• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

You Might Be A Junkie If... v. Oops, I nodded with the needle still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You recognize the "clink" of a cooker a half block away. You recognize the sound of someone putting a spoon down on a hard surface in a bathroom (rookie mistake). You still cough when you light your lighter in a bathroom just out of reflex. You silently berate phlebotomists as they look for your veins cuz you know you can do better.

You drive to go get H with just enough money to cop, knowing there's NO WAY you'll have enough money to get home!

Your car actually shuts down down two blocks before the one you're gonna meet your dealer on to get dope!

You walk to the sopt where you're supposed to meet your dealer, pacing back and forth on the same street like an idiot....

After you cop, you walk back to your car, which happens to be on one of the hottest streets in the area and you go into the back seat and almost lie down across the back seat to shoot your dope so that the police don't see you.....

After you get off, you call one of your "normal" friends and tell them you ran out of gas on the way to drop someone off that you work with and that your car ran out of gas....they come to help you and you put 2 1/2 gallons of gas from one of those red gas cans so you can get home....

If you don't even bother trying to hide track marks anymore (it's warm out, I'm wearing short sleeves dammit!). I don't use often enough for them to be that noticeable, and I just get a light yellow bruise on my arm that I doubt anyone thinks is from shooting dope anyway, so there's no way that I am going to sacrifice comfort on the off chance that someone that I actually care about notices them.

I've never hidden my track marks either. Now that I'm on MMT I rarely use anyway but even before it wasn't much of an issue. Only someone who knows what to look for is going to notice unless you're a hardcore junkie with fucked up scars and tracks. I regularly have burns on my arms from work , I ride horses and own cats, plus I'm just naturally tan with or without sun exposure (I blame my family in Brazil). But the end result is it all blends in, never had anyone notice except my dad. Who knows what to look for. Anyway, point is I think people place too much stock in others' powers of observation. The average person isn't going to assume a small bruise or mark on your arm is from IVing heroin.

If you keep throwing up but you still do more dope when your friend offers you free bags (was so fucked up today... still am and didn't eat... so I was throwing up straight liquid).

You keep nodding out at your friend's mom and brothe's house but blame it on being tired and your ear infection is bothering you. You also keep having to run to the bathroom and blame it on having bad acid reflux. "Shouldn't of drank that lemonade!" Rofl.

You have multiple ten, twenty dollar withdrawals in one day. I swear I was only get a couple of bags....

Ok so I know this is disgusting but for me its the truth u might b a junkie if all the numbers are wore off your rig and the actual needle is so dull and crooked u can barely get it to even break the skin ... That's how I know I'm a junkie (haven't touched a rig in 4 months now which to me is a miracle )

^ You can be 10 syringes for $2.99 there is no excuse for that.. a you could have avoided a lot of damage to your veins/body.
You can be a drug addict and still take care of yourself and minimize the harm to your body.

$3 is still possible money towards your next fix.
might be a junkie if "ol faithful" (rig with worn out numbers) has been sharpened repeatedly with a match book and lost about 1/8" in needle length due to sharpening (those were some baaaad days).

Onetime fee of $3... you can then exchange syringes at a needle exchange..
There's no excuse... $3 is nothing, you could ask someone off the street or recycle bottles or look for change.
If you don't have $3 then you don't have even close to enough for your next fix

Some people don't have ease of access of an exchange. Others do it out of desperation. What if you're down to your last clean rig and that bitch clogs? Fuck if I'm going to the exchange/pharmacy to get new rigs. Ill use an old one and go fishing (never had an issue personally). Its what makes us addicts, doing irrational things when there's an obviously safer solution. I myself have an exchange 4 miles or so from my house and still reused needles 2-4 times just out of laziness. Never had any complications and wont have any. And at my exchange you don't gotta turn in any needles, its unlimited free handouts yet I still junkies reusing needles.

Doesn't make it okay or in any way justifiable, sorry.

I also IV but just because I'm an addict doesn't mean I'm going to use it as an excuse to not take care of myself and minimize the risks. And yes, I've been down to my last rig and had it get clogged or even had it break. So I got my sick ass up and went out and bought some more rigs. Oh and I've been throwing up and just sick as hell because I couldn't score and still went to work and worked an 8 hour day too.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, especially on this thread. But I think it's ridiculous when people think they have to be a stereotype. And use it as an excuse to fail or give up.

$3 is still possible money towards your next fix.
might be a junkie if "ol faithful" (rig with worn out numbers) has been sharpened repeatedly with a match book and lost about 1/8" in needle length due to sharpening (those were some baaaad days).

Hah...Yeah, a lot of you guys weren't around in the days when syringes were a felony....

^ my dad was an IV addict in those days, I've heard the stories even if I haven't lived through it.

BlueHues that supports my point even more... nowadays it's legal to have rigs and you can buy them for pennies online or from a pharmacy. So there is just NO excuse not to IV responsibly.

if everytime your dealer calls you and needs a ride you're like
YEAH PAPI I'LL BE RIGHT OVER DONT WORRY I GOT YOU
and you're happy as shit to ferry him around the city to a bunch of stores/to see his people just to get ONE bag that aint even gonna do anything to you

^ my dad was an IV addict in those days, I've heard the stories even if I haven't lived through it.

BlueHues that supports my point even more... nowadays it's legal to have rigs and you can buy them for pennies online or from a pharmacy. So there is just NO excuse not to IV responsibly.
Its not legal in all states. Some states still have prescription only syringes. Not everyone has internet access. Some of us are just impatient. The people that use irresponsibly are the majority and "we" are the minority. Its like all the posts you see of people heating pills to IV or not using microns. Or people trying to IV benzos etc. In a lot of states they'll still charge you with drug paraphernalia which is generally class A misdemeanor if you have syringes and no injectable prescription.

^ Good point, but for those that live in California though (not saying you do), you should spend the 33 cents per shot from a 10pack to have a fresh needle every time you inject.

I've never IV/IM'd, but I use a fresh 3cc Terumo syringe to make each suboxone/DI-water solution in ampoules, and I try to use a fresh .5-1mL insulin or tuberculin syringe when ] time I use them to either squirt a small temgesic-dose of the solution into my mouth or I break off the needle of a brand-new insulin syringe so I can effectively insufflate the bupe solution when I lay down.

I'm glad I've never IV'ed... or used heroin, cocaine, meth, Ketamine, or OC/opanas/dilaudids... damn... I have Bluelight and Erowid to thank for that, though. :)

You might be a junkie if... you find yourself eating little bits of paper, thinking there is a very, very small chance it is lost Suboxone from a long while ago.

You think of something funny for this thread, open it up, read the new posts before making yours, come across something that triggers a fucked up memory, get all depressed and then don't even bother posting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.