European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Fentanyl Patches In The Uk

BigG

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi everyone, im new here and would just like to ask if anyone in the uk has much experience with the different kinds of fentanyl patches available here? I know most of my fellow posters live in the us and talk about mylan which we dont have here. Ive have been on opiates for 17 years for chronic pain and in that time I have been prescribed every one available and have used/abused them in sometimes staggering amounts. Am currently prescribed 125mcg / hr durogesic matrix patched which I hate. Even when use buccaly the high is unpleasant and gives me a headache. Ayway has anyone had much experience with the different brands available here such as durogesic dtrans, matrifen etc and can you still get the gel ones in the uk? Thanks everyone.

I would like for this thread to stay open guys, so make sure discussion stays away from the recreational merits of one product over the next.

Thanks Venrak, yeah im really more interested in peoples experiences with different brands in the uk as oppose to endlessly debating their "abusability" which is a topic debated endlessly elsewhere. Im really interested.in how people find them for pain and how well they stay stuck on etc. In my own experience the janson ciag duragesic dtrans stay om better than the matrifen which are awful and your lucky of they stay on for a few hours and you end up with so much micropore tape on you to hold them in place you look like a freakin mummy. Any input would be.appreciated. I dont wantto talk only about how to extract thembor get high from them. Thanks again Mr Moderator :)

I'm not from UK, but the matrifen really sucks, it's not only the fact that they don't stay stuck, cause even if you manage to keep them stuck, they don't give you the pain relief they should, IMO a 100mcgr/hr matrifen patch, is like a durogesic 50mcgr/hr (and maybe less..).

MartinFn

Yeah your spot on mate. Ive got 125mcg. Matrifen on now and its on its last day and im in agony!! Ive got some durogesic dtrans at the pharmacy but I cant get them until tomorrow as.its a bank holiday here in the uk and everyone is closed. The odds of a matrifen lasting 72 hours is slim. Have u also nticed that they have a much lower total fentanyl content that durogesic only 11mg as oppose to 16.8 in an 100mcg durogesic. How much are you presxribed? Do you live in the States?.

Moving this to European & African Drug Discussion.

BDD-->EADD

I just abuse the fuk out of them . Took me ages to get it to a fine art . It's really difficult to get max abuse potential whist avoiding max death potential .

But i have mastered it .

The Gel ones were easier than the matrix ones .

Aye, those matrifen patches are bollocks, no matter what one tries doing with them. I got switched from oxycontin to those things for my pain management, and they were absolutely fucking abysmal, not that I got given an appropriate dosage for my opioid tolerance (most of a decade on oral codeine then DHC, and a couple of years on oxy 80s. Doctor in question is kind, decent guy, knows most of his stuff alright, but like too many docs, can be clueless about opioid dose equivalencies and breaking through an established tolerance. Ended up running an extraction and prepping the patches for IV use, and even then, bah..not much better. Had to break out the last couple of OCs I had left from my last script, and go back the day after the next day and get my doc to put me back on the oxy.

Buccal use was weighed up, and found severely wanting, although it did work rectally, after doing the extraction.

Yeah your spot on mate. Ive got 125mcg. Matrifen on now and its on its last day and im in agony!! Ive got some durogesic dtrans at the pharmacy but I cant get them until tomorrow as.its a bank holiday here in the uk and everyone is closed. The odds of a matrifen lasting 72 hours is slim. Have u also nticed that they have a much lower total fentanyl content that durogesic only 11mg as oppose to 16.8 in an 100mcg durogesic. How much are you presxribed? Do you live in the States?.

You can get prescriptions cashed at any hospital pharmacy if it's genuinely (urgently) needed.

Aye the problem was that I couldnt find a xhemist that stocked the 100mcg ones so I left the script.at boots with the promise that they would order them and have them Tuesday morning. Ive got them now so im fine I had a matrifen patch on which was due to reaxh its 72hr limit on Monday night so I though waiting a few extra hours until.Tuesday morning would be ok but was it fuck!!!! I had a night of rolling round the bed in agony plus my bitch of a girlfreind was less than understanding to say the least. Once youve dropped of a script at one chemist in the uk you cant then just turn up at a different one or at hospital and ask for more.patches cos they'll just tell u to fuck off. I ended up calling the out of hours doctor on mondau and as soon as she heard to work fentanyl she was like "that's a controlled drug I csnt help u "......... bitch!! Any was moral of the story is that I wont be getting my doc to prescribe matrifen any more and wont leave a script at the chemist unless im absolutely certain I wont need it before the time they say it will be ready. Oh also my pain doc wont prescribe break through meds cos he thinks thhat the patch "should be enough".... Twat!!!

