• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

You Might Be A Junkie If... v. Oops, I nodded with the needle still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- You feel not right and are in doubt wether that means you are ill or you may have a physical withdrawal of some substance.

Its not legal in all states. Some states still have prescription only syringes. Not everyone has internet access. Some of us are just impatient. The people that use irresponsibly are the majority and "we" are the minority. Its like all the posts you see of people heating pills to IV or not using microns. Or people trying to IV benzos etc. In a lot of states they'll still charge you with drug paraphernalia which is generally class A misdemeanor if you have syringes and no injectable prescription.

It wasn't really like it was THAT long ago that you couldn't buy OTC syringes....where I'm from, it was 01-02 I think...Even then, it took the pharmacies a while to start actually giving them to you....Mine was one the earlier states too....

And it was a felony count for each syringe you had!

Illinois and Missouri still charge people with class A misdemeanors for possession of loose syringes with no injectable prescription. Also in Missouri you can't buy a pack of 10 syringes without a script, only a box of 100 which is more than a single bag in $. Also exchanges aren't legal in Missouri.

Might be a junkie if you chuckle in your logic class when working out a proof and the conclusion to an argument is "H&C"

Just so you know i am from a very small town in Alabama where there are no needle exchanges. I wasnt trying to make any excuses i was just explaining how it is for me personally when im out there which is what i thought this whole site was about. I havent been on here in a couple of years and honestly i am hesitant to even post anything anymore bc some of yall came down on me so hard.

Just so you know i am from a very small town in Alabama where there are no needle exchanges. I wasnt trying to make any excuses i was just explaining how it is for me personally when im out there which is what i thought this whole site was about. I havent been on here in a couple of years and honestly i am hesitant to even post anything anymore bc some of yall came down on me so hard.

I feel mildly sick saying it, but I've done similar things.
I lived in a city where each and every major and minor pharmacy that I checked(and I checked a lot) had policies against selling rigs to anyone without a script.
The needle exchanges in that and the other couple of close by cities constantly, constantly changed their hours, moved about in a unmarked dark blue van, and if you could find them, you were almost guaranteed a stop and visit from one of the 3-5 patrol cars that made a circuit around the exchange van.
Their thinking seemed to be that if you were making that level of effort to come get rigs, you very well might have brought your dope, too. Stupid, but it happened.
I was reduced to checking in with 2-3 bodega's that would randomly sell you a wrapped single if you asked in Spanish. Sometimes they'd sell you one, sometimes they'd angrily tell you to get out.
Everything was geared towards preventing people from getting new rigs. On more than one occasion I witnessed people actually go up and purchase a unwrapped rig from one of the corner guys who was amongst the regular pushers. These guys would have a pocketful of sometimes sealed, sometimes not, rigs and people would fucking buy them.

I would eventually track down the exchange van. But, then their policy was one dirty for one clean. So, if I'd been short of freshies for 2 weeks, I'd only have 3-6 to exchange. It was a absolute nightmare.
So, the advice to just go down and purchase a ten pack doesn't always apply. The advice to hit up the needle exchange does not always apply.
So..... I feel yer pain, CG1980. I have used rigs that the numbers had worn off. I have used rigs that were dull as fuck. I knew how dangerous it was.
Sometimes, in that situation there, when I was already sick as fuck, had just went through the daily tedium of gathering enough cash to get what I needed, and then got it, I didn't feel quite up to driving around the city, trying 10 different pharmacies and bodega's, already knowing that it would be a wasted hour or 2 and I'd still end up using that fucked point that was in my kit.
Not trying to start anything or derail shit. I just know how bad it can be.

^yeah, that's real talk there for sure. sucks you'd find yourself in that situation so often. i live in a place where syringes are freely available and i've only ever gone through the whole using an amount of rigs till they're blunt a couple of times in the depths of addiction with a stronghold on me.

^Luckily it's past tense for myself. I'm outta that city and on the increasingly rare occasion I pick back up, I'm prepped.
But yeah, that shit was happening during my lowest of lows and that city made you say fuck it.
What a backwards, anti-HP way to do shit. "We know how to stop the rampant dope use in town. Lets take away their rigs!" So, so backwards. A junkie will always find a way.

You start trying to get clean, go to AA meetings, basically get over a mild case of dopesickness like 8 or 9 days after your last dose of sub, then you take some sub and say to yourself "well fuck it, if im going to relapse i might as well go hard" so you do more sub and throw some etizolam on top. and if there was any dope around, you know you would have been all over it. nod tonight, hate yourself tomorrow.

When you're pleased about being 5 days clean from opiates and so celebrate your sobriety... with a large dose of opium.
Fuck.

