• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO Tryptamine Comparisons

I just got some 5-MeO-MET but it was an oil. I had the same trouble with another lab that could not crystallize their 5-meo-dmt. Any ideas on how to crystallize these? They are both big labs that make a lot of 4-aco's and 5-meo's, but they are having trouble getting the 5-meo-XXX's Freebases into solid form. Not that mind dabbing it, because it is wonderful, but it's not practical.

When using tank setups instead of ecigs, is the vape juice vaporizing the drugs in solution or atomizing them?

I ask because if it's atomizing the material, then it may not be important to convert to freebase, improving stability

Hi.

The 5-meo-Malt oil is in the form of a free Base, I'm afraid that it can not crystallize in any way unless you try to turn it into a salt. I have 5-meo-malt oxalate, which is a white crystalline powder without any odor, and I also have the free base, which smells like DMT and is an orange-amber sticky substance.

My solution of PG to vaporize in the e-cig is of 75mg / ml, in the same mixture I have the salt and the free base equally.
In an E-CIG, the salts can be vaporized without any problem, but you need to control the watts applied and if possible to have the Temperature Control mode. Some of the modern E-CIGs provide 120Watt, which allows vaporizing substances at high temperatures. For example, AM-2201 needs a lot of temperature and most E-CIG can not reach that range, so AM-2201 does not work in an E-CIG most of the time.

At the moment I have not tried vaporized 5-meo-malt, but if I do I will write here my impressions and the success of the method.

DocLad

One thing that bothers me with 5-MeO trypts is that I have a research paper that proves neurotoxicity of 5-MeO-DiPT in a similar fashion as DOI (in humans, not only rats), which might mean that 5-MeO-MiPT is also somewhat neurotoxic, so I would abstain from using it as a microdosing agent or daily fun.

It's just my own experience but I think there may be something to neurotoxicity with 5-meo-mipt. I've binged and quit various substances in my life but stopping 5-meo-mipt after a long duration of daily dosing/large doses was something that took me a long time to fully recover from. I had lingering visuals for 6+ months after stopping it. It was like begin in a constant low-dose LSD trip visually, trails everywhere for months and I could barely see upon waking until all the visual snow would clear. It messed with me in a lot of ways, my anxiety was through the roof for a long time after stopping and I felt mentally slow/retarded.

I also understand what people are saying about it getting "gritty" after extended use. It has a bit of a dark side and I've seen it throw people into states of despair multiple times. I would never give it to someone that didn't have a lot of experience with psychedelics even though it's a pretty light trip when compared to LSD. It's just so unpredictable, especially around the 2-3 hour mark of the trip.

It's just my own experience but I think there may be something to neurotoxicity with 5-meo-mipt. I've binged and quit various substances in my life but stopping 5-meo-mipt after a long duration of daily dosing/large doses was something that took me a long time to fully recover from.

With this consumption pattern you are looking for problems. Do not be offended, but taking a powerful psychedelic every day like 5-meo-mipt is stupid. All existing medications have side effects, but believe me if I tell you that the problems you have suffered are not cause of the toxicity of 5 - meo-mipt, they are cause of your irresponsible consumption.

DocLad

Could you develop your comment a little more? I am interested in knowing your opinion about that "emotional volatility" of which you speak.

DocLad

HeadphonesandLSD, I'd be careful with it. 5-MeO-MiPT does get somewhat "gritty" as you mentioned, at about 2-3 hr mark. Sometimes I would start feeling weird mentally and in the body (brain fog, drug cravings, irritability, weird unexplained pains or skin conditions) - for me its a sign to lay off psychoactives and gather myself for awhile.

As for volatility of emotions on 5-MeO, I think Dresden might have meant that these chems will make you feel different and inconsistent every time, felling euphoria and calm and then easily switching to anger, sadness or other dark feelings. I can totally relate to this. Its not as strong as with alcohol for me (on alcohol my emotions are all over) but still there.

I get it.

I really get that feeling of many drugs. After all, we alter the chemistry of our brain, and our emotions are inevitably linked to those processes. Sometimes, we get a magical glow, sometimes we just feel empty.

We will find some pattern to follow, we will discuss many substances and compare them to each other, that is good for this community. But I have the feeling that perhaps the individual idiosyncrasy has more force when it comes to these emotional responses than the direct impact of the substance. It's just a speculation.
Alcohol does not like me either, it dulls my mind towards the end, but I've consumed so much alcohol when I was younger than I just do not know if that effect is inherent in the drug itself, or it's just me.

