• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Your Favorite Quotes; Vs "I Have a Dream"

tripnotyzm

Bluelighter
Quote something =D
The last thread can be found here.​

A few months ago I was watching this video on MDMA therapy for PTSD/Veterans, one man was quoted to have said :
"When you learn to forgive, you realize there is nothing to forget"

That really struck me. It's stuck with me for, well, months! :)
Pretty powerful lesson that seems like common sense, and is really what The Dark Side is all about, imo.
Learning to accept the dark times, knowing that they serve a purpose and it's okay to have pain we just need to learn from it. <3

Ocean, I really like that one :)

Last edited:
And then we drove you back to Little River and left you in your driveway.

The End.

And my nose was bleeding.

How did that happen?

When it was over and we were getting you dressed,

your face looked like you'd been erased.

Like you were just empty inside.

And you just fell.

Face first on the floor. Bam.

And when we pulled you up, your nose was bleeding.

Like this?

Like this?!

Shh. Stop. Stop. Stop.

What are you doing?

No one's even home.

No, someone's there.

I can see them.

Look, I see them, too.

What's going on?

I think that someone's in there.

# Silent night. #

# Holy night. #

# All is calm. #

# All is bright. #

And as we sat there listening to the carolers,

I wanted to tell Brian it was over now and everything would be okay.

But that was a lie, plus, I couldn't speak anyway.

I wish there was some way for us to go back and undo the past.

But there wasn't.

There was nothing we could do.

So I just stayed silent and trying to telepathically communicate...

how sorry I was about what had happened.

And I thought of all the grief and sadness...

and fucked up suffering in the world...

and it made me want to escape.

I wished with all my heart that we could just...

Leave this world behind.

Rise like two angels in the night and magically...

disappear.
---

I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.
From the end of Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

How could it be said; that which you can only make sense of.
_________
You are not an addict, or an alcoholic; neither are you better or worse than anyone or anything ~
You are not an object to be controlled, you are free to choose,
Always free to choose to stop the struggle and just be.
______

Surrender To Love

From the end of Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
I like that novel:)

today+is+the+first+day+of+the+rest+of+your+life+sign.jpg

Charles Dederich

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

There is no governor anywhere; you are all absolutely free. There is no restraint that cannot be escaped. We are all absolutely free. If everybody could go into dhyana at will, nobody could be controlled — by fear of prison, by fear of whips or electroshock, by fear of death, even. All existing society is based on keeping those fears alive, to control the masses. Ten people who know would be more dangerous than a million armed anarchists.

-Robert Anton Wilson ;)

Basically, were a bunch of fucking animals, who got their shit together just enough to act civil, always at the brink of the whole house of cards falling to pieces, and reclaiming our true identity as creatures swimming in the chaos that is nature, each struggling to stay afloat, even if that means pushing someone else underwater. Or is that how things are at present? Are we blind to our true nature, just fooled into the belief we have "evolved"? Have we mistaken the man behind the curtain, with the mirror behind the curtain?

8o Mind fuck 8o

Last edited:
-Robert Anton Wilson ;)

Basically, were a bunch of fucking animals, who got their shit together just enough to act civil, always at the brink of the whole house of cards falling to pieces, and reclaiming our true identity as creatures swimming in the chaos that is nature, each struggling to stay afloat, even if that means pushing someone else underwater. Or is that how things are at present? Are we blind to our true nature, just fooled into the belief we have "evolved"? Have we mistaken the man behind the curtain, with the mirror behind the curtain?

8o Mind fuck 8o

RITE LOOSE YOUR FEAR AND THEY LOOSE ALL CONTROL.. HA, STAY IN THE FIGHT BROTHER.. THE ILLUSION THEY WIELD IS JUST THAT AN ILLUSION.. FUK THE MAN AND HIS MISSORY!!!

PS
no one ever needs to pull another under to stay afloat, just have to help each other and learn how to swim.

no one ever needs to pull another under to stay afloat, just have to help each other and learn how to swim.

If were smart, thats the next step in evolution. Symbosis is how nature works, violence is but a small, inescapable part of that.

Psychological/emotional/physical Seperatism from nature will be our downfall, left unchecked.

Now, to balance the scale, I'd like to talk about some things that bring us together, things that point out our similarities instead of our differences. 'Cause that's all you ever hear about in this country. It's our differences. That's all the media and the politicians are ever talking about--the things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That's the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the fucking money! Fairly simple thing. Happens to work. You know? Anything different--that's what they're gonna talk about--race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other, so that they can keep going to the bank! You know how I define the economic and social classes in this country? The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class. Keep 'em showing up at those jobs.

Carlin

To balance out the idea that we are all vicous selfish demons only interested in self preservation and getting the biggest piece of the pie.

If were smart, thats the next step in evolution. Symbosis is how nature works, violence is but a small, inescapable part of that.

Psychological/emotional/physical Seperatism from nature will be our downfall, left unchecked.

Somehow the more people I meet from places far and wide the more I'm coming together.. Not going to let them scare me buy telling me I better be scared because someone over there is out to hurt me, while someone over there is scaring them buy telling them I am going to hurt them.. Yep I'm done being played by the man who is so sick for power and wealth that it consumes him...

How can you consider nature.. it gets in the way of the all mighty company and the goal of life on earth, staking up useless paper with some nations name on it. Ha what a joke, am not falling for that one either!!

Very wise.. hope u r chiln daytryptr:)

edit we posted the same idea with out knowing that the other was posting it=D

Carlin

To balance out the idea that we are all vicous selfish demons only interested in self preservation and getting the biggest piece of the pie.

I already had the big piece.. all it did was make me sick.. hard to be positive about life when your staring at all the junk they claim will bring you happiness and you are misserable.. happiness comes from within.. the smae things we use to manipulate ourselves are the verry things that the powers to be use, every manipulation is based off emotion.

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda

yeah and fk those guys.. I see rite through there BS now.

Last edited:
Well, I aint always right but Ive never been wrong.
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

JG/RH

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own,
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home,
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone,
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own.

Last edited:
Grab a song that makes you feel strong.. Grab a song that makes you feel free..
Together in harmony.

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less and less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, and shares. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced or placeless citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
Thus, although we are not slaves in name, and cannot be carried to market and sold as somebody else's legal chattels, we are free only within narrow limits. For all our talk about liberation and personal autonomy, there are few choices that we are free to make. What would be the point, for example, if a majority of our people decided to be self-employed?
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.”

― Wendell Berry, The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays