Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 2C-EF Thread

trogere

Bluelighter
4-(2-Fluoroethyl)-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine

pk370.png

Report: "2C-EF - First Time - Another Wonderful Drug Experience"
Report: "(2C - EF/10 mg) New experience: It's a wonderful night"

PIHKAL said:
And I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts, that if one were to make the two-carbon analog 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-fluoroethyl)-phenethylamine, it would be every bit as much a treasure and ally as is 2C-B or 2C-I. In fact, I am sure enough about this prediction that I am willing to name the stuff 2C-EF. It will be easily made from 2C-B by the same reaction scheme that was used above for DOEF. And I will even guess that its activity level will be in the 20-30 milligram area.

[original post:]

Or 2C-EF.
http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/explore.php?domain=pk&id=370

Anybody ever heard about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shulgin briefly mentions it in PIHKAL, under the Qualitative Comments section of the DOEF entry http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal065.shtml

"And I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts, that if one were to make the two-carbon analog 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(2-fluoroethyl)-phenethylamine, it would be every bit as much a treasure and ally as is 2C-B or 2C-I. In fact, I am sure enough about this prediction that I am willing to name the stuff 2C-EF. It will be easily made from 2C-B by the same reaction scheme that was used above for DOEF. And I will even guess that its activity level will be in the 20-30 milligram area. "

keep in mind, though, that the 20-30mg part is just a guess, and it would be more responsible to start lower than that.

Made official, though I fear that this thread will not soon be filled with juicy info and experience tales. In any case, I put two links to reports from fellow BLers in the OP so that it may be easy to find for future reference.

Sasha's crystal ball and those two reports make this compound sound like a real winner!

just peeked at those two experience reports. i suspect that when Shulgin said that this stuff would be active between 20mg-30mg he was guessing that it would be of similar potency to 2C-I or 2C-B.

turns out the stuff is more potent than that. it has similar potency to another structurally similar compound, 2C-T-21. B9 and fastandbulbous say in those trip reports that the appropriate dosage range for this stuff is more like 6mg-12mg.

I remember seeing 25EF-NBOMe on a poster a while back and it took me a while to track it down to the NRM2012 meeting in Baltimore (poster abstract here, P079). Apparently 25EF-NBOMe is rapidly defluorinated in vivo (well, in pigs anyway) so what you probably get is just a fancy prodrug for 25E-NBOMe.

But whether the same happens to 2C-EF, I don't know

I remember seeing 25EF-NBOMe on a poster a while back and it took me a while to track it down to the NRM2012 meeting in Baltimore (poster abstract here, P079). Apparently 25EF-NBOMe is rapidly defluorinated in vivo (well, in pigs anyway) so what you probably get is just a fancy prodrug for 25E-NBOMe.

Can you quote the page because I don't have access?

Since the dosage is apparently in the 6-12 mg range I would think not.

Despite allegations that men are pigs, lets not forget that pigs are not men. The apparent fact that 25EF-NBOMe apparently rapidly defluoridates does not mean that it would do so in humans.

Also, 2CH-4-ethanol and 2CH-4-acetic acid seem much more likely results of such a defluoridation than 2C-E. Hydrodefluoridation would be a remarkable thing for a liver to do, they generally oxidize, such as to 2CH-4-acetyl fluoride which then hydrolyzes to form 2CH-4-acetic acid

Actually pulling the fluorine off a carbon is far less likely than attacking its C-H bonds, making the C-F bond a lot less stable.

R-CH2-F --> R-CH3 would be a feat even for Lithium Aluminium Hydride, I really dont see that kind of hardcore chemistry happening rapidly in a liver.

I must have said more than I should have before, since my post is gone? Sorry about that, mods! I'll be more careful in the future.

Anyway, I am definitely interested in a 2C-X(x) drug that isn't scheduled yet. Especially one that sounds so promising!

Should one expect 2C-EF to be similar to other 2C-X compounds in terms of effects and safety profile?

That is to say, will it be more similar to 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-C, 2C-B in those regards than the DOX and nbome compounds? I've always stayed away from the DOX compounds due to their notoriously long-lived and stimy nature, and likewise for nbome compounds for their potency, newness, and questionable safety profile.

Yes, the difference is IMO much more subtle between say 2C-EF and 2C-E than between 25E-NBOMe and 2C-E. The NBOMe group changes things pretty radically and there are all kinds of properties that seem to be changed significantly.
The difference between 2C-E and 2C-EF is only a fluorine atom that wouldn't just fall off. Neither is the EF group sitting on an N-terminus or something like that, making it easy for something like fluoroacetate to form as a metabolite, which would be unwanted but even then we are talking about small quantities. Theoretically I don't see any immediate danger, but there are more skilled chemists in ADD than I... and the fact remains that 2C-EF is largely unstudied. I think it says something that F&B tried it.

I've sworn off NBOMe compounds and while I haven't sworn off DOX compounds (I have tried DOB years ago) the rest of them are pretty low on my list to try even though I have them. I'm just not interested in complications on something like a DOX or DOB-Dragonfly. But I'd try 2C-EF. Same for 2C-B-Fly in many ways.

Thanks for the insight Solipsis. Nice to have my understanding on this confirmed.

Strange as it is, I had this dream about a year ago. I found myself tripping in the dream, and I remember I was tripping on something called "2C-EF". At the time, I had no idea a chemical with that name even existed. Now just recently I may have the chance to acquire it. Seems like a good enough reason as any to try a new psychedelic.

B9 & fastandbulbous say in those trip reports that the appropriate dosage range for this stuff is more like 6mg-12mg.

F&B may think that, I think differently. For a full on experience I'd begin at 15 & work up as you get a feel for the material.

How is everybody ?

Last edited:
Me three ;) But let's be realistic, large scale synth can fail. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Realistic yet optimistic. I'd rather not impart any shred of negativity or skepticism into the whole process, even though I have nothing to do with it, what with quantum entanglement and what have you ;)