• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What are you doing this summer?

getting money, and doing physical therapy, and mourning the fact that i'm missing yet another summer

working inside :(

I bike or walk to work.

I go to hot yoga about 3 times a week.

I go hiking in the mountains weekends, usually 15-20km and a few thousand feet of elevation gain.

I went to a weekend of mountain biking (with a hybrid bike, oh god going down a creak-bed I thought I was gonna die) and mountain running. The trails were brutal with mud in the rain.

I am going to run about 60km up and down a mountain in August, in about 12 hours.

im using bike bags, or panniers which hang on the cargo rack of my mountainbike.
i try to go light, around 10kg of luggage.

Ahh, I want to try that when I get to Australia, just ride across the country/continent. Probably just ride to Queensland and go diving.

I am going to run about 60km up and down a mountain in August, in about 12 hours.

even 30km on flat ground is strenuous. are you training for that? sounds like a monster adventure. i hope you have lots of duct tape for your future blisters.

i'd love to do a 50 mile bike ride at some point this summer.

even 30km on flat ground is strenuous. are you training for that? sounds like a monster adventure. i hope you have lots of duct tape for your future blisters.

i'd love to do a 50 mile bike ride at some point this summer.

30km on flats is easy. 7000 feet of elevation is a bitch.

my training from my post

I go to hot yoga about 3 times a week.

I go hiking in the mountains weekends, usually 15-20km and a few thousand feet of elevation gain.

I went to a weekend of mountain biking (with a hybrid bike, oh god going down a creak-bed I thought I was gonna die) and mountain running. The trails were brutal with mud in the rain.

I did two mountain hikes of 20+km per day back to back with over 20km of mountain biking and it was tough but doable. The body is capable, its the mind that needs to be ready to endure the distance. love the pain.

I found that eating was harder than expected. breaking down small snacks and constantly keeping the body fuelled helps immensely.

you've got more guts that I do man. good on ya for real, no point in living next to paradise if you don't go outside to enjoy it.

you've got more guts that I do man. good on ya for real, no point in living next to paradise if you don't go outside to enjoy it.

im just a lazy pothead. if I can do it, anyone can. walking into a room full of apex fitness alpha types is intimidating but when you finish the same hike, endurance is all in the head. left leg, right leg. there is no pain.

racecourse_elevations.gif

Kicking it off by attending my regional Burning Man gathering, then who knows? Lots of swimming at the lake, drugs and camping most likely :)

What's bm like? I've got a friend that's going thIs year and was just wondering what's its like? Seen the youtube videos and read the forums but never really talk to anyone w/ 1st hand experience.

I'm digging a hole in the forest while trying to avoid the (rather large and a little bit scary) bears as much as possible.

bear.jpeg

My current depth is 5 feet and descending... but I haven't hit bedrock yet. There's an entire region which harbors a very interesting and beautiful mineral, and I'm determined to find its best source! The best I could do was to determine that an area was rich enough, and to then start digging. Sofarsogood, as long as the bears keep maintaining the same level I fear I do :S

My backpack is giving me grief, though :X I need a frame, but haven't much money. There's a stack of ski poles I'm eyeballing... can anyone suggest a good way to fit them together while still providing adequate shear strength? The pole diameters might not be standard enough to allow the use of pipe fittings...

yeah kaywholed... i think you're crazy. are you doing the 2nd half of that trek? i'd be scared shitless if i wasn't in the best shape of my life on the day it goes down. i'm gonna stick to my basement squat rack and neighborhood bike paths for now...

i'm working on getting my retirement ironed out then fuck thots or marry a virgin. not sure which one yet

Studying. Learning (should improve my general knowledge as well as the other things there are to learn). Meeting cousins I haven't seen from a month or two and my brother whom I would hopefully get to meet after these two years!

Bjj tournaments (recently got my purple belt), weightlifting (squat 295 lbs x 5, deadlift 340 lbs x 6, barbell row 185 pounds x 7-8; and I'm only 5'6, 150 lbs