Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Dream't Of Hell - Meaning?

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
Yesterday...

I awoke in the middle of the night from the scariest dream I can ever remember. My dream was me in hell. From what I can remember of the dream, I was standing amidst the fire and lava looking across a bridge that was extremely narrow. It had no guard rails, no handles, and it looked like it would crumble any moment. I remember in my dream crying out for help over and over, but no matter how many times I yelled for help - no one came for me. As time went on, I lost all hope and I finally realized that no one was coming for me - not even my own family. It was the most empty and horrible feeling I have ever known. To have everyone - friends, relatives, family - just forsake me like that was a truly dreadful experience.

It was truly awful. I remember (in the dream) having a mix of anger and sadness towards everyone I had ever known. How could they do that to me!? How could they just leave me to be tortured for eternity!? Even though I was angry at them, somehow in the dream, I knew I didn't deserve to have them come for me. It was as if I felt like I somehow deserved to be there. Which was also incredibly awful.

I remember thinking after that, that the only way I could ever escape this horrible fate was to cross the bridge - but I could never bring myself to do it. It was as if the fact that everyone would forsake me like that made it so I didn't even have to will or strength to cross the bridge - or maybe, even I didn't even feel like I deserved to be saved. Or maybe it was a mix of both........

Anyways, when I woke up - I awoke with a gasp of air, almost as if I had been suffocating and instantly started crying. I was also covered in sweat and I was too afraid to leave my room until the sun came up this morning.

Could anyone share what their interpretation of my dream is?

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

Wow this is insane, i got chills just reading it. Especially the part where you woke up gasping for breath. Do you think you actually died in your sleep? Only reason i say that is how u obviously weren't breathing for who knows how long, then u wake up, almost revived, with a breath of air. Hope it was just a dream cause if u did actually die for a moment, the whole hell thing is not really something to look forward to. I hear many stories of people dying on the operating table and recall seeing "the light"

^The most accurate dream interpretations are those that come from the one doing the dreaming ;)

re: dream

Assuming you didn't die and this was a dream.. perhaps you see yourself at a spot in your life only you can dig yourself out of--the narrow bridge represents maybe a route only you can take-no one else can deliver you across the bridge to safety--perhaps an addiction you're going through that will be literally 'going through hell' to get past. Maybe friends and family cant see you or help you because they may not know the full extent of everything? The feelings of no self worth and believing you're not worth saving have to go; thats condemnation and will keep you stagnant no matter what you're going through. I hope this helps

Homeless >>> Philosophy & Spirituality

~ Vaya

Sometimes a dream is just a dream. That was a pretty cool one, I 've been having a lot of macabre dreams myself lately.

It's better for you to interpret your own dream, but my interpretation is that your dream relates to your self-empowerment. This dream is about your rite of passage. It's an initiation. You are dealing with the archetype of the guardian at the gate, the fires of hell and fear taunting you into not going forward. Your initiation is to overcome the fear and cross the bridge.

It means you have to take responsibility for your own future to get yourself out of your negative circumstances. People can counsel you, advise you, and give you all kinds of recommendations. They can even walk with you to the door, but you have to walk through it. You have to "cross the bridge" of your own volition. It's a journey each person must take alone, which is why you had feelings of abandonment. Except that abandonment is just one way of looking at it. It could also mean you are being allowed to come into your own power, without anyone else's interference.

It seems like the bridge is your way out and you're afraid to cross it because you're more afraid of what's over there than the hell you are currently in. That's what the dream symbolism suggests to me anyway. It might be worth it to take this symbolism and see if it relates to anything in your waking life.

For dreams like this, I'll usually write out the dream the way it happened, but I'll add a different ending, such as, "Despite all the fear and agony I'm experiencing, I muster the courage to step onto the bridge and walk across it." It then implants the seed in your unconscious to do the dream differently, if you have it again.

If you can reach the other side, maybe you'll have a powerful insight about what you need to be doing in your life? Or maybe, some day, as you live your way into the answer, this dream will have a different conclusion.

