Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

- Movies that FREAK you out -

-anything by nick zedd
-requiem for a dream, pi
-gummo, kids

THE FLY...
this movie scared the shit outta me when I was about 7 and saw this for the first time. For weeks after watchin that flick I was afraid my teeth were going to fall out.
~ mike g

Originally posted by Stark:
Blue Velvet.
For those of you who haven't seen it, think "American Beauty" dragged though a knothole backwards and featuring a nitrous-huffing Dennis Hopper, a masochistic nightclub singer, and random body parts lying in random neighbourhoods.
Suburbia through a David Lynch filter. It's great. It's disturbing. It'll make you think.
See it.

I have yet to see this movie but the other day while in a friend's car he played the track from the movie "Don't you fucking look at me!" and he started explaining the movie to me! It sounds fucked up!
My picks...
Definatly Requiem for a Dream. That movie fucked with me too. I'm not one to get disturbed by things easily but this movie wouldn't get out of my head for days.
The Blair Witch Project 2- I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this flick. I thought it was better than the first. I seen it awhile back but I bought a copy today and after the movie is over they show you actual ghosts and strange things in the backround of the movie like faces in windows and a pentagram on a dresser.
I'm not easily freaked so my freak list is pretty short! lol
And...Natural Born Killers is my favorite movie of all time! I COMPLETELY understand that movie for some odd reason. I love it! The directors cut is great!!! :)

*The Hand that rocks the cradle
*Willy wonka and the chocolate factory
*The never ending story
and
*American History X

The Others.
totaly fucked up movie. GREAT movie. AMAZING story. AWSOME ending.
oh ya and i forgot to mention .. its scarry as FUCK! so wear dipers.. with extra protection ..
Cube was good.
The Cell was good.
A requium from a dream was good.
watch out for that show called "Undergrads" its a cartoon, and it may look cheesy at first, at the end of every episode something unbeliveably disturbing happens. so so scarry i dont ever think ill be the same after watching the first episode

From Mokenwee:
-That one Stephen King movie wiff Jack Nickleson when there in that hotel and it gets snowed in..."red-rum red-rum" Back in the day....*crawls under the bed*
-Stephen Kings IT
The first one is The Shining which others have noted, but I never really watched all the way thru (probably just afraid to based on what others said). But I did want to second the vote for IT, as the movie still fucks with me years later. I'm afraid to walk by sewer drains now - I'll walk on the other side of the street not looking at them for fear of seeing something looking back at me.

Originally posted by Lingo:

Happiness is anything but happy. It is, without a doubt, the most scathing, dark, honest, and brutal look at so-called normal life that I have ever seen. Todd Solondz is a genius.
Adios,
Steve

Really? I just went to a midnight showing of this last night, and I had never seen it before, when I left I was a bit dissapointed. The quirky ending (with the dog) reminded me of a fucking Tom Green movie, and the whole time it felt like the film was pandering to some silly sense of shock value that wasn't shocking at all. I liked Welcome to the Dollhouse and Storytelling much much more. Not to mention at times Happiness was just fucking boring, I dunno, I was expecting to much probably...he is a genius, but that film is far from it...
Anyways, this is my reason for the post:
http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/
After having seen many of you mention stuff like Requiem and Happiness, I decided to post the link so some of you could see what a real "disturbing" movie feels like. Serioualy, Requiem looks like home videos of my 6th birthday at Grandma's compared to this film. Yes the website is amazingly cheesy and low-budget, just like the movie, which is why it is just so disturbing, because it just looks so fucking real...I dunno...I don't like to think about it....

last house on the left(more for the 70's synth score than anything else), poltergeist(i don't know that this would scare me anymore, but I havent watched it since i was a little kid because of the clown under the bed), When a stranger calls(again i dont know how it would be now but when i was a little kid home by myself. . .).

The movie that freaked me out the most and that I still get nightmares about: Fire in the Sky
I agree with others Requiem for a Dream was pretty damn freaky.
Oh, and The Cell -- though I loved it -- was extraordinarily scary. I can't imagine tripping and watching that movie. I saw it sober and it made me trip!

jacob's ladder freaked the hell out of me. the scene where he is getting pulled through the hospital with all the crazy people around him bangin their heads on the wall keeps me awake at night

I can't believe somebody actually knows Funny Games, what a movie!!! I would advise anyone to see this one, it teaches us a lot about our love for suffering and pain on the screen.
Another truly horrifying movie is Happiness, it's essential...

I love scary movies, I saw some of the end of a hellraiser movie the other night an couldn't watch the end, but besides that my favs would have to be :
* ERASERHEAD - fuckin freaky shit
* TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSCARE 1 ans 3 - the first time i watched number 1 i was soo stoned and each time leatherface came out i nearly shit myself, and number 3 i was on the edge of my seat the whole time, fuck that was funny/scary shit.
* IT - scared the shit outta me when i was a little tacker and still (not as much) does.
* THE EXORCIST - i still haven't seen the whole movie, but last time i watched some of it was like when i was 13 or 14 maybe younger, maybe i'll give it another try one day.
i could go on forever but i have get some sleep sometime, Goodnight.

"GUMMO"...is the most disturbing fuckin movie you will ever see!!!...i promise you that..(VERY weird)...if youlike weird movies you will like this movie
also the new TEXAS CHAINSAW ...movie is pretty weird too!

AUDITION
Japanese film, came out last year. The tag line was 'She always gets a part' - you'll find out why!

Oh my God...FIRE IN THE SKY! I agree, that movie was freaky as hell! I watched it when I was younger I couldn't sleep for the longest time from the fear of being abducted by those aliens and experimented on! Very disgusting!

Eraserhead definately disturbed the fuck out of me when I saw it the 1st time. I also gotta give another vote to Happiness, that movie is so fucked up and too much of it hits close to home, so I can't watch it anymore because it makes me feel terrible.
I don't remember if anyone mentioned this, but check out the German film Necromantik. It's about a couple who likes to fuck dead people. Definately the nastiest movie I've ever seen...

Cube was a piece of garbage. I hate hate hate that predictable, sterotypical charactered waste of time. </rant>
*deep breath*
ANYWAY! Yes. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I thought I was immune to most horror movies, but it was disturbing on a much higher level than I EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE.
Requiem for a Dream fucked with me. Happiness I want to see. But I'm not sure if I can handle it.
The Cell didn't scare me... Event Horizon didn't scare me either, though I wanted it to.

Originally posted by fairnymph:
The movie that freaked me out the most and that I still get nightmares about: Fire in the Sky

if i told you that the "true" story it was based on was a hoax, would it make you feel better (it was).
anyone else see dr death: the rise ad fall of fred luechter?
i dunno, non-documentaries don't really freak me out.