• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Diphenidine Thread

most of these "novel research chemicals" are.

What - are from that patent? Sorry - don't mean to sound fatuous but I take it you mean THIS RC is from that patent?

I hoped some chemists might look at the QSAR (which is in patent) and suggest stuff? I mean, it's beyond me but the relative position of the phenyl & the N is just the same as in PCP.

They have the o-Cl (like K) and the m-OCH3 (like MXE)

Of course, the above might mean nothing - I'm not a chemist; I just had to file the patent in the place I work which is how I cam across it.

Last edited:
What - are from that patent?

no, from patents in general. some of the wierd jwh-type cannabinoids and drugs like ah-7291 were likely copied verbatim out of some patent somewhere.

If it isn't a patent, then just some research that shows affinity for some involved receptor. Another pretty wild example of that is RH-34, hardly gets more experimental than that - or irresponsible, I'm not sure which.

Ah-7921 is from a patent - even the 'dreaded' Wiki page has a link.

RH-34 is a good example where no human animal trials took place. At least a lot of animal models of AH were carried out.

IS RH-34 now an RC? Shame on them!!!!

I just wanted an expert to tell me why this compound (is active, sent sample) is nothing like PCP.

Please indulge in my innocence (and plain stupidity).

Many thanks,
CC

BTW - F&B talked a lot about it - but not an explaination for this.

Expired patents - still lots of x10 potent analogues in the series (also expired patent)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted an expert to tell me why this compound (is active, sent sample) is nothing like PCP.

because it's not an arylcyclohexylamine

cf. mk-801 vs pcp

I think I read somewhere that it's 'the position of the aromatic relative to the nitrogen lone-pair'. May well have been on here before I joined. If someone can explain what that MEANS, that would be nice ;-)

So, not worthwhile pursuing even for the NMDA receptor afficiniado? Or lack of commercial viability, vendor-side?

I'm not completely sure why, but I'm getting some more of this tomorrow.

Like many others here I was compulsively fascinated by its profile, even though it isn't what I'd call a 'recreational drug.' It's too interesting to let go without one more trial a few months down the line (ie now). Also it's dirt cheap at the moment, though I fear that is for good reason.

Anyone else have any further experiences of it since our discussions?

Dizocilpine actually seems to follow a similar pharmacophore and gives us a clue as to the binding conformation of this drug. In fact it looks like the piperidine is perhaps a bit too large of an N-substituent. 1,2-diarylethanamines (diaretamines?) probably go a bit further, Wiki says the pyrrole-lefetamines were safer (presumably pyrrole replaces benzene).

Yeah, they were less neurotoxic, but I believe that was simply a result of their reduced effect on monoamine release. I don't think there is much reason to think that it's connected to dissociative activity, so by just increasing the dissociative effect instead of the stimulant and opioid effects you'll be reducing the neurotoxicity.

Yeah, I definitely think you can consider this a ring-opened analogue of dizocilpine. Dizocilpine has such high affinity because it has what may be a nearly perfect conformation. Diphenidine is almost certainly binding in the same way, but it has to assume a conformation close to that of dizocilpine first. Since that isn't the energy minimized conformation Diphenidine wants to assume, it will assume the necessary conformation less often, thus less affinity.

That's very interesting information chaps, especially in light of so many anecdotal comparisons to MK. No wonder it is such an odd dissociative. Can any of you make any guesses about ROA efficacy from the structural data? Oral and insufflation have both been mentioned but with no obvious consensus either way, except the implication that it might be lipophilic and not water soluble.

It will be lipophillic as freebase but the salt forms will be water soluble.

In terms of bioavailability, I would guess that it would be similar to amphetamine and be active via oral administration without a problem.

Pre-requisite information: 1mg etizolam consumed 1 hour before experiment.

+110mg oral
Come-up 40 minutes - 60 minutes
A gradual, pleasing ascent from +20 minutes to +60 minutes into a state that gives me nostalgic (but subtly unique) throwback to some of my experiences with MXE. I would call this feeling closer to MXE than it is to 3-MeO-PCP. Clear dissociative head-buzz, a feeling of calm. An urge to communicate ideas and initiate discourse. An urge to re-connect with old friends. I'm experiencing a whole-body buzz which I find really quite pleasurable. Anxieties dissipated, stresses put to one side. There is a 'vacancy' to the experience again, but one that feels safe and somewhat comforting. Breathing is slow and heart rate normal, perhaps elevated slightly. Some possible motor co-ordination issues, typing takes more concentration than usual.

+1hr insufflated 50mg. The initial insufflation is quite comfortable, but the sting grows and fades over time. I wouldn't call it overpowering, but I'm not fussy about stingy compounds. It does however seem to close up the sinus in the nostril so would recommend only using one nostril to avoid looking like a drippy drug addled nose-fiend. *Edit* Weirdly, this seems to have changed since I first experienced this drug. I'm not sure why. The substance also looks a little different in recent batches. */Edit*

+1.5hr waves of dissociative pleasure, with a feeling of the head being encased in a buzzy metallic structure. This might read as f it is unpleasant, but it isn't. It 'breathes' around the head and body, akin to the experience of physical dissociative 'shifting' which I'm sure my fellow aryl enthusiasts will relate to. Peaceful. I feel as though I can allow myself to indulge in the experience if I want to.

Oddly, one of the experiences I would describe is one of empathy. I feel a union with the people I'm talking to online.

An overall positive experience so far. Definitely an interesting compound which I feel I may have dismissed too quickly before.

Last edited:
I've got 2 grams coming in. Old K, 3-MeO-PCX and MXE dog here, so I'm pretty excited. 3-MeO-PCE put me in a very depressive state for days though - someone here said it was more of a mediative drug. I found 3-MeO-PCP to be MXE with more stimulation, less dissociation & longer duration - but definite dissociative mind set and euphoric properties :)

So, lack of dopamine activity and druration make this a loser?

Possibly. We don't know what makes dissociatives enjoyable. Dizocilpine is self-administered by rats even in the presence of dopamine antagonists, but humans dislike it.

Possibly. We don't know what makes dissociatives enjoyable. Dizocilpine is self-administered by rats even in the presence of dopamine antagonists, but humans dislike it.

To confirm: This is a powder to take, if you don't want to recall what you are gonna do for the next 1-2 hrs, or so.

I just watched a full length movie under the influence of 120 mg of Diphenidine, and *poof*.
I literally just skipped through it again, to find that from 40 minutes in, and all the way to the credits, I was a blank. I didn't do anything, just - well - dozed off, with all senses and signs of life there. I had a conversation with a friend afterwards explaining what happened, and I repeated myself, he said. Positives? Great mood lift. And the fact that it tastes like very very bitter chemistry dissolved in water.

I can't imagine what this stuff would do to people out in the open, at festivals or the such.

Scary. This is going to the trash bin.