It means you're actually in Hell, and your waking life is, in fact, a dream.

Seriously though, as someone who's had his share of awful dreams (some of them as physically distressing as yours), and who has wracked his brain looking for interpretations to the worst ones, I'd caution you from reading too much into any one dream, as I feel that most of them are basically the brain riding an exercise bike. If you must pull some meaning out of it--as others have said--you're the best one to do that, as you have full access to the thoughts and feelings of the dream, as well as the life context that may have prompted the dream in the first place. The dreams I have that are rich in emotion (positive or negative) make their source immediately known to me; that is, if I feel abandonment in a dream, chances are I'm feeling it in real life as well.

It means that you dreamed of hell.

Dreams are generally thought to be rather irrelevant and inconsequential...

Unless of course you are a spiritual, in which case - It means that The Seeds of Nevua have fallen in haste, and that the energy channels of Jungh have become trapped in a tidal discourse with evil. Your dream obviously is the prophecy of the ancients, and requires you to correct the energy channels via care-giving and love to your fellow humans. Otherwise, the rest of us will not make it. The seedlings have dreams themselves, and they dream of a peaceful earth, in which the autumn rains will bring a vivid cascade of future life.

Other than that, you just had a scary dream.

I think I have dreamt of hell before and had this eery feeling.. I was on some type of train and the surroundings was just dreadful!.. The railway was full of dead bodies and monsters that were ready to pull me out of the train.. I was the only one on the train and i couldnt move off my seat. When I saw the destination place there was a huge laugh from Satan.. i think it was him.. Scaryyyyyyyy

Dreams don't normally mean anything..

A thought will enter your head while you are dreaming then your mind will start to create a story.. this story sometimes includes previous memories, thoughts or feelings.. but as a whole 99.99% of the time they don't mean shit.

I myself believe that the content of dreams is more or less a random jumble of concepts and memories. I'm not sure why people are so keen on "interpreting" their dreams.

^ After you have recurring themes to your dreams you sort of start to wonder. Especially if said themes symbolically line up with your fears etc.

^Well they only have what's in your mind to work with, sometimes they'll be more apropos to your real life concerns than other times.

hell dream

Whilst surfing the net looking for other peoples dreams about hell I came across your post. I registered with this site so that I can give you some advice. I truly hope you can act on it. Your description of hell is almost exactly how hell is decribed in the religion of islam. There is a bridge which is narrow and slippery you will not be able to cross is accept if you have been granted hell. The people of hell turn to eachother and blame eachother for why they have been condemned to hell. Then they loose hope the guards of hell do not have any sympathy for them. God does not even answer or look on them. They are in complete despair, and they feel they deserve hell because nobody is put in hell unless they themselves realise they deserve to actuallly be there. So my advice look up what islam says about the people of hell and see if it matches what you experienced in your dream. There is a reason you were given this dream and only you can save yourself fromm that reality. I wish you health and well being peace be upon you.

There are dreams that have no meaning and there are dreams that have meaning. I don't know how to interpret dreams, but according to what I read in many psychology books. Dream usually happen during rapid eye movement when brain activity is wake. Sometimes dreams depends on our emotions. If you fear something and you always thought about that thing that you feared, then no wonder you dream about hell. Sometimes, there is an instances in your life that you watch movies, or series about hell; or read books that was closely related to description of hell, and you always imagine it. Consequently, that was the reason why you dream about hell. Hence, the powerful tool to overcome that is pray to God.

I have a friend that believes that all the characters in a dream are representations of different aspects of the dreamer. That means that you were terrified and in need of help and calling out but you were also the one not responding. When I have intense dreams I always try to abstract them away from the imagery to the feelings that the imagery evoked because this is how I think dreams can deepen our waking experience; they draw us into our emotional selves in ways that we deny ourselves while awake. If you looked at your dream the way my friend does, you would ask, "What is making me feel so alone and divided from myself?" and "Why am I denying this voice in myself?" or maybe"What part of myself am I refusing to save?"