When I take psychedelics with my friends and it's their first time, they often cry with joy and feel happy like never before. For me, after so many experiences, the trip sometimes becomes more analytical, more mental, I'm not surprised as much as the first-timers, and the glow does not last that long. In addition, I have realized that for them the impact is so strong that they can not take the smile off their face at any time, but for me it is easier to leave that euphoria aside, in that sense my trips fluctuate more emotionally.
For me it's not bad, I do not see it that way, but sometimes I miss that first psychedelic contact.

DocLad

Last edited:
I got a chance to try 5-MeO-MALT Freebase. 15 mg was pretty intense. But it could be pushed higher. 5-MeO-MET Freebase is going to be available soon too. I'm hoping that it's got similarities to 5-MeO-DMT FB, but I'm doubtful.

I got a chance to try 5-MeO-MALT Freebase. 15 mg was pretty intense. But it could be pushed higher. 5-MeO-MET Freebase is going to be available soon too. I'm hoping that it's got similarities to 5-MeO-DMT FB, but I'm doubtful.

What has been the administration route?
I made 5-meo-malt freebase for smoking but it was a pain to work with it because it was a sticky wax.
I've not tried it yet.

DocLad

What has been the administration route?
I made 5-meo-malt freebase for smoking but it was a pain to work with it because it was a sticky wax.
I've not tried it yet.

DocLad
Dissolve your sticky wax in isopropyl alcohol, then infuse the carrier herb with it, simply mix with whatever you like to vaporize (cannabis, damiana, anything you like) and slowly evaporate the alcohol using warm water bath and air drying, your 5-MeO-MALT will be in the herb mix now.
Knowing the original weight of the salt, you can easily calculate the required dosage making a ratio of the original salt weight to the weight of dried cured herb mix after the evaporaton is over so its easy to dose it quite reliably.

Dissolve your sticky wax in isopropyl alcohol, then infuse the carrier herb with it, simply mix with whatever you like to vaporize (cannabis, damiana, anything you like) and slowly evaporate the alcohol using warm water bath and air drying, your 5-MeO-MALT will be in the herb mix now.
Knowing the original weight of the salt, you can easily calculate the required dosage making a ratio of the original salt weight to the weight of dried cured herb mix after the evaporaton is over so its easy to dose it quite reliably.

I've the free base of 5-meo-malt dissolved in propylene glycol to vaporize in an e-cig, which in my point of view is much better than doing changa.

Thanks anyway.;)

DocLad

Hi.

The 5-meo-Malt oil is in the form of a free Base, I'm afraid that it can not crystallize in any way unless you try to turn it into a salt. I have 5-meo-malt oxalate, which is a white crystalline powder without any odor, and I also have the free base, which smells like DMT and is an orange-amber sticky substance.

My solution of PG to vaporize in the e-cig is of 75mg / ml, in the same mixture I have the salt and the free base equally.
In an E-CIG, the salts can be vaporized without any problem, but you need to control the watts applied and if possible to have the Temperature Control mode. Some of the modern E-CIGs provide 120Watt, which allows vaporizing substances at high temperatures. For example, AM-2201 needs a lot of temperature and most E-CIG can not reach that range, so AM-2201 does not work in an E-CIG most of the time.

At the moment I have not tried vaporized 5-meo-malt, but if I do I will write here my impressions and the success of the method.

DocLad

5-MeO-MALT FB can also be a solid. I've seen 5-MeO-MET FB as an oil, seeded with 5-MeO-MET FB crystal that turned into a solid over about a week.

Generally the tryptamine freebases I've seen (back in the day, they were largely available as freebases) have been crystalline. Phenethylamine freebases, however, cannot exist as anything but volatile oils (in general, perhaps there are exceptions, I don't know).

I based the 5-Meo-Malt oxalate to have the free base and mix it with PG to vaporize in the e-Cig.
Once Toluene evaporated with the free base of 5-Meo-Malt, a waxy orange substance appeared with a smell similar to DMT.

I did not know that 5-Meo-Malt FB existed in solid form. Is it possible that the same substance can be presented in two different ways?

DocLad

Well I don't know, maybe 5-MeO-MALT FB can't exist in crystalline form. I just know that all of the base tryptamines as well as the 4 substituted tryptamines as well as 5-MeO-MiPT that I've seen in freebase were crystalline. 5-MeO-MALT might have different properties. You could have used too much base to convert and there was some left over, giving a waxy texture. Or else maybe not 100% of the toluene evaporated. Or, maybe 5-MeO-MALT is waxy as a freebase. It's really too new to say for sure.