• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

Just do what works for you, I got myself down to 2mg, then would take that dose for 2 days and reduce by 0.2mg.

Repeat.

Sure I could've dragged it out for twice as long and maybe not suffered from as many cramps or whatever, but if you really want off the shit, getting off from 2mg needn't be such a commitment time wise.

I was completely wiped out after non stop tapering down from 8mg over the course of a few months, first trying to jump off at quartered 2mg pills when i eventually got to that stage. Looking back now I believe that I became very run down during the whole process and had nothing left in the tank at the end. So that first quit attempt failed for me, i only lasted a few days. What helped me enormously was getting back on a low dose, i cant recall now, might have been 1 or 2mg for a couple of weeks, fully 'recharging my batteries', taking extra care of myself by eating and sleeping as well as possible, and last but not least acquiring some 0.2 pills. It was so much easier after all that on the 2nd attempt and the miniscule reductions that the 0.2s allowed. On my first attempt i found it sheer fucking murder once i got below 2mg, and then having to quarter the pills.

Having said all that I do appear to be one of the biggest wimps on here when it comes to w/ds at least. It's just something I struggle with badly. In other 'pain scenarios' hospital staff have complimented me on my lack of making a fuss and not being a wimp about physical pain and injuries, though that is probably something they tell every single patient to help boost their morale a bit. :\ I haven't even had any really bad physical symptoms like severe stomach cramps etc and other severe pain from never having had to quit a very heavy addiction to the strongest of opis. Really my w/ds have physically been virtually indistiguishable from the common Flu virus, but the psychological element of the sudden emptyness and days that seem to last for ever is perhaps just the same no matter what opi habit you are quitting, and the adjustment period can perhaps be just as difficult. I dare say mentioning any PAWS and I'd be laughed out of the house but it is still definately there for several weeks.

Ive already quit kratom several times, lasted a month at longest iirc, then i had a burn injury which required 4 nights in hospital. I was SO bored and depressed that i got back on the kratom, realised then just how fast it made time fly, and then realised that along with the mood lift it provided it could potentially help massively with the long tedious days at work, so long as i kept my dose low enough so that i wasnt obviously intoxicated so that no one would ever suspected anything, which they never did. And I've carried on using it well beyond the point where it delivers noticeable beneficial effects without consuming insane amounts. I was reading the Kratom thread in Other Drugs and one guy was taking 22g per dose several times a day to feel anything. Thank God i drew the limit at 10g per dose, although even that is bad enough. Most sensible people only consume it occasionally at doses of 1-2g per dose. And they get all the effects they are looking for off that.:eek:

Last edited:
Opiate withdrawal is gonna be a ballache no matter what the DOC, some worse than others for sure. But yep totally agree, when you've got those 0.4mg /0.2mg pills it becomes so much easier to taper down.

Not a bad idea to stabilise on 2mg for a week or two like you said if you're starting on a higher sub dose. When I'd switch over from H I'd always try and take as little sub as possible to hold me for that reason. I found 4-6mg could hold me pretty well initially then would drop to 2mg as my goal before I was ready to start tapering.

Was scripted about 5x100ml oramorph after my last surgery and they didnt think a taper necessary.....just finished last bottle. Not back to work until monday so should be fun. If im off sick again....im sacked so just suck it up a suppose.

I hope it doesnt come to that, but if the worst does happen atleast you will have completely legitimate and non-dodgy reasons for your absences. This should make getting another job much easier, if it does come to that. Especially if you've now got all your surgeries out of the way, and have kept evidence of all appointments etc, plus your methadone w/d is ancient history by now, how are you feeling by now btw regarding that?

With your skill set, I bet you'll be snapped up first job you go for, if you do find yourself sacked from your present job.

I wont bank on that mate. I just wont be off sick however bad i feel......i have immence willpower when it comes to something this important.

Edit....feel ok but thats prob the oramorph.

.....i have immence willpower when it comes to something this important.