I would like for this thread to stay open guys, so make sure discussion stays away from the recreational merits of one product over the next.

2 days later.....

Moving this to European & African Drug Discussion.

BDD-->EADD

4 hours later......

I just abuse the fuk out of them . Took me ages to get it to a fine art . It's really difficult to get max abuse potential whist avoiding max death potential .

But i have mastered it .

=D

Aye the problem was that I couldnt find a xhemist that stocked the 100mcg ones so I left the script.at boots with the promise that they would order them and have them Tuesday morning. Ive got them now so im fine I had a matrifen patch on which was due to reaxh its 72hr limit on Monday night so I though waiting a few extra hours until.Tuesday morning would be ok but was it fuck!!!! I had a night of rolling round the bed in agony plus my bitch of a girlfreind was less than understanding to say the least. Once youve dropped of a script at one chemist in the uk you cant then just turn up at a different one or at hospital and ask for more.patches cos they'll just tell u to fuck off. I ended up calling the out of hours doctor on mondau and as soon as she heard to work fentanyl she was like "that's a controlled drug I csnt help u "......... bitch!! Any was moral of the story is that I wont be getting my doc to prescribe matrifen any more and wont leave a script at the chemist unless im absolutely certain I wont need it before the time they say it will be ready. Oh also my pain doc wont prescribe break through meds cos he thinks thhat the patch "should be enough".... Twat!!!

english-motherfucker-do-you-speak-it.jpg

nevr heard of 125mcg only 100 - for me 25mcg chewed is a geat high but its a very personal thing and dependent on tollerance, of course the down side is the intense high lasts a very short amount of time, i would chew till i was nodding take it out then when i 'came round' vchew again - hard to get 'off the street' but i love 'em - preferring the mylaqn ones but only had the gel ones once, not sure if they still script them in the UK now.

But i have mastered it .

Oh yeah all this is done whilst practising Harm Reduction to the fukin Max. I shit you not . I mean that's how i found out how to get the best out of em .

Last edited:
fent is one of the stongest analogues of any opioid hence measured inn 1/1000ths of a gram and very easy to OD on - its made in mexico and some times sold as CW or mixed with something else and kills people so you really do have to be extremely careful with it especially if your not using it as a patch. They are meant to last 3 days so chewing a 1/4 of a 100mcg patch is...well you do the maths but its alot of drug in one go, as for fixing it personally i wouldnt even consider it as knowing how much you rince out of one is a bit of a lottery in its self. BUT for an opiate user chewing a 1/4 is normally considered 'safe' but like i said its a personal thing and one mans high is another mans od. If you have never tried them use the 1st rule of junkdom "you can always take more but once its in you cant take less"

fent is one of the stongest analogues of any opioid hence measured inn 1/1000ths of a gram and very easy to OD on

micrograms are 1/1,000,000 ths of a gram.

Not being deliberately pedantic, just things like that should be clear.

And I can't help being pedantic anyway.

Yeah very funny DSP 2230!!!! Since I'am English of course I speak it...... we invented the fucking language!!! The reason for the typos is that im typing on an iPhone which isnt easy especially while.on a bus. If.you dont mean the typos then thats just how real English people.speak if they are from the North of the.country. We dont all talk like The queen or Hugh fucking Grant!!!! Should clarify that by 125mcg I mean a 100mcg plus a 25mcg patch worn at the same time to give a total of 125mcg. Also the.previous poster is corrext 1mcg is 1000th of a milligram not 1000th of a gram. Anyway back to my original question doe anyonehave any experience with the.different brands in the uk or.Europe in general.are.durogesic dtrans universaly considered the best?

Saw the doctor today and raised me up to 150mcg/hr fentanyl (3 x 50mcg patched). Made. Sure to ask for the durogesic dtrans this time though!!!

Im aware im now answering my own posts whichis a shame as id love some (!constructive) input from others but just thought id ramble on regardless. Even though I find fentanyl grossly lacking in terms of its euphoric qualities it does seem to be very effective for pain control. Maybe ites just the drug abuser in me that wants oxy again. As I used to get 6 80s a day but voluntary told the doc to take them back and find me something else as I was going through a full 2 months worth in 2 weeks and suffering massive pain and withdrawls for.6 weeks out of every 8!! Finally with these patches im getting pain chillontrol and not going through the rollerxoaster of highs and lows that im sure many have experienced. Just as well for me that the fentanyl.high is so lacking or I would just end up "abusing the fuck" out of them as well (as one poster says they do ha ha!!- what a quote!!).. Apologies in advance for the iPhone induced typos in this post.... Ive done my best and as for English motherfucker....... I DO speak it!!!!

Last edited: