• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin & alprazolam

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
Does gabapentin potentiate alprazolam at all? If so what should a dosin schedule look like?
I am one of the lucky ones that gaba works on.
I was thinkin 1,800 (my norm rx'd dose) of gaba but how long til I take the alprazolam?
I've taken up to 6 grams of gaba. However my tolerance to alprazolam dropped a lot I'm noticing (aka sleepin for hours lol). I can take up to 2 mgs before it's pointless bc I'll just go to sleep within 2-3 hrs.
Thanks!

Gabapentin potentiates all benzodiazepines. The reason you think your tolerance has dropped is possibly because you're mixing alprazolam and gabapentin.

I doubt a 2 milligram dose is even required, IME, taking 0.5 milligrams of alprazolam with a good dose of gabapentin works better than a high dose of gabapentin with a moderate dose benzodiazepine.

Ok. Thank u! I'll take my normal gaba dose with .5 alprazolam and go from there :)

Took 6g gabapentin odnt feel much effect from gabapentin an it seems not to porentiate clonzepam or alprazolam. But my tolernase to gapanetin is extremely high I sued 2g pregalin before this,