I know this thread is jst a tad old...i think...as i havent read to the end, but i had to reply to the "Orange Crush" discussion (not to get too off topic) i live here in Delaware, yes, Delaware, lol...on the eastern shore and orange crush is still sold, it`s a pepsi product as well as a VERY POPULAR alcoholic drink at ALL the bars in OC, yes. Ocean City, Maryland...if thats not tempting in itself!

We have a Quote button on every single post box on the bottom right hand corner. You will find it right above this text right here ^

(Btw, Orange Crush is still sold in California as well)

I know this thread is jst a tad old...i think...as i havent read to the end, but i had to reply to the "Orange Crush" discussion (not to get too off topic) i live here in Delaware, yes, Delaware, lol...on the eastern shore and orange crush is still sold, it`s a pepsi product as well as a VERY POPULAR alcoholic drink at ALL the bars in OC, yes. Ocean City, Maryland...if thats not tempting in itself!

yeah orange crushes are definetly in ocean city. oh and delaware sucks, its all hicks and assholes that like to burn you

If you spend your rent money to get more dope. Get kicked out and have to live in a giant mess of a house, place was a fucking wreck, but it was free living. I turned my addiction into alcoholism instead of being a coke head.

Update: I didn't do it yesterday! I had the money ready and was just about to head out of the door when I thought "Fuck it, no" so I'm now six days clean. Some lingering acute WD still remaining (opiums ridiculous half-life is a bitch) so now I just have to handle PAWS. Fuck.

Man, I know what it's like to use 'Ol' Faithful'
Damn.. it sucks living in a state where its illegal to buy syringes without a script.
Not only that, but you have to buy them in the city where the cops hang out at.. & the bums like to overprice the works.
One time I paid $5 for two rigs. Crazy, I know, but my boy & I were desperate and just wanted to get the fuck out of the city.
I can't believe I still have huge veins after subjecting them to dull needles everyday, multiple times a day.
I can still hit on 1st-2nd try. & my veins show no signs of collapsing. But, I really do have some huge fuckin' veins.
I'm just glad I don't have to use ol faithful anymore. Got plenty of rigs.

Btw - @ The guy in CT who has to track down a van for works..
We have the same fuckin' thing in NJ.. however, I haven't seen that van in months.. maybe a year.. So I'm not sure if they set up shop somewheres or if it's totally out of commission.. :\

^It really fucking sucks, doesn't it?
That post was from months ago but I wanted to slap someone at the time.
Reading all these posters tell the new female poster to basically just go down the street and get new rigs.
It ain't so fucking simple for some of us. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you guys' van got funding cut and will stay disappeared for a bit.
Some of these cities with harm increasing agendas are known to hit exchange programs where it hurts.
"We have too many junkies!" "Let's take away their needles! That'll fix 'em." Cuts funding.....
I feel you on overpaying for singles. I've been desperate and gave $10 to a corner guy for 3 sealed ones.
The fuckin things we're made to do....
I've also bent back a needle straight and had it subsequently break off under my skin. It was during a power outage. Remember that crazy storm we had in October a couple years back?
I was shooting by candlelight in a friends basement. There was no power, no way to even get gas for my car, let alone new rigs.
I had at least re-upped for a bunch, cause I figured my people would be snowed in for a bit.
Anyhow, yeah. I was trying to hit, couldn't see shit, digging around with a waaay overused rig and it snapped.
I panicked and started digging with my knife and tweezers, trying to find it. Could not get it.
I gave up, used a different rig, got real fucking high, lied under a pile of blankets and cried briefly before I went to sleep.
It's still in my arm. Before anyone accuses me of being nuts and tells me it's gonna get in my blood stream.....
I went and saw a relative that's a ER doctor. He said it would be more trouble removing it at that point(couple days after it happened) then it was worth. Said to just watch it.
I can feel it sometimes but it doesn't bug me.
I chip occasionally but am otherwise clean. So, I've got a stash of freshies. And I'm out of that particular shithole.
But I will not forget those trials and tribulations. Just to try and keep my body/veins safe.
Good luck finding rigs. I feel yer pain.

LSDMDMA&11474496 said:
if everytime your dealer calls you and needs a ride you're like
YEAH PAPI I'LL BE RIGHT OVER DONT WORRY I GOT YOU
and you're happy as shit to ferry him around the city to a bunch of stores/to see his people just to get ONE bag that aint even gonna do anything to you

Oh god, lol! i've done this tooooo many times.

<3

You pawn all yer shit away

Only to buy half of it back

An repawn it a week later for more dope money :!

IF YOU CANT KEEP MONEY IN YOUR FUCKING POCKET LONGER THAN THE DRIVE FROM WORK TO YOUR DEALERS!!!!

Fuck me man.

Status
Not open for further replies.