• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

Woot! You're back! <3

From your post it seems you're in a much better state of mind, good!

Now I really should give this thread some attention.

Cheers for the welcome, it's great to be back. Im generally in a much better, or clearer state of mind. And my abilty to type has also returned. =D

I know you're working with the medical services on your addiction. I just wondered if you'd ever tried (lowish dose) MXE to combat the wds, particularly the depression?

It's ace.

I know you're working with the medical services on your addiction. I just wondered if you'd ever tried (lowish dose) MXE to combat the wds, particularly the depression?

It's ace.

Im not sure if ive really 'got the hang' of mxe, or if it just isnt right for me. If it helps with depression then is that because of dopamine levels ? Cigarettes do much the same thing. I found recently that once all the nicotine was out of my system, depression fell on me like a curse. Reckon that was all to do with dopamine. Not quite ready to ride out however long the dopamine levels will take to normalise.

Im not sure if ive really 'got the hang' of mxe, or if it just isnt right for me. If it helps with depression then is that because of dopamine levels ? Cigarettes do much the same thing. I found recently that once all the nicotine was out of my system, depression fell on me like a curse. Reckon that was all to do with dopamine. Not quite ready to ride out however long the dopamine levels will take to normalise.

I don't believe MXE has a dopamine effect. NMDA antagonism and Serotonin reuptake inhibition, according to the ACMD report. Personally I think it's the NMDA antagonism that makes me happy instead of miserable. NMDA antagonists are being researched for their antidepressant properties. The good thing about NMDA antagonism is it makes you happy immediately!

Good to hear it was a great help!

Heres to being safe.

I think maybe tell your Dr about Subutex not to be taken orally, it will help others under his or her care. Obviously be very polite, you could say that it was in the written instructions and that you asked your pharmacist.

I think maybe tell your Dr about Subutex not to be taken orally, it will help others under his or her care. Obviously be very polite, you could say that it was in the written instructions and that you asked your pharmacist.

Im not very good with handling things that need a delicate touch; I made a total hash of trying to tell my GP about the opiate conversion website. Dont think she liked that atall. I had a bellyfull of poppy tea, so my judgement must have been a bit off too. She wouldnt prescribe me any drugs and i didnt take that very well, I will have to apologise to her for being rude when i next speak to her tomorrow.

can you mix poppy tea and kratom?

The chances are very high that you would puke if you did that. On their own either one comes close to triggering vomiting, combining the two would guarentee it, i would expect. Not that the vomiting from these is all that unpleasant, its just a waste of good drugs.

i find dosing even 15mg zopiclone wakin dopesic gives me the energy and go to go score n get sorted out gabapentin is ok for sleep

It's ace.

I really dislike MXE; it felt very dirty to me and actually gave me a bad headache, otherwise I just felt unpleasantly groggy and hungover. I was using h when I first tried it. Later when I went off h and was in severe withdrawals I tried it again to no avail. No relief at all. I tried ketamine (a drug I love recreationally) and that didn't help either. Maybe it wasn't enough? I IM'ed 30mg which is half of a low-medium recreational dose for me.

I think MXE does have significant dopamine effects bc it felt similar to dopamine agonists I've tried, such as bromocriotine. I really didn't notice any NMDA-antagonism, and I'm quite experienced with ketamine & nitrous as well as having experience with DXM and flurpirtine.

sounds like you had "MXE", not MXE, if you know what I mean.

if you don't know what I mean, I mean it sounds like you were mis-sold something else.

Premium Quality Knock approved MXE.

I agree though sounds like what you had was either very weak or not actually MXE.

Indeed. Quite a few sites were selling random cathinones and/or whatever they happened to have lying around unsold or had swept off the floor that morning as "MXE". I wouldn't describe actual MXE as feeling especially dopaminergic. Bit manic at insane-o-doses but short of that it's pretty mellow and definitely dissociating. Albeit nowhere near as dissociating as ket is.

I'm not really the best person to comment my experience with the stuff isn't great. In fact I shouldn't really be posting in this thread at all as I have no knowledge to share on the subject matter. All I know is that MXE definitely does do something quite drastic. You certainly know about it when in receipt of Knock assured product and should absolutely be feeling 30mg IM.

I think the 30mg figure was ketamine not MXE. If 30mg IM of ketamine is about half a medium dose for somebody then 30mg IM of MXE would rip their face off :D

I will chip in to say that MXE was an absolute godsend first time I came off tramadol. Killed more or less all w/d effects completely. Borderline miraculous.

Totally agree about MXE and Ketamine for the withdrawals of many substances!
When I was at the height of my gear use, I got a small amount of gear, had my Codeine and also a gram of Ket, and I managed to whittle down the Opiate use to naught but my prescribed Codeine dosage (sometimes a lower dose!) :)
Buuuut..... When the Ket was all gone..... I did miss it a little bit.... :sus:

Shambolism - Jeez man yeah! I can only imagine how much it helped for Tramadol WDs 8( 8( 8(

And with the word you used (chip), I'd like to say that all I needed to use was the tiniest of lines, lil' chips, when using Ket - A little goes a long, long way ;)

sounds like you had "MXE", not MXE, if you know what I mean.

if you don't know what I mean, I mean it sounds like you were mis-sold something else.

Nope, it was definitely MXE, from a very reliable source. To be fair, both times I used it, I did a very small amount, I can't remember how much, likely around a quarter dose of what most people would find recreational. I tend to be very cautious my first couple times trying a new substance. The first dose I barely felt so I took a little more and then I felt it, I recall that much. But, I'm remembering just now that the first time I did k - low dose nasally - I didn't much care for it (though it didn't feel dysphoric and dirty, just didn't impress or interest me much) and I later discovered I loved it but only at k-hole doses and only IM. So I should really try it again IM...but my active dislike for it so far puts me off it. :\

I react strangely to a bunch of things, both recreational and otherwise, and I know my dopamine system is not like normal people's. Maybe it's just not for me. I didn't like PCP, either. And it was lab grade, lab tested PCP.

Does anyone have effective home strategies to deal with WDs? I don't have access to any meds (at all) at the moment and am really starting to get to the shit part so any ideas would be very, very much appreciated :\

Hibernate in a warm bubble bath for as long as physically possible. Try keep yourself occupied as possible so you don't focus on how shit you feel, the mind makes you feel worse when your thinking about it and moping.

Yeah I spent about 4 hours in the bath earlier :\ I feel like such an idiot, I've literally got 5 quid to get me through the next week or so, that's not even enough to buy codeine...and I need to sit an exam on tuesday. Awesome timing. I guess I'll just spend the next 2 days in the bathtub and hope it makes a difference. Cheers.

Hi all.

It's been two days since I last dosed my daily 1g dihydrocodeine (morning dose) and 100mg morphine top-up afternoon dose.

I am feeling the usual boring pain and discomfort. however, I looked in my old box from my rave days and found quite a few diazepam left (i got them on perscription at the time, of course) - so, question:

if i take some diazepam and then maybe 250mg dihydrocodeine (a quarter of my initial morning dose) over the next 3 or 4 days - could i be pretty much free from my withdrawal?

I'm not a pussy and I can handle it, but it's so boring and I want to take the edge off. main question is whether taking the very small amount of DHC (which wont give me a high I would salivate over at all, it'd just ease physical pain) - is that going to fuck with my witghdrawal? or would it just take the edge off and alllow the withdrawals to pass as they would within the next 4 days or so?

Cheers and be safe x