• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long do i have to wait to drink pop after taking adderall xr?

punkftl

Bluelighter
I usually wait at least 4 hours after taking my adderrall before I drink anything with citric acid such as pop, green tea, etc. Friend of mine said because of the extended release I should wait 6 hours. What do you guys think?

It would depend on your stomach contents, but a couple hours should suffice.

Perhaps consider a couple Tums or the like several minutes before dosing instead?

EDIT: just realized you mean how long after dosing.

Well, if it is IR, no more than an hour. XR is another story I suppose.

You should be surviving off water while stimmed as it is ;)

You don't have to be THAT careful about acidic things. With XR Adderall you should if anything have to be even less careful than IR, IMO. If you're that worried about it take some Tums or something to counteract the acidity. Not that pop is at all good for you and you really need to drink enough water while on amphetamines.

Yes, it messes with the metabolism of adderall:

Wikipedia said:
Co-administration of acidic substances (e.g., citric acid) causes decreased renal reabsorption of DL-amphetamine; whereas, alkaline agents (e.g., antacids) may cause a marked increase in renal tubular reabsorption. The increased reabsorption can increase the retention of amphetamines, with potential to result in dangerously high serum levels.[29]

I have been taking adderall since I was six, the most I have ever popped was 170 milligrams and drinking pop while on adderall has absolutely no affect other than the small chance of having parcial dump in medication do to acids in your stomach, which will very within a range of between 3-7 milligrams which I'm even saying that is pushing it and giving the topic more credit than it deserves. If you can't take a parcial dump in adderall and you get a upset stomach maybe you should go home put your big girl pantys on and suck it up it comes with the territory. I mean if you actually believe a little bit of soda is going to cause you physical harm I am sorry to inform you that the source you got your information from is severely wrong . I used to down my adderall drinking a BFC (Big fucking can) of monster and then I used to eat an orange before school ( breakfast of champions) which in combination would create a large increase in the acids that supposedly can cause "unsafe" doses of adderall to enter your blood stream . This happens because the acids can desolve the time capsules that contains the concentrated substance Amphetamine although this process seeems dangerous to call it "unsafe" would be a large exaduration . The main ingriedient for adderall Amphetimine was originally a man made compound ordered to be created by the nazi party in hopes of sucsesfully createing a formula to make the super soldier based on the formula the Japanese gave to suiside bombers to increace awarness and to decrease the fear of death (METh) . So your welcome for the history lesson. And by the way if you are concerened about the dump that was earlyer explained a 3-7 milagrahm dump if your lucky will give you a slight and I mean slight boost of energy just barely enough to even notice . So all in all take the word of someone with experience i have been takeing adderal for 10 years thats before i even knew the full alphabet haha x)the warning about consuming soda while adderal is in your system was only created because doctors got tired of little kids complaining because "adderal makes my tummy upset" well ya when you swallow large amounts of synthetic meth its probably gonna fuck with your stomach especially when you are exposed to it at such a young age . The precaution of this is to notify consumers that it can fuck with your stomach and if thats a problem for you maybe you shouldn't touch any drugs if your fear the the most insignificant side affects like a stomach ache or a small up in dosage to your brain. I have found with all drugs there is a risk... no matter how small the side affect it is still considered a "risk" its just the problem of wagering the benefits of the drugs vs. the side affects that may or may not be a serious problem but I personally have found that I quite enjoy my soda and I'll trade a lil bit of a dose up and a small tummy ache any day to drink my amazing carbonated sugary soda any day. so in my opinion to disregaurd and abandon something you enjoy just because someone somewhere stated that what you are doing could cause you physical harm or could even be considered unsafe and you would believe them without question the fact that you would believe them without question is foolish and I find extremely ignorant do not believe what you are told based just because if someone said it "it must be true" study your shit , learn form trial and error and most of all don't be a sheep don't be blinded by the curtain of lies society creates to cover your eyes for if you give in you will become oblivious to the wonders of the planet around you and become a mindless puppet to the puppatear that is society don't give in to the lies that is censorship and rules if people continue following society into darkness we will become lost and only know what we are made into by the terrible tyrant SoCiEtY. #Anarchy
#topictwist

^ While I don't deny possible validity to the claims of acidic beverages expediting the release of XR amphetamines, you have to understand the relationship between the amphetamine molecule and acidic drinks, namely molecular degradation and consequent decrease in overall dosage.

Secondly, this is a HR site first and foremost, so discussion of these topics, and a general air of caution with regards to substance use is actively encouraged.

Also, paragraphs make your posts much easier and more pleasant to read, and i invite you to use them as you obviously have decent subjective experience with amphetamines and your insight would be most valuable to these forums.

Welcome to Bluelight!