• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Generic(s) Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This threads like a month old but i thought id chime in anyways..

i just got the new generics today cuz my stupid local pharmacy ran out of subutex, so my doctor OK'ed them to just give me 5 suboxone til the tex's come in.

a lil info on these: bout the same size as the N8's and just as orange, but not hexagonal as you've probly seen in the pics. Seems about the same as the N8's just about all around tho :/

they were a tad more difficult to break in half. (i only take 4mgs/day max. 1/4th at a time)

they kinda feel a liiiiiiiiiittle bit more stronger buzz wize, but it could just very well be placebo. Well thats about it! Have a nice day :)

~P.Mac

Last edited:
Just got my generic Suboxone today. The white ones with a Moon / D / or C on one side, and 155 on the other.

Feels the same as the others, maybe slightly less. Will post over time on my observations on it.

Yea this is great even though my insurance always covered suboxone and never had a problem getting subutex instead but to each his own...anyhow...my pharmacy ran out of strips and had no suboxone tablets so they gave me a bottle of Amneal Bupe 8mg/Naloxone 2mg...generic subs...and there hard as fucking concrete even trying to bite them in half i personally plug...and with a suboxone tablets or film...it becomes liquid quick....not thick liquid that much either...These Amneal Bupe pills take atleast 15 mins to dissolve i cant imagine using it SL....but yea just my 2 cents btw heres the tablets...generic ones i have...OH and they seem less potent then regular suboxone...placebo maybe im sure it is...anyway here

http://images.ddccdn.com/images/pil...-hydrochloride-and-naloxone-hydrochloride.jpg

generic suboxone

Alright, there are 2 generics of Suboxone that have now been released (by Amneal and Actavis Pharmacueticals) and have both began delivering their generic versions of Suboxone in both the 8/2 mg strength as well as the 2/0.5 mg strength (bupe/naloxone combination) I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with these as of yet? Also, if anyone has any images of these or links to images as well as the estimated cost of these new generics would be fantastic! This is definately great news for anyone on Suboxone, *snip* no price discussions, pretty perfect timing too since the tablets of brand-name Suboxone are being pulled in the middle of this month. The only thing I am worried about is how willing a doctor is to prescribe the generics because where I am they are very picky about what they will give. That reminds me on one of the websites telling about the generics being released is that if you do want the generic versions of Suboxone prescribed you should get your doctor to write down buprenorphine/naloxone combination tablets instead of Suboxone to avoid any confusion. Anyways, I look forward to your posts :)

hello the answer is yes,theyre a couple different tablet generic forms of suboxone.when the strips was released my rx told me theyd never be a generic suboxone they had pattened their product and the tablets would be discontinued,this is a diversion on the manufactuors part and deceiveing the people who take this medication by distorting their money in my opinion.and now a injection is being considered for 2000 ea. transplant which apears to cost alot at first but maybe worth the price by time you add up scripts over the peroid of time.we as patients have been lied to just to gain our money i googled photos of generic suboxone theyre images there

cant believe how expensive subutex is in the states in uk its very cheap seems like you are paying threw the nose :(

Are the two new white generic subs crushable at all? Being a three year, N8 sniffer myself, I'm stressing out big time here.

Are the two new white generic subs crushable at all? Being a three year, N8 sniffer myself, I'm stressing out big time here.

I haven't tried the Amneal Pharmaceuticals tablets, but I have tried the Actavis Pharmacueticals tablets 8mg (white, D 155). They almost "automatically" break up and dissolve in water, and crush very easily, so there'll be no trouble crushing them for nasal. I would just worry because there seems to be a lot of filler left over in the container / cotton when I filter for rectal, so I don't know how healthy nasal would be.

They feel the same as the real Suboxone pills or strips. Long-term Suboxone pill, then generic Subutex by Roxanne, and now generic Suboxone pills (Actavis) because my insurance got shittier and brand name's are much more costly.

