• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO Tryptamine Comparisons

I've only tried 5-MeO-MET orally, which was quite enjoyable. I can imagine that vaporization would be pretty amazing, although I'm not sure I'd enjoy the rush with a psychedelic that's that stimulating for me.

I felt like it was very similar to 5-MeO-MiPT if you took the emphathy, the euphoria, the hedonism, and the raw primal intoxication of it and substituted it fir a clear, bright, cool, honest, speedy headspace. Still not very deep, still a little confusing to make use of. It definitely seemed psychedelic, but kind of locked at the metacognitive level, not a lot deeper than that.

I haven't until recently seen 5-MeO-MET FB or fumarate available. Maybe I was just looking in all the wrong places, but there are a lot of tryptamines that have been ignored by vendors. Like 4-AcO-DPT etc until more recently. I'm expecting that the 5-MeO-MET vaped to be quite interesting. I find that 5-MeO-DMT can be a little jarring on the come up. 5-MeO-MiPT is really a slow progression in comparison and lasts a lot longer. I've read that vaped 5-MeO-MET lasts about 40 mins. 5-MeO-MiPT vaped in my experience is about 90 mins.

I have a longstanding fascination with this class but have only tried 2 members.

- 5-MeO-DMT is on my list, but I don't think I'm psychologically ready for it at this point in my life.
- 5-MeO-MET is one I'd like to acquire but haven't bothered to yet.
- 5-MeO-MiPT has been a go-to for me, when I want an empathogenic and euphoric but mild psychedelic state. I find it easy to handle mentally and also find that it rewards physical activity. It doesn't provide enough mental activity to just sit around and trip, so I tend to save it for when I have *something* that I want to go out and do during the trip (museum, concert, walk in the park, etc). I have taken this orally both alone and in combo with other stuff, and plugged it in combo with MXE, but I haven't plugged it alone.
- 5-MeO-EiPT is an odd one. I haven't tried it as much as I'd like (I lost a large portion of my first sample due to an accidental spill). My few experiences were less sensory and somatic than 5-MeO-MiPT and a bit more analytic. I don't know if it would make a fulfilling trip at home alone, as I've only combined it with museum visits (which it is good at enhancing IMO). I have only taken this orally.
- 5-MeO-DiPT is on my list, for curiosity more than anything else (because it doesn't sound all that great), but I haven't seen it around in like, 7 years. I passed up an opportunity to try it because of the very mixed reviews.
- 5-MeO-DALT I have neither tried nor intend to try, but I love reading reports about it because it seems so weird. Maybe not in the sense that its effects are out there, but in the sense that its effects can't be easily slotted into the neat boxes of "empathogenic", "psychedelic", "stimulant", etc. Reminds me a bit of (the reports I've read about) 3C-P.

As for the others---5-MeO-DET, any 5-methoxy-N-propyl-tryptamines, and any 5-methoxy-N-alkyl-N-allyl-tryptamines---I haven't seen or heard very much about, and would probably not try myself, but remain highly curious.

I remain baffled about what's going on with the SAR of these compounds, especially with wildcards like 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DALT in the mix.

If the people on the RC subreddit are to be believed, 5-MeO-MiPT is basically the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Unfortunately not necessarily in a mellow, "Ann-Shulgin-saying-"the erotic""-sense a la 2C-C/2C-B, and more in a "creepy, disturbing, reckless" sense.

Re: 5-MeO-Pyr-T, I wonder if it hits the same receptors as RU-28306 (the cyclized DMT analog), which may also result in a loss of consciousness and dream-like delirium if that German trip report is to be believed.

5-MeO-MiPT has never had any sort of creepy or disturbing vibe to me whatsoever, that's weird. It makes me feel really centered and happy, and energetic. It makes me really aware of my energy flow through my body, I had a strong insight into the nature of anxiety one time when I used it to successfully push past something. I have found it erotic, but it doesn't make me suddenly get horny or anything. I would imagine if you took it specifically for the purpose of enhancing some erotic activities, it would be good at that. I've had sex while on it but I wasn't going into it for that purpose, and it was definitely an enhancer.

I remain baffled about what's going on with the SAR of these compounds, especially with wildcards like 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DALT in the mix.

My thought is that it probably has to do with hydrogen binding between the methoxy on the five position and other functional groups.

With 5-MeO-DMT, the two methyl groups are two far away to interact with the methoxy. This makes the alpha methyl quite vulnerable to enzymatic attack. 5-MeO-MiPT/DiPT's isopropyl group(s) are long enough to interact, effectively protecting the alpha methyl group, but distorting the shape of the molecule and thus its effects in the receptor. I think that pseudo ring structure wraps perpendicular to the other rings, while 4 substitutions are likely planar (with a less protected alpha methyl - less potent, shorter acting, but much more intense effects.)

I'm not a chemist or a pharmacologist, though, and the neatness of this explanation makes me suspicious when there's nothing comparably tidy about phenethylamine SAR.

What I want to know is how to prevent 5-AcO-DMT/NMT from being phosphorylated when orally administered, turning into nasty oral 5-HO-DMT. Would it be able to protect the alpha methyl by forming a stable ring structure?

5-MeO-MiPT has never had any sort of creepy or disturbing vibe to me whatsoever, that's weird. It makes me feel really centered and happy, and energetic.

I could see both experiences. Mine have been like yours, Xorkoth, but it's gotten gritty and raw as I've pushed the doses higher.

