• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Generic(s) Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwimmer205

Greenlighter
Alright, there are 2 generics of Suboxone that have now been released (by Amneal and Actavis Pharmacueticals) and have both began delivering their generic versions of Suboxone in both the 8/2 mg strength as well as the 2/0.5 mg strength (bupe/naloxone combination) I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with these as of yet? Also, if anyone has any images of these or links to images as well as the estimated cost of these new generics would be fantastic! This is definately great news for anyone on Suboxone, *snip* no price discussions, pretty perfect timing too since the tablets of brand-name Suboxone are being pulled in the middle of this month. The only thing I am worried about is how willing a doctor is to prescribe the generics because where I am they are very picky about what they will give. That reminds me on one of the websites telling about the generics being released is that if you do want the generic versions of Suboxone prescribed you should get your doctor to write down buprenorphine/naloxone combination tablets instead of Suboxone to avoid any confusion. Anyways, I look forward to your posts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell yeah!! Now these doctors can't tell patients that subutex is "only for pregnant women" I KNOW these doctors aren't that ignorant and just trying to pull a fast one on me. (I had the pharmicist call my docs office and explain that it is NOT just for women) Plus, i threw in the fact that i was on it before. And i'm far from a pregnant women.

I'm very interested as i go to the docs this wednesday. and i will ask his stupid ass if he's heard any other patients trying this generic yet. Now the docs have no more excuses to give someone a generic to save them money. I know doc, screw those junkies. They were probally paying more for there drug habit on the streets then for the cost of a 300 dollar suboxone script. Biggest line of bullshit i've EVER heard. Look at me, i talk to you for five minutes and write you a script. But i will not hand you the script untill you pay 150 bucks a visit. Mine aswell buy this stuff on the street. Oh wait, that's how i first heard of suboxone. SWINE!

Sorry the benzo and bupe ride is getting me kinda spunky right now ; )

It's all good :) I know what you mean they tried to tell me the same thing about only being for women pregnant or breastfeeding. I was on it to begin with myself and that makes it extra frustrating! Definately let me know what happens on Wednesday! Im curious what the Drs will say about the generic. I still think there has to be some sort of perks the Drs are getting for the prescriptions even though its illegal to outright hand them a check but there are ways to get around the legality such as what Purdue did with OxyContin.

Haha they attempted that line of crap on you to eh? Only for pregnant women. Those doctors know the truth and are lieing through there teeth. I'll certainly give you a heads up when i talk to the doc. Also, i plan on talking to him about this Probuphine injection that gives ya bupe for 6 months. It looks like it's going to cost about 2000 for implant. And some patients may need two implants aswell. Supposedly it should be available in April. I think it's pending approval from the FDA right now.

These doc's HAVE to be getting some sorta kickbacks from R&B for writing only Suboxone scripts. I'm sure off the record they are getting something. 90% of these docs are in it for money. I mean my doc double books appts, gives you about 5 minutes of face to face time, hands the prescription to the front desk girl who then asks for payment and after my debit card is approved for 150 dollars she will hand me the prescription.

So these genrics are tablets? I hope so!

will430 please use the edit function instead of triple posting.

cwimmer205 the news is appreciated, but discussion of generics or price discussion is not allowed.

I'm sorry did i triple post? I really did not intentionally mean to. Can anyone PM me please who has been switched by there doctor. This is huge! R&B's greedy selfs are taking a huge loss. ::evil laugh::

I picked these up and posted about them in the bupe megathread. Ive found they are excellent for i.v.ing.

I dissolved 2 mg in water to demonstrate how well they dissolve. Here is a pic of 2 mg in 70 units of water.

NSFW:
5nk64n.jpg

As you can see it is about as clear as it could be. No more orange cloudy shots. This is the actavis brand btw. Here are the pills next to an 8mg sub for comparison.

NSFW:
wujpdu.jpg

If a doctor refuses to write generic in the case of suboxone he's an asshole. I was getting generic subutex in '05. He wanted to save me cost as I am not a needle user.The roxanne ones. They taste like the floor of a taxi cab ( non flavored ) but they are nice *edit* were nice

I picked these up and posted about them in the bupe megathread. Ive found they are excellent for i.v.ing.

I dissolved 2 mg in water to demonstrate how well they dissolve. Here is a pic of 2 mg in 70 units of water.

NSFW:
5nk64n.jpg

As you can see it is about as clear as it could be. No more orange cloudy shots. This is the actavis brand btw. Here are the pills next to an 8mg sub for comparison.

NSFW:
wujpdu.jpg

"Buprenex" IV formulations are prepared in 0.25-0.3 for a reason, any more than 1 to 2 injections of that amount is an obvious waste of time.

dude, i have been getting generic buprenorphine for half the price of suboxone at the pharmacy for 9+ months.

the naloxone is bullshit, is basically inactive, and causes side effects like nausea and headaches. once i switched from 2mg suboxone tablets to 2mg bupre tablets, i stopped getting random nauseous spells and stopped getting as many headaches. definitely a smart move... they pharm companies only put the naloxone in with the bupre because naloxone is expensive as fuck so they can charge people 3x the price of gen bupre or subutex.

i have snorted my suboxone and subutex (1-2mg a day) for almost a year. i got on suboxone april 2012. snorting bupre is the way to go, that is why i get the tablets instead of strips hahah. i have never had any negatie side effects from snorting the subs to my nose, no bloody boogers, no sensitivity or uncomfortability and no breathing problems.

"Buprenex" IV formulations are prepared in 0.25-0.3 for a reason, any more than 1 to 2 injections of that amount is an obvious waste of time.

I've had the buprenex .25mg vials and they fucked me up severely. but I have a tolerance to keep up with from doing bupe daily for 18 months, so 1-2mg at a time is what I do.

makes sense to me. I've had those .25mg vials of bupe in the past when I had no tolerance and they got me extremely high. but I have a tolerance to bupe right now from doing it for 18 months and .25mg doesn't do shit, 2mg doesn't really do anything and I doubt if I did an 8mg pill at once it would do much either, but because of the tolerance from doing them for so long I do 2mg when I do it, and it seems to last longer than if I do less.

The reason lower doses are better is because norbuprenorphine is the active metabolite when doses are <2mg. It's full agonist and is much more desirable than buprenirphine, seeing as it's only a partial agonist. Once you go above 2mg, buprenorphine takes over with it's high affinity.

2 mg's of subutex IV'd is like taking AT LEAST 6-8 mg's (probably more) sublingual, so that doesnt make much sense either...

Last edited:
2 mg's of subutex IV'd is like taking AT LEAST 6-8 mg's (probably more) sublingual, so that doesnt make much sense either...

well that's pretty much spot on because thats the dose I take when I do it SL

What I am trying to get across to you is that amount is pointless other than using to get off of full agonist pain killers for maybe 72 hours, at most.
Not steadily reducing to 1-2 mg's max' or less than .50 mg's IV (which should only pertain to Buprenex), but I feel no need to get into that, is a total fucking waste of your time & prescription

Status
Not open for further replies.