Still hold me!

Hope that was helpful. =D

Yea I'd just like to add to this thread my opinion of the Actavis 8mg/2mg bupe pill. In my opinion, the taste is much better than the name brand pills or strips. i don't know if i get a buzz off of it, but i feel like i might. it's just a normal bupe feeling though, no difference in POTENCY than the name brand. i take 8mg/ day and the switch has been easy if not a bit enjoyable. I post this because there is a lot of controversy over the generic not being as strong as the name brand on other forums. i'm not sure if it's a placebo effect taking its toll on addict mentalities. i really don't know and imply nothing by saying this about addictive behaviors; i too am an addict and, yes, I was a bit scared to switch to generic. but i see no loss of strength. one pill still holds me a whole day just like the others.

just one person's opinion.

Last edited:
i believe when a suboxone doctor tells you "subutex is for pregnant woman" i think he means that since ur seeing him for opiate addiction, subutex only applies to pregnant woman as it has no naloxone, which can cause harm to a fetus (which is confusing cause naloxone is inactive sublingually, unless it still can effect a fetus?). Suboxone doctors are not idiots, they know why they're patients ask for subutex (to abuse and IV) so thats why they tell you they only give it out to pregnant woman(because of the personal patients dilemma) personally, at that specific doctors discretion. its not a drug labeled "for pregnant woman only", subutex is a pain management drug for people in pain. it's all up to your doctor whether he wants to give you subutex, some doctors will give out subutex to patients if they have no health insurance and cannot afford paying for suboxone as it's so expensive, so the doctor will sympathize with you and give you subutex so your not spending so much money at the pharmacy, on the other hand MY DOCTOR PERSONALLY, will NOT give out subutex and doesnt care how much you have to pay at the pharmacy for the suboxone, he only gives it to pregnant woman. some docs give it out to patients out of generousity, insurance issues, or pregnancy, or people coming in the office claiming "there allergic to naloxone". i have seen doctors give people subutex because they complain of the nasty orange taste and causing gag reflexes...

I picked these up and posted about them in the bupe megathread. Ive found they are excellent for i.v.ing.

I dissolved 2 mg in water to demonstrate how well they dissolve. Here is a pic of 2 mg in 70 units of water.

NSFW:
5nk64n.jpg

As you can see it is about as clear as it could be. No more orange cloudy shots. This is the actavis brand btw. Here are the pills next to an 8mg sub for comparison.

NSFW:
wujpdu.jpg

Please fuck off with your needle bullshit, take it somewhere else nobody wants it around here.

all it does is fuck shit up

It is a racket. You have to find the right doctor. My doctor is actually treating my problems which caused me to use. He isn't just treating one of the symptoms (withdrawal). Money isn't a huge problem, he just generally takes a strong stand point on rehabilitation of addicts, not just punishment.

If you want to find a doctor that isn't shifty, do your research.

Im just on 8 mg twice a day subutex cause I can reduce myself a lot better intranasal the generic ones I get are Roxane labs 54 411 an these tiny hi tek ones with a arrow an a 8 on other side but the small ones mess with my head feel like I'm geting less unless U iv them but I go threw to fast that way I was a pain patient 140mgs methadone for over ten years an oxy imm rea lease 30mg three a day for the longest only been on subs for two years helps with pain

I was recently switched from orange circular 8mg/2mg suboxone pills to white N8/Arrow circular pills. I'm really not sure how I feel about them yet. I dose twice a day (1-2mg per dose), never more than 4mg/day. I've read a lot on bluelight but as far as preference for generic pills how does the N8/Arrow generic stack up against orange stop signs or orange circles?

Everyone relax. The Actavis and Anmeal brands are *just* as potent as the Name brand Subs. Teva also makes a generic which I have no tried

^This
We have enough threads about generics and the conclusion is, that generics are just as potent as the brand

Closing this for now, as generica discussion isn't allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.