• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diluting Xanax in ALcohol

pogan

Greenlighter
Hello, I'm new here although Ive been reading post off of this site for a long time and i have learned countless amounts of information. =D
Now anyways, I read this process somewhere on the internet a while ago and i just happened to try it out last nigh and quite frankly, I have never felt the effects of .25mg of Xanax (alprozolam) like i did yesterday. ( My usually does is 2mgs and up)

SO anyway, this is what I did ;
1) crushed up the generic xanax .25mg pill
2) threw the powder of crushed up xanax into a little measuring cup (like from a bottle of nyquil)
3) I poured in about 5ml-10 ml of 97% proof rubbing alcohol
4) mixed it up for about 10 minutes, then added some sprite so it wont burn my mouth when I take it sublingually
5) took the mixture and used it sublingually
6) after keeping under my tongue for about 2 minutes ( it burns like hell before than stops) and then i swallowed the rest

Now anyways, I was wondering if any of you have tried this and felt a noticeable increase of potentation, or am i just having some sort of placebo. Because let me tell you, I got fucked up in a matter of 15minutes as if I would of injested 2mg++ of Xanax.
Thank you for your time and your two cents. 8(

Alprazolam is soluble in ethanol. The only established method of significantly altering kinetics of benzodiazepines is through different ROA's. What you experienced may have possibly been a faster onset, or the added effect of 10 ml of ethanol which is about a quarter shot of vodka.

Do not ingest isopropyl alcohol.

Last edited:
he didn't have any vodka around maaaan!

:sus:

What you probably experienced was the quick onset of the benzo coupled with the alcohol. Sublingual use is my favourite ROA as it cuts out the comeup time for benzos considerably.

Rubbing alcohol and Xanax...really not a good idea. Don't do it again. :(

xanax tablets are diluted enough... I assume you mean dissolving in alcohol.

Entirely possible.

Isopropyl however, is a no-no.

I wouldnt drink more than a few mililiters. Actually i wouldnt drink that, i'm nearly shitting myself as is.

Uh yeah, let's please not condone the ingestion of isopropyl alcohol.

rubbing alcohol is good for disinfecting and a few other things but not for ingestion. when i was a 30-40 shots per day alcoholic several years back, i would rub some on my skin at night to help with morning hangovers (if i didn't have liquor or money for it for the next morning) to combat hangover and withdrawal. man, oh man. i was a horrible drunk.

There are impurities in isopropanol you would buy at a store; unless you have medical grade isopropanol without such impurities, you will be doing damage to your body by ingesting it.

Uh yeah, let's please not condone the ingestion of isopropyl alcohol.

While I'm not condoning it, I don't believe any harm will come about from a single time consumption of only a couple mLs of isopropyl alcohol.

Omg guys it was a few fucken drops of the rubbing alcohol!@@@
andbesides that i added some sprite before putting the mixture under my tongue?

And can someone answer my question: Can taking the Xanax like this potentate the effects ( disregarding that i may of felt a buzz from the alcohol, which i didn't) ?? :?

BLEUGH! Isopropanol? Really man? 10ml? I mean, I've used A DROP to dry the area under my tongue before SLing something (I think it was a suboxone, I had issues with those making me sick and all from swallowing all the spit) ONE TIME, and that was enough to keep me from doing so. At least it wasn't methanol lmao...

Lmao this is off topic, but reminds me of a friend who fucked a hooker who he knew was dirty. Worried he caught an STD, he proceeded to stick his dick in a bottle of ISO alcohol and squeeze hisjunk so the ISO would get in his urethra in an attempt to kill off the STD. Omfg hahaha he said he couldn't pee for a week and when he did it burned like hell. He never did catch anything though hahaha

Moral of the story, don't ingest ISO alcohol in any way. Go for propylene glycol or get a scale or just eat the pill...

Hahahaha sorry, back to the post....

Fucking hell that is horrific laCster!

at how many ml is Isopropanol dangerous?

Omg guys it was a few fucken drops of the rubbing alcohol!@@@
andbesides that i added some sprite before putting the mixture under my tongue?

And can someone answer my question: Can taking the Xanax like this potentate the effects ( disregarding that i may of felt a buzz from the alcohol, which i didn't) ?? :?

Pretty sure xanax has a high oral bio availability so no, you felt it because of the alcohol and since it was crushed it probably hit you faster.

Maybe you should just buy a bottle of everclear and keep that around for this sort of thing :p

As for HR benzos + alcohol are dangerous together.