Bluelight

Thread: Meprobamate analogues

1. Collapse Details
    Meprobamate analogues 
    There are many people saying that Meprobamate and Carisoprodol have enjoyable effects, one report on Erowid even says that the muscle relaxation feels better than sex

Why arenīt research-chemical vendors looking for usefull analogues of it? This paper says that Carisoprodol seemed to be the best carbamate-derivate for medicinal use, but there several others that could possibly produce even better effects for recreational usage.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm00303a029

2. Collapse Details

Temporary Ban
    that shit is koo at first until you build a tolerance and end up taking too much and get the soma shuffle where your whole body is trebling like the worst case of parkensons disease you've ever seen

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mrflowers00 View Post
    that shit is koo at first until you build a tolerance and end up taking too much and get the soma shuffle where your whole body is trebling like the worst case of parkensons disease you've ever seen
    LMAO

I never got them and i was up to about 2.5 grams when they were making 500mg ones...

4. Collapse Details

I've taken both, I imagine if you look hard enough you could find some related chems.... ime they mep wasn't very euphoric, for some reason carisopridol had more euphoria to it.

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Anon/Homeless Forums
    Carisoprodol is better than sex IMO, it's hit or miss a lot of times though, and some carbonated beverages are needed to make it work properly IME. I wonder what's behind that.

I'm sending your thread over to Advanced Drug Discussion since your question is theoretical.

bdd-->add
    Last edited by baooozs; 23-03-2013 at 16:35.

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    side effects from carbamate overdoses can be pretty nasty

there actually used to be vendors selling other carbamates like phenprobamate or tybamate but they never took off...
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

7. Collapse Details

Yeah, there is actually on vendor currently selling phenprobamate. I just think you need really high doses of it, so not really that attractive.

One interesting GABAergic RC I'd like to see available is 4-methyl-pregabalin. I'm sure it's just a question of time before some one makes it available.

8. Collapse Details

IIRC, sekio, you mentioned elsewhere that carbamates are carcinogenic. I think it was in my thread about 2m2b carbamate.

9. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    *Some* carbamates are carcinogenic - not all of them. Just the small-molecule ones.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

10. Collapse Details

^Awesome, good to know.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fagott View Post
    Yeah, there is actually on vendor currently selling phenprobamate. I just think you need really high doses of it, so not really that attractive.

One interesting GABAergic RC I'd like to see available is 4-methyl-pregabalin. I'm sure it's just a question of time before some one makes it available.
    4-methyl-pregabalin could be badass, I for one would love to try it. There are some RC barbs out there (I've only seen benzobarbital) that might have similar effects to the carbamates, though. Might be worth checking out? Just be careful, there's a reason they rarely use barbs anymore.

12. Collapse Details

There are a few good carisoprodol analogues out there. The problem is that the synthesis is moderately complicated so no one is making and selling them.