It's become my go-to for recreation, as it enhances every positive experience for me, has a forced but gentle positivity to it, and never presents a challenging headspace provided I dose 5-6mg. Once I push past that dosage, there is a chance it can become stimulating, anxiogenic, and gritty, but only a small chance. It makes it hard to classify the space: mellow, gentle delight at 5mg, edgy, raw, and primal at 10mg. Weird material, but I love it (expert for the tolerance it causes)

I also love it. :) I've never taken it above 10-12mg, I think 12mg but I had a lot of tolerance at the time. I've heard reports of it at 20+mg that make it sound very powerful at higher dosages. personally though I don't feel the need to take it higher because the bodyload gets intense.

I've taken up to 24mg orally of 5-MeO-MiPT and it is definitely quite powerful at that dosage. Bodyload on the comeup wasn't much higher than usual to my recollection, and as is typical it disappeared with the onset of psychedelic effects.

It's hard to say because they were brought out with bong tokes and ketamine, but that trip featured some of the most beautiful and unique visuals I've ever seen

That's about as far as I've gone with 5-MeO-MiPT fumarate orally (30mg). 10-12 mg vaped was so much more interesting. For me it's like doing 2 completely different drugs. Imagine snorting 35-40 mg of 5-MeO-DMT and smoking 8-15 mg, would one be able to tell it was the same drug if it one's first time doing either?

I'm guessing no.

5-MeO-DMT: Lots of experience. Sublingual, vaped, plugged. From + through ++++
5-MeO-MiPT: Around 5 experiences. Oral, vaped. From + through +++
5-MeO-TMT: Tried it twice, plugged. Nothing special. ++
5-MeO-MALT: Tried once recently. 20mg vaped, strong +++

I have to say, 5-MeO-MALT is probably one of the best psychedelics I've ever experienced. It's far more intense than 5-MeO-DMT in headspace, absolutely stunning visually and seems to have the ability to induce boundless euphoria. The happiness it induces is so extreme that I had a hard time believing what I was feeling. It's extremely introspective, relentlessly so. It feels like a combination of every other psychedelic. I think anyone who manages to break through on this would probably come away from it feeling as though they have no need to ever touch a psychedelic again. After you've felt everything that there is to feel, what more could you want?

Ranking: MALT > DMT > MiPT > TMT

5-MeO-DMT: Lots of experience. Sublingual, vaped, plugged. From + through ++++
5-MeO-MiPT: Around 5 experiences. Oral, vaped. From + through +++
5-MeO-TMT: Tried it twice, plugged. Nothing special. ++
5-MeO-MALT: Tried once recently. 20mg vaped, strong +++

I have to say, 5-MeO-MALT is probably one of the best psychedelics I've ever experienced. It's far more intense than 5-MeO-DMT in headspace, absolutely stunning visually and seems to have the ability to induce boundless euphoria. The happiness it induces is so extreme that I had a hard time believing what I was feeling. It's extremely introspective, relentlessly so. It feels like a combination of every other psychedelic. I think anyone who manages to break through on this would probably come away from it feeling as though they have no need to ever touch a psychedelic again. After you've felt everything that there is to feel, what more could you want?

Ranking: MALT > DMT > MiPT > TMT

REALLY? 5-MeO- MALT above the rest. Likely because it was vaped. I've tried MALT Freebase and it was incredible, I can imagine that 5-MeO-MALT is all that you said it is. I've got to get my hands on that!

Yeah, I think MALTs were some of the latest creations of A. Shulgin. I hope his spirit gets reborn in another visionary chemist who will continue the magical exploration of our consciousness through psychoactives...

I only tried two 5-MeOs so far: 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-DALT. Both are very good and versatile chems. 5-MeO-DALT is underappreciated IMO - it gets very interesting once vaporized, I usually combine oral + vaporized for that one.

One thing that bothers me with 5-MeO trypts is that I have a research paper that proves neurotoxicity of 5-MeO-DiPT in a similar fashion as DOI (in humans, not only rats), which might mean that 5-MeO-MiPT is also somewhat neurotoxic, so I would abstain from using it as a microdosing agent or daily fun.

I would be a very happy camper if I were to find 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-MALT...8)

I've e-liquid with 5-meo-malt 75mg / ml. I thought that the dose would be active at 5mg, in a Swedish forum it is commented that 10mg vaped correctly was too overwhelming.
How have you vaped 5-meo-malt? Could it be that the performance during vaporization / combustion has been low?

I'm very interested in this substance. I haven't tried it yet due to lack of information. I hope someone can shed more details on the dose needed to vape on an e-cig.

DocLad

I've e-liquid with 5-meo-malt 75mg / ml. I thought that the dose would be active at 5mg, in a Swedish forum it is commented that 10mg vaped correctly was too overwhelming.
How have you vaped 5-meo-malt? Could it be that the performance during vaporization / combustion has been low?

I'm very interested in this substance. I haven't tried it yet due to lack of information. I hope someone can shed more details on the dose needed to vape on an e-cig.

DocLad

I really dont know about the effectiveness of e-cig for vaping such substances... Have you tried vaping other tryptamines like that?
The best thing for vaping trypts is just a plain glass bowl and a quality torch lighter, second comes big desktop vaporizers such as VB, Volcano or similar.

Also freebasing your tryptamine might make a world of difference if deciding to vape it.

With the method that you mention easily, there could be pyrolysis during combustion, that would explain the need of some users to use 20mg of 5-meo-malt. In fact, this dose is already high for insufflation, it is assumed that smoked is 2 to 3 times more potent.

The advantage of the e-cig is the temperature control and the lack of combustion. I really do not know what temperature vaporizes 5-meo-malt oxalate or freebase.

DocLad

According to ChemSpider, the flash point of 5-MeO-MALT (presumably the freebase) is predicted to be 193.9 +/- 26.5 Celsius.