• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long to wait after Methadone, to take Oxycodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this post is old. However, I get RX'd both oxycodone (15mg) and methadone (5mg). Taking one meth @ 5mg I really didn't feel anything and thought they sucked. I later thought "how can this be?". So one day I took 4 or 5 meth (no oxy that day) - and I was completely looped (in a good way). To me, it felt like high octane oxy. So for a week or so every day was fantastic. Here's the major drawback; once the meth was gone (and also the oxy), the withdrawls were the worst thing I ever personally experienced. I was f'ing miserable in every way that comes with AWS. I learned my lesson and swore to never touch the meth pills again. To date, I never have (and never will). The WD's were no fucking joke and I feel for anybody that has to suffer through that.

Methadone does not block opioids like buprenorphine does.

The methadone program is all about raising tolerance, it's some powerful stuff. 25mg of methadone equals about 100mg of oxycodone. You need to take oxy 2x daily to not be sick unlike methadone. I'm not sure but you may need to take 200mg of oxycodone twice a day for it to be equal.

Buprenorphine (suboxone) actually blocks the opioid receptors. It's not as powerful as most people think. I've read it's 30-40x more powerful than morphine... Yea at binding not analgesic effects. It's only about 17x more powerful in reality and has a ceiling dose. So 1mg of bupe would be about equal to about 20mg of oxycodone. Also IME it doesn't raise your tolerance as much as regular opioids since it's only a partial agonist but you gotta wait for it to wear off.

How long should one wait after taking methadone (50 mg total over 4 days) to take a 7.5/325 Percocet? Its been 8 days since her last dose.

Thanks! She's just still concerned about the EXTREMELY long half-life of methadone and the effect that the methadone that's still in her body might have if she takes a Percocet.

It won't have any effect physically. U should be all set to take the perc if u want.

If you only took methadone 1 time then 36hrs-48hrs should be more than okay, even after 24hrs I would think its okay but I would wait a bit more to be sure.

If you took methadone more than 1 time than the answer is 72hrs. Taking opioids 24hrs after will have *no effect*. Taking opiates 36hrs still nothing in the way of effects. After 48hrs there is still plenty methadone in your system and in your receptors, any opioids you take now *may* work, its a more like a 60% chance they don't work than a 50-50 but if they do work it will only be physical and nothing you can actually feel as a buzz. Even after 60hrs there is a 50-50 chance.

After 72hrs - 3 days, you can take opioids and they will work but the rush may still be blocked though the body high and nod is still there. After 72hrs+ whatever is left can actually work to increase said opioid's effects.

Thanks guys! Am not really concerned at all with getting a buzz. Just concerned with physical/medical safety. Took methadone 5 times over a span of 4 days. 50 mg total. Major concern is increased toxicity of methadone if Percocet is taken with methadone still in one's system. 252 hours since last dose. 10 1/2 days.

Scared that the methadone will NEVER be out of the system. Terrified to take anything ever again due to potential fatal interactions. UGH!!!

sometimes I wonder if you people just repeat what you hear in other threads, or have actually been through things like this yourself.

first off, what dose methadone are you on? that is a major factor. I left methadone at 17MG and shot dope or would take oxy an hour or tow later; the same goes for when I was on 95MG - methadone is not the type of drug where you cannot mix another opiate with; its there to block other opiates once it gets to a certain point, but you will NOT GET SICK mixing another opiate with drug; however, if you were to switch from methadone to suboxone, then there would trouble in the switch and you may have to wait 3 days or so, but again, everyone is different, so be safe.

but again, I was scripted 95MG of methadone and took it at 8AM; at 12PM I'd shoot dope or take oxy everyday. I felt fine everyday of my life; I was high but I still used; I didnt start getting high till my dose was around 55-65 and then it finally started to work again.

just be careful, thats all. do not always listen to EVERY SINGLE PERSON because one thing I noticed on this board is A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST RETYPE WHAT THEY READ IN ANOTHER THREAD!

Day 1- 10 mg
Day 2- 10 mg
Day 3- 20 mg
Day 4- 10 mg (final day)

Last dose was exactly 12 days ago. With all the drug interactions, including CNS depressants, (i.e. Percocet) and the longest half-life on the planet, combined with SWIM's OCD, she may never take anything again.

Daria stop freaking out you are completely fine if its been 12 days; most of the methadone is probably well out of your system by now..

thats a lot of methadone if you have no tolerance to be taking; I remember years ago when i had little tolerance it took 15 mg of methadone and was floored for a good 24 hrs...

years later i am now stable on 55mg and trying to desperately taper and get off this hellish drug

Day 1- 10 mg
Day 2- 10 mg
Day 3- 20 mg
Day 4- 10 mg (final day)

Last dose was exactly 12 days ago. With all the drug interactions, including CNS depressants, (i.e. Percocet) and the longest half-life on the planet, combined with SWIM's OCD, she may never take anything again.

lol, this is why I asked.

you could have taken that Oxy about 3 seconds after you took your last dose of methadone and still felt it/been OK.

I was on meth because of Dilaudid addiction... I was just using about 30 or 40 mg a day... the doc sent me on a methadone 20mg then 30 then 40mg... it was stronger than the dilaudid i was using... 5 years of hell... no sex... gaining weight, zombified... anyway; my other doc started me back on oxyneo because of my chronic pain and I tapered down to 5m of methadone slowly .... short story... im off methadone 2 months now and i will never ever ever take this poison again. i use oxyneo 30mg 2x daily and it controls my pain. Cant crush it cant snort it cant inject it,,, after my back operation I'll go in a clinic to taper down the oxy which will be a lot easier than methadone. My pharmacist told me i am the 2nd one he knows who was able to stop methadone.... aover many years. It is a racket. they will hook you up... and then try to stop... good luck... the worst cold turkey ever...

Sorry to hear that Grand. Very glad to hear you got off of it. Wish I'd never touched it. Took it for pain but was a huge mistake. Been off it 3 weeks but scared to take other pain meds due to methadone staying in the system so long. Scared of interactions. Didn't even take anything after getting hit by a car.

What on a super small dose like 5mgs twice a day down to now 2.5 mgs twice a day how long do you have to wait to take Percocet? ,
Do you have to wait at all?

I am quite strong willed, and have had a lot of diffrent pills stashed, that i couldve taken while i felt like crap, but didnt, as i have promised myself that its all for when i quit the done.

Im not sure how much oxy im planning on taking. I kind of dont know how my tollerance is looking as of now x)

And im not asking if its a good idea. I really find it very nice of you to try and help me, but i am planning on doing it no matter what. Yes i will like the feeling, no doubt. But i like m'done as well. Its euphoric to me.. And as i said, i am quite strong willed with CERTAIN things XD

I had very unpleasant side-effects with Bupe, but actually do have some bupe. I didn't want to write down my entire quitting-plan as that didnt have a whole lot to do with my actual question.. Which was only about the methadone and oxy.
But i have some bupe that i am planning on taking after i take the oxy for a weeks time, and then im going to taper from the bupe, because i cant stay too long on it, as i have the side-effects (as mentioned before)
Sound like a good plan? ;) And then i have an excuse for taking the oxy that i have bought, but not for too long, which was never my plan- i dont really have enough for that!!. hahah!
You saying u are strong willed makes me laugh not only can u noy help urself and need opiates EVERY day but instead of just withdrawlimg completely and getting high eith 0 tolerance u wanna get enough oxy to over power your tolerance. I really feel bad for u if u cant see the logic in not being addicted at all so u can take it once a week and in low doses amd getting high

Status
Not open for further replies.