The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;

J/k let's get off Chaucer.

Just found this looking, really like it

We live in deeds, not years: in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
We should count time by heart-throbs. He most lives
Who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.
Philip James Bailey

Do something, then do something to that, then do something to that.

mixed media artist Jasper Johns

Seriously, translate that into playfully, openly and fearlessly creating the life you want--it's a perfect recipe.

"Stress is basically a disconnection from the earth, a forgetting of the breath. Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. Nothing is that important. Just lie down."

--Natalie Goldberg

The sky is blue the clouds are white and the paths are black and we all love stories

My little boy of 6 typed this out yesterday, who knows where the words came from but it further convinces me that we are born with the knowledge of the universe but life makes it hard to keep or even touch the perspective required to even realise <3

Yes I completely agree with that sentiment. We all have it all in ourselves.

Also, kids are amazing. I don't want to be a dad now, but I kinda do :). I can't wait til I'm ready for that... got some work to do first though (and a partner to find).

Friend of mine's first words written in his travelling journal before he left.....

"Hold on to memories, let go of things."

weak-strength-picture-quote.jpg

“[A] quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."

Code:
" or [quote]
both rule.

I prefer to think about it as standing on the shoulders of some fuckin' awesome mind who has already said something in such a perfect way as to not require anything but a direct quote.

:)

@Allein, I thought that was going to be some famous person quote. Your kid knows what's up!

I think we're the sum of our subjective experience, my view makes your kid's efforts at such a succinct thought more impressive, and just shows how intelligent they are. What he wrote could be the beginning of some good verse, he's a budding poet.

Your view gives some credit to the collective consciousness and takes away from them what is truly theirs - their own thoughts and sentiments.

From Buckminster Fuller, he was totally underappreciated in what he was trying to accomplish (make life sustainable, and easier for EVERYONE):

"When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."

Last edited:
"You don't know how depressed you've been until you know what it feels like not to be depressed."
-Dr. Gabor Maté

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt..."

--Atlas Shrugged, by Any Rand 1957

" "Dr. Ferris smiled. . . . . ."We've waited a long time to get something on you. You honest men are such a problem and such a headache. But we knew you'd slip sooner or later - and this is just what we wanted."

"You seem to be pleased about it." [Said Hank Rearden]

"Don't I have good reason to be?"

"But, after all, I did break one of your laws."

"Well, what do you think they're for?"

Dr. Ferris did not notice the sudden look on Rearden's face, the look of a man hit by the first vision of that which he had sought to see. Dr. Ferris was past the stage of seeing; he was intent upon delivering the last blows to an animal caught in a trap.

"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against - then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers - and then you cash in on guilt. Now, that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

Watching Dr. Ferris watch him, Rearden saw the sudden twitch of anxiety, the look that precedes panic, as if a clean card had fallen on the table from a deck Dr. Ferris had never seen before.

What Dr. Ferris was seeing in Rearden's face was the look of luminous serenity that comes from the sudden answer to an old, dark problem, a look of relaxation and eagerness together; there was a youthful clarity in Rearden's eyes and the faintest touch of contempt in the line of his mouth. Whatever this meant - and Dr. Ferris could not decipher it - he was certain of one thing: the face held no sign of guilt.

"There's a flaw in your system, Dr. Ferris," Rearden said quietly, almost lightly, "a practical flaw which you will discover when you put me on trial for selling four thousand tons of Rearden Metal to Ken Danagger."... "

----------

I haven't read this book in many months. The book is >1,000 tiny print pages, but I'll give some context from memory. The quote is from about page 400 depending on the edition.

Hank Rearden the metallurgist creates "Rearden Steel". Rearden Steel is stronger and lighter than any metal ever made. A goverment agency Dr. Lloyd Farris works for tries to force Rearden to work with the goverment on the agencies terms and at unfair prices on the top secret project "Project X". Rearden declines. Dr. Farris and the goverment agency try to black mail Rearden for the use of Rearden Steel.

---SPOILER ALERT---
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Rearden goes free. Project X turns out to be a weapon of mass death created by the goverment in an attempt to control society and force social stability. Project X decimates everything around it and murders a bunch of people. Rearden and others are left the responsibility of rebuilding society. Project X represents goverment control and Rearden Steel represents free market self interest.

Last edited:
Our consciousness is what we are-- to the extent that we are not sovereign over our own consciousness then we cannot in any meaningful sense be sovereign over anything else.

Graham Hancock (psychedelic journalist)

"Named must your fear be before banish it you can."

"This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing."

"You will find only what you bring in."

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

YODA

The last ones truth has struck me lately.

"This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing."
^
i like that one.

"whatever arises is fresh, the essence of realization" (Pema Chödrön)

“I don't feel that it is necessary to know exactly what I am. The main interest in life and work is to become someone else that you were not in the beginning.”