Bluelight

Thread: Amph. Synthesis: aluminium foil?

1. Collapse Details
    Amph. Synthesis: aluminium foil? 
    Greenlighter
    Question
    Hello!

I have some questions:

in the process, when you make p2np to amphetamine"

is being used aluminum foil, under the process, and larger scale (g) at the finished product?

I know the fact, that it creates a reaction.

**But contains, the finished product any kinds af aluminium residues, or evaporates it?

2. Collapse Details

Can you give me a ride to the welfare office?

3. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    We don't discuss synthesis here. Read the rules before posting please.

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Re-opened, it seems the OP is asking about purifying.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    In the process where you reduce phenyl-2-nitropropene (P2NP) to amphetamine,
    you can use aluminum foil, in quite a large scale, more so than the amphetamine you are making.

I know aluminum is part of the reaction, but is it consumed entirely or are there still aluminum residues remaining in the product?
    If the product is not purified correctly, by simple acid/base extraction with lye, dilute phosphoric/sulfuric acid, and a nonpolar solvent like ether or hexane or naptha, then aluminum salts could still remain.
    Worse, the aluminum process often uses elemental mercury or its salts as a "starter" to amalgamate the surface of the aluminum foil and let it react... this is worse than aluminum.

Metal salts will usually precpiptate out (become a solid that does not dissolve) when they form hydroxides in alaklaine water environment. They won't dissolve in naptha or other non-polar solvents either. (amphetamine freebase willl dissolve just fine in non-polar, but not in water)

The way to purify it -

1. Dissolve in distilled water. Add lye until pH 11. Add some non-polar solvent, mix it well, take the solvent off the top & keep it in a new vessel. Leave the water & any precipitates.
    2. Make some 20% acid (sulfuric, phosphoric) in water. Add it to your non-polar solvent and shake well.
    3. Seperate the water out into a tray or something. Discard the solvent. Let the water evaporate, or gently warm it to help - it should turn into crystals and you have cleaned your speed up of any heavy metals.
    Last edited by sekio; 28-02-2013 at 09:39.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

6. Collapse Details

Oops. Sorry for being a smart-ass then, OP.