• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Do You Prepare Kratom Powder?

theplacidcasual

Bluelighter
I've just purchased 10 grams of Kratom powder and I'm wondering, how would I go around preparing this? Would it be as simple as mixing it with some cordial and water and chugging it down? :)

Yes. Some people like to make a tea, some people put it in gelatine capsules, some people like putting it in yogourt. Some people just "toss and wash". Just be aware, kratom tastes like a plant. Not very appealing for most people.

As long as you eat it somehow, you'll get effects.

I've either 'toss and washed' or brewed a cup of coffee (or hot chocolate) and thrown the kratom in the coffee.

If you have "extract", it is likely a 5-15x concentration of krtaom powder boiled down into a resin, and a dose is approximately one half gram to two grams, depending on your tolerance to opioids and the age/potency of the extract.
If you have raw kratom powder, a dose should be between 2.5 to 7.5gms for a naive user.

Kratom doesn't take very long to come on, so you can titrate your dose by taking little amounts and stopping when you feel 'good".

Toss and wash seems effective in the beginning but i found tolerance for the taste and constituency dropped very fast after a few experiences choking on powder or a mouth full of sticky evil nasty tasting stuff. I can only do tea now making sure i wash that shit down and avoid the taste.

But to answer consuming the powder somehow is the most effective. Taking small amounts and washing it down works well but trying to add it or mix with liquid has issues but mixing with yogurt and eating has been known to make things easier. This challenge has bothered me far more then it should. The powder is resistant to any attempt at easy consumption.

I usually take an entire ounce, pour it into a bottle of water, shake it up, and proceed to chase with Coca-Cola. I have a high tolerance to opioids, but the first time I did it, I drank a half ounce and I had good effects.

Without a doubt Kratom is great. In fact after trying real H, i appreciate Kratom even more. An ideally designed mini opiate very forgiving on risks and issues and with an impressive good vs bad profile including legality and quality. Tolerance does frustrate me and currently tortures me with zero effects regardless of dose or product and it frustrates me beyond words.

Take care with this risk, having your fav weekday functional preference removed from much needed desired effect sucks ass. Beyond tolerance mostly with extract use, i dont have any other issues, perhaps only the lack of nod capabilities but you cant get every thing you might want.

Orange juice is by far the best thing for masking the taste of kratom. Fill an empty water bottle a quarter of the way with OJ, pour your desired dose in the bottle using a funnel, shake, and chug. Ive tried making tea and not only did it taste awful you risk not getting all of the alkaloids. Toss and wash works but it feels like the dry powder clumps up in my stomach causes some minor pain. OJ is the way to go.

EDIT: I would also suggest trying 5 grams instead of 10 for your first time, Ive been physically dependant on opiates for 2 years and 5 grams of good bali does me just fine. Kratom has a less is more quality to it.

Last edited:
Oh ROXI, please explain what you mean by your last sentence... and use better grammar please.

"Kratom has a less is more quality to it." -- Makes no sense...

If you try and chase highs with big doses of kratom, you'll notice unbearable side effects like nausea etc. that sort of encourage moderation in use if you want to find it continually euphoric

Casket, I think ROXI meant that low doses of kratom are more enjoyable than high doses. Thus, "less is more."

My preferred method of kratom ingestion is chocolate pudding. I haven't tried vanilla yet (I love vanilla pudding), but I'm worried it might not cover the taste as well as chocolate. Applesauce doesn't cover the taste well enough for me, and the high water content in applesauce causes the kratom powder to be the dominant texture in my mouth - not really ideal.

I make tea fairly often when I want to take something other than extract. I can't imagine eating the amount of kratom I use to make tea. Not even with all the chocolate pudding in the world haha. I don't even need to add sugar to the tea, I actually like the taste of maeng da tea.

IMO/IME, toss and wash is the most effective and intense ROA for kratom. i simply get a big table spoon scoop of kratom, take a small sip of flavored liquid in your mouth (dont swallow), then make sure not to breath in or out and take the spoon to dump the kratom in your mouth wth your heald tilted back, try to get as much jratom in your mouth as possible. next take a big gulp of a drink to swallow the kratom.

you want to think of taking kratom toss and wash lke taking an alcoholic shot of liquor. toss it to the back of your mouth so you dont taste it. and swallow it as one whole object, not as mmillions of particles of dust.

Orange juice is by far the best thing for masking the taste of kratom. Fill an empty water bottle a quarter of the way with OJ, pour your desired dose in the bottle using a funnel, shake, and chug. Ive tried making tea and not only did it taste awful you risk not getting all of the alkaloids. Toss and wash works but it feels like the dry powder clumps up in my stomach causes some minor pain. OJ is the way to go.

EDIT: I would also suggest trying 5 grams instead of 10 for your first time, Ive been physically dependant on opiates for 2 years and 5 grams of good bali does me just fine. Kratom has a less is more quality to it.

I agree. OJ with pulp is my favorite way of dosing, no gritty texture and no bad taste.

For me apple sauce almost masks all the taste. You just need to blend it really well. Even the texture of the kratom won't bother you anymore. I used to put a dose of kratom in some water(like 1/3th of a glass) and then chug it down in parts followed by something with grapefruit in it to mask the bitterness of kratom. This wasn't pleasant at all times when a tiny piece of nerve of the leaves got stuck in my troath.

For me applesauce= the way to go.

Damn, I'm dreamy right now. I love how the energy kick you get from kratom still feels kind of sedative. Can't wait to go to bed and go in to the real dreamy state:p.

I was on a 'toss 'n wash' kick for a while but am enjoying tea right now. Eating that much fiber everyday only compounds the constipation problem (pun intended) of an opiate-like drug like kratom. The taste is totally tolerable either way.

I actually found a Kava bar (kava has never done anything for me) in Florida, and they served a strong Kratom extract tea there. About 4 small cups would do me in pretty well. I have increased my tolerance to opioids to such a high degree that the store I go to in Tempe, Arizona sells extracts in pill and powder form, and it's super expensive, and I never get any effects even if i take 15 of the 10x capsules... any advice?