How i wish i had more, so much more of that. Im sort of not too bad before i take anything, but once a binge has gone beyond a certain point all sense and rationality tends to evaporate, i dont care about anything by that point. This has cost me dearly on a few occasions by now. It does depend what i am binging on, so hopefully just avoiding the worst culprits will help prevent any more repeats of this disasterous self destructive behaviour.

As I am sure, most if you have read something about Loperamide helping to alleviate the fucking HORRIBLE DTs of opiate withdrawal symptoms. Loperamide for those of you don't know is the main active ingredient in the OTC Anti-Diarrheal medicine Imodium.
I've read on numerous forums and done research before I just went out and decided to down a bunch of these things. A little bit of backstory before I go in a describe what it's been like this last day. Starting of it was dope I was coming off of. Shooting roughly a half a gram a day... Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on my financial situation at the time. ( we've all been there) Anyway, I've read about people taking upwards to 100mg of this stuff the first time doing it. Im
not that brave so taking into account that I am a very petite 30 yo woman, like 5ft tall. So, getting down to it... Lastnight at around 6:30 pm... ( I live in the United States) I now realize that I'm posting this in a European forum but I'm new to this thing so I don't know how to quite navigate, forgive me :) Anyway, I went and picked up a bottle of the generic brand loperamide, 72 count, 2mg little green pills. Oh and by the way yesterday I was in day 3 of detox. I am currently on no other medications. So anyway, I decided to take 20. Equaling out to 40mg for those of you bad at math ;) I read that it only would take 15-20 mins for it to work. Being that we are all addicts and we love instant gratification I was pissed off when I didn't feel anything within at that time frame. I'd say about 7:00pm I decided to take another ten which brought me to 60mgs. At this time I also decided to take a hot bath. After the bath I went to lay down and watch some tv and noticed my palms weren't sweating, my nose wasn't runny, although I was still yawning because my lack of sleep the past few days, my eyes weren't watering either. Now, I didn't feel high at all, some people might not agree with that saying you can get super high on this stuff. Maybe on mega doses....who knows. Anyway, I found myself able to lay down in one position for awhile without having to move my goddamn legs every 2 seconds. I eventually fell asleep around 9:30pm. I woke up at just past 7am this morning. My sleep was not disturbed one bit! Ahhh finally! Anyways I feel very relaxed this morning. Although when getting up and moving around I do feel a bit nauseous. This could be in part to my very sensitive tummy. Oh! I forgot to mention that I had stabbing lower back pain as well which was also contributing to my poor sleep. Even that was significantly better. I heard to take this stuff every other day because the half life lasts a looooong time. But I just might pop another 60mg if I feel it starting to wear off... We will tell in due time I guess ;) FYI you might want to drink plenty of fluids too so you don't get dehydrated..remember, even on taking the recommended dose you have a chance of getting dehydrated lol so take that into account lol. My mouth got/and still is dry. Let me just say this before I head out of here. I don't want to hear any BS, like people calling me stupid for doing this. Everyone has their opinion, but keep yours to yourself if you decide to be negative ;) That being said, I could add a lot more to this but I'm sure it's long as fuck already. Any questions?? Feel free to ask!

**UPDATE**
Felt fine all throughout the afternoon:) took another 60mgs of Loperamide at 6:00pm. It is now 8:15pm. I'm feeling very tired but my body is relaxed. No DTs. I can however hear my stomach churning and I'm experiencing some heartburn :( other than that feeling pretty good. Crossing my fingers for another restful night!
**UPDATE**
It's now close to midnight and the only reason I'm updating again tonight is because last night when I took it I fell asleep like 3 hours after I took the 60mg. I now have been awake for 6 hours after taking the 60mg tonight and I literally feel like I took a handful of Vicodin, pretty unexpected but cool nonetheless! Goodnight

Last edited:
How many days have you been taking the Lope now? I mean, have you determined whether it just has a very slow onset or if you really needed to take pretty big doses to relieve your symptoms?

Are you planning to taper down and reduce the Lope pretty quickly, or intending to maintain on it for a while?

