMG, "Audition" was fucked up.
I don't know...going from a sort of light romantic comedy to...I don't even know how to describe it. Who's ever responsible for that film really needs to...I don't even know, it's just that fucked up.
And, yes, Requiem for a Dream makes me very uncomfortable.

Originally posted by Caine:
chariot of the gods, a documentrry hosted by rod sterling is awesome. makes you question the exisance of how life came to be on earth.
based on erik von dannekin's book? more trash and hoaxes.

ever seen a FACES OF DEATH tape??....fuckin sick shit,ever seen a person with a foot and a half mutated LEACH ont there leg,and had to have a BLOW TORCH remove it,but the person died anyway,it was sad kinda(but more sick)..it was like"god this is sick!!,whats goona happen next"..i regret watchin it!!!!!!!

^^^^^^Definitely a disturbing video!!! My brother made me watch it with him a long time ago and I still have mental pictures of some of the stuff on it.
One of them actually showed an execution of a man in another country where they tied a rope to each arm and leg of this man and tied the other ends to four different horses then ran at opposite ends all at the same time. YUCK!!!!! SOOOOO GROSS!!!

Requiem of a Dream - Made the mistake of watching this at 1 am on Christmas night. Damn. The ending was incredible but I'm not sure I can watch it again.
What Lies Beneath - The last 1/2 hour of this film was almost terrifying.
Silence of the Lambs - Hello Claireeeeeece.
Any Gwar movie

Jacob's Ladder was so fucked up.
And a movie I saw over the weekend that was just scary was Jeepers Creepers. I didn't really feel like seeing some monster eating people's heads and body parts. ::shudders::

I'm still yet to see requim of a dream and alot of these movies that have been mentioned.
but the ones that have freaked me out are -
- texas chainsaw massacre - the giant meat hook scene
- Braindead - funny/gross not really freaky
- IT - love that movie, such a classic
- to catch a killer - it was about the murderer john wayne gacy, it freaked me out cause it was for real.
[ 06 March 2002: Message edited by: tari_aja ]

"It" scared me to death as a kid, and I saw the Shining a few months ago and it had pretty much the same effect.
I actually saw Happiness on tv a few weeks ago and it was really, really disturbing and I didn't want to keep watching it but I couldn't turn it off. The characters were just so mental!!

ok i have trauma from the old movie The Gate. any one remember this? those little demons running around... sometimes i still cannot sleep with my arms or legs off the sides of the bed..... i also have some problems with marionettes(SP?) i always have. due to this when cinemax or HBO had this little 3 minute movie with a killer marionette i was not happy i would actually have to leave the room...

I refuse to see Requiem For a Dream again. Once is enough. Its not necessarily scarey, just deeply disturbing and tragic. It makes you feel terrible for all the characters. I dont want to feel like that again, it wasn't fun. With the whole arm thing, and the mom slowly going crazy and just..ugh..
And that Faces of Death shit? That's just gross guys, dont watch that shit. Its bad for you. Hahaha ..

ok i have trauma from the old movie The Gate. any one remember this? those little demons running around... sometimes i still cannot sleep with my arms or legs off the sides of the bed
I totally feel you on that one,those little demons that crawled out of hell and were running around the house totally scared the shit out of me. Critters did the exact same thing to me. I saw those two movies a few years back though, and it just came off as really lame.
But some movies that still freak the shit out of me are..
Blair Witch Project - Though it might be played out and hokey now, I'll never forget the first time I saw that movie in the theaters, NEVER has a movie struck such a fear in me. I wouldn't have camped out in the woods any given night during the first 6 months after I saw the movie for anything. Even now when I'm taking a hike on a peaceful, sunny day in a forest, I'll still get freaked out now and then.
Event Horizon - The scene where they get the clip of footage from the ship before everyone died was absolutely horrifying, one of the most fucked up cinematic scenes ever, IMO.
Fallen - Everytime I hear "Time is on my side" by the Stones now, I get shivers down my spine from watching this movie.

12 monkeys- the whole "crazy" aspect, this is the present... now is now...... im always afraid that im gonna go crazy so pretty much any movie with someone who is losing their mind bugs me out. vanilla sky had some pretty good krazy stuff. oh yea... jaws freaked me out too.
[ 01 April 2002: Message edited by: dekster ]

hehehe... Funny Games is on TV here right now (1am), but I've seen the ads for it and it seems like it'd freak me out too much :eek: ;)
Other movies I'm staying away from:
*Audition
*The Excorsist
*The Isle
*Bad Boy Bubby
*Last House on the Left
*Breaking the Waves
*Salo
*Cannibal Holocaust
(a friend of mine wants me to see this, but I wouldn't touch it with a 1,000,000ft pole :eek: )
Movies I have seen that freaked me out ([edit:] by freaked out I don't necessarily mean scared or depressed for days, but all of these movies made me feel odd, depressed or shocked in one way or another):
*Requiem for a Dream
*Blair Witch Project
*The Doom Generation
*Momento Mori
*Barracuda
*Happiness
*Meet the Feebles
*Brazil
*Betty Blue
*The Virgin Suicides

[ 01 April 2002: Message edited by: Toumbido ]

Originally posted by Dharma:
FACES OF DEATH the monkey scene
i'm kind of tired talking about hoaxes in this thread, but the filmmakers have now admitted that most of the faces of death footage is faked.

EvilCalvin knows whats up. Series 7 was a great movie. It was a brilliant concept that ranks right up there with Blair Witch. Sure, it got a little cheesy at the end, but so what... It was one helluva ride.
Adios,
Steve