I dunno if it's worse than any other Opi for causing constipation but it does worry me reading people posting about taking huge doses like 200mg or something. I hope you have plenty of magnesium on hand for the consipation, but i guess if you only use the Lope for a short a time as possible, once you get your first 'movement' out, in theory your digestion should gradually and naturally adjust as you reduce the Lope, and your body gets used to being less pumped with Opis.

Took it at 6:30 pm lastnight and it's 10:52 am the next day. I personally think for me at least it comes on slowly. But at the same time I think it was the safe amount to take the first time because of this. You need to take high doses if this stuff in order for it to help with DTs. And by high doses I mean like 40+ Mgs. I don't plan on being on this stuff for any loner then then I have to. I can't stress this enough, TAPER DOWN FOR SURE. Do not make this a long term thing. Unless of course for a few days in between using when your experiencing DTs. Long term usage if this stuff causes major heart complications. It's only been a day so I'm not too worried about not having a bowel movement. I'll make sure to post updates if people are interested on my experience with this stuff ;)

All user experinces will be of interest to someone, somewhere, at some time. I have a far lesser Kratom habit to quit, and will posiibly be using low doses of Lope to help settle my stomach at the least, I should not need to take very much atall, as the physical WDs from my habit will be relatively extremely mild and managable.

Last edited:
Yes I heard about kratom too but they don't sell it in the US, pretty sure anyway.

Not sure where you heard that, as best as I can tell from wikipedia it's available legally in most states. It definitely seems most of the people talking about it in Other Drugs are from the US.

Im gonna try a very quick lope tape to get me offthis oramorph. BTW its mega cheap in the US compared to the UK.......80p for 6 in wilcos Was the cheapest Ive EVER seen in here(usually 4 quid for 6 for the brand name) but £5.98 for 200 from eBay and even less if u buy more. It would be undoable if you didnt buy them online if u live in the uk.

The ingredients are just the same; 100% Lope, whether you buy a "premium brand" or a bargain basement 80 pence job.

The ingredients are just the same; 100% Lope, whether you buy a "premium brand" or a bargain basement 80 pence job.

Yeah i know its the same thing but point being that even at 80p for 6 a taper would still be unmanageable.....

Agreed, if you are talking about using them to help taper off the size of the methadone dose that you were prescribed. That would end up being very expensive and completely impractical all round, with far better options available. However, i think for anyone on "lesser opiates" (less potent) or much lower doses i think they could help. Iirc I've only ever really used them in low doses as prescribed and intended to prevent the inevitable trotskys that accompany quitting any opi. I may have boshed an extra 2-4 on top of the recommended dose, i cannot recall, in attempting to help relieve some of the other w/d symptoms. It may have been placebo affect but i seem to remember that did they did help slightly with that.

Even if used exclusively for their intended purpose i think they are absolutely invaluable, the first time i quit opis i didn't even know about the trots, and having to run to the toilet every 5 minutes all day, and night, and having explosive outbursts every time obviously made things far worse than they need have been, i know i don't need to tell you this and about the resulting dehydration and depletion of electrolytes, blood sugars and salts making you feel far worse than you ever needed to (but someone else reading this may not know). Imo they are worth their weight in gold just for the healing effects on the intestines, but if anyone is considering using them as an opiate replacement for a large dose of a strong opiate i can see them being completely impractical; with even the own-brand options being way too expensive and possibly also completely innefective in that kind of scenario. But for lesser doses of lesser opis i can see them helping quite significantly. I will probably be testing this theory out for myself at some point over the next couple of weeks.

Sorry if my post is wooly headed, rambly and repetetive, i am currently quite wasted. :eek:

Last edited:
Yes fortunately I do. I've noticed Gabas like G help so much that you can forget your symptoms entirely for a while. (Though inevitably you feel even worse than before when it wears off).

I also have the usual basic flu relief sachets etc which also help a great deal. I may also get some Bacoflen, but that will probably be of more use for quitting benzos, which I'll be tackling in Phase 2. I'll soon have a bathroom cabinet stocked with enough remedies to start my own pharmacy. :D

Last edited: