• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Personal Accounts of Addiction: What's YOUR Story?⫷

Hi, I would like to hear peoples stories about their addiction. I have question written down and I will answer these questions as well. I hope this is the right place for this (if not delete), I would just like to see if someone has a similar addiction to mine and if so how did you quit and how it affected you.

What medication are you addicted to? Norco 10/325 MG (or any other opiods when needed)

When and why did you start? I was prescribed Percocet after a cosmetic surgery and loved how I felt, after that I had easy access to Norco's

How old were you? 23

how long have you been addicted for? 5 years or so.

What dose did you start out at? 1-2 10/325's per day

What's the dose you are at currently or were at when you decided to quit? Up to 35 10/325's per day

Are they prescribed to you or no? Yes I would get 60 a month and my relative would get 120 per month plus I would buy from friends

Are you happy with taking them or do you not like your life anymore? I thought I was happy while taking them, until I started running out and realizing how crazy I was for it. Also the withdraws were so crazy it came to the point of me NEEDING them.
Have you quit or do you want to quit? Yes I have quit a little over 2 years now. I have been on bupenorpeherine ever since. If I never told my husband I wouldn't be as happy as I am today. My husband would do whatever I needed to stop and that is a lot of patience and understanding.

If you have quit how did you go about? Heard about Suboxone, found a doctor that prescribed it, finally told my husband how bad my addiction was, and here I am today.

Hello, i just made a post on another sub forum. (Mind you its pretty long..)

Short story, today made a drastic choice.
I CANNOT GO ON LIVING LIKE THIS.

A few hours ago went from cheeking 25mcg fentanyl(continually, or i go in withdrawal within about 1.5 hours)+normal +-37mcg/hr on my body+ 300mg+ tramadol to just put on 12mcg this morning. (And no cheeking)

Going to try to at least suck it up till sunday. (i hope to go back to a "normal" tolerance of 25mcg an hour patch on my skin)

I am already in severe withdrawal now, quit cheeking 4/5 hours ago. I am in my bathroom constantly throwing up already. (sadly this side effect came sooner then expected this time)

My long explanation is here for anybody that is interested:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/748667-Opiates-(Fentanyl)-destroying-my-life-(Wish-me-luck)

Sorry it really is quite a long story
, it also entails some of my close encounters with death this substance has had on me.

I just want to wish everybody luck in their current withdrawal, it is hell, we all know it. Yet we still go back. :(

I just hope i get trought this, i wish you all luck and success as well. Hopefully we can all find an end to our personal hells some way. I know my life cannot go on like this, i am constantly in semi withdrawal I need to change, i need to stick with it now.

I hope 6 days is enough to get me back to my normal prescribed usage. (I know this is not likely, but i have to start work again, so just have to suck it up, AND I NEVER WANT TO GO BAcK TO CHEEKING, it is a one way road to hell)

Good luck to everyone, i am hopefully gonna make it this time.

Hi, I would like to hear peoples stories about their addiction. I have question written down and I will answer these questions as well. I hope this is the right place for this (if not delete), I would just like to see if someone has a similar addiction to mine and if so how did you quit and how it affected you.

What medication are you addicted to? Percocet 10/325

When and why did you start? I started because my friend gave me one and I really liked the way it made me feel.

How old were you? 18

how long have you been addicted for? about a year

What dose did you start out at? like 20mg a day if that

What's the dose you are at currently or were at when you decided to quit? I'm taking between 80mg-100mg a day.

Are they prescribed to you or no? I get prescribed 90/month. the rest I get from friends/off the street

Are you happy with taking them or do you not like your life anymore? The problem is, is yes I love the high. the other problem is, is I feel like it has consumed me. I have two daughter and no im not a bad mom but I feel like I could be better if I didn't take these pills. The other problem is I have chronic pain due to inflammation around my spine and sclerosis, so im kind of between a rock and a hard place.

have you quit or do you want to quit? yes and no, I do for my health and mental health and for my children but the high is what gets me, I have horrible anxiety and it helps so much with that, it also helps me with the horrible pain in my back in the mornings and through out the day.

If you have quit how did you go about? I have not quit yet or attempted.

1. Addicted, now to fentanyl 25mcg+half a patch on the skin(37mcg/h every 48 hours)+cheeking fentanyl 25mcg(continually, at least every hour for 20/30 min, usually constantly)+2*100mcg instanyl nose spray(fentanyl)(+ i dont know how many mgs tramadol and oxycodone)
2. Started taking tramadol myself about 1.5 years ago. (For severe artrosis and chasing a nod) now prescribed fentanyl 25mcg/48hours+instanyl(before that oxycodone)
-In my younger years was addicted to speed and other stuff.(from y 15t till about 22d i think) Currently 28 and addicted about 1.5years to opiates. (should have never started, hindsight..)
3. Prescribed fentanyl, although get tramadol self prescribed.
4. Not happy, would rather die then continue like this. Constant withdrawal is no way to live my life.

I hope to just quit or build my tolerance back to normal usage. (Hard for having an addictive personality)

I am now going to try to lay in bed, i wish you luck on your quest for answers.

Last edited:
Dude, where's my veins (money, job, friends, etc)?

Background
I'm 32. When I was 12, I decided drugs sounded interesting and decided to try everything (in later years have realized that "everything" is stupid. There are drugs whose effects I do not prefer, and things like bath salts, fake weed, and Krokodil seem stupid.) I decided to research amd seek out drugs. My first experience was inhaling solvents etc- bc it said "harmful or fatal if inhaled." I was depressed and wanting to die. It did something else though, which I liked. Next was weed, but that was just because that's what I found next. If I had run I to heroin, coke, crack, meth first, I would have done it.

Substances
Inhalants (12), Weed(13), Alcohol(13), prescription speed of various types (14), LSD (15), opiate pills (15), MDMA (17), cocaine (17), mushrooms (eighteen), Nitrous Oxide (eighteen), Ketamine (eighteen), salvia (eighteen) methamphetamine (19), DXM (20), 5MEO-AMT (21), Soma (21), heroin (first tried at 21 but was unimpressed. Started playing around with it out of boredom at 24 since my roommates were using it for a while, got hooked at 25), DIPT (24), benzodiazipines (25, they just put me to sleep so use for withdrawal or putting myself to sleep.) Wow, I haven't tried anything new in a long time.

Duration of dependence
I huffed solvents for about nine months. Smoked weed weekly at most for a while, put it down for years after finding other drugs, then was once or twice per year after age 20, in the past couple of years smoke socially- ranges from a few times per week to monthly. In high school I was upset by the social stigma of drugs and wanted to prove you could keep your life together and not be addicted, so chose to use drugs 3 days per month, drew the dates out of a bowl.. Didn't have many druggie friends so used alone at school for the most part. After high school, got into raves. Used drugs between a couple times a week to once per month. Then found meth, did that a few days every week or so for a couple of months until a friend died off of drugs he got from me. I couldnt deal, got on it full time for about 9 months til I suddenly went from wanting it constantly unless way high, to not wanting it at all. Did it a few times after that, got sick of it after a day each time. Then did it once in 2011(9 years later) and it was ok, once more a year later- made me violently ill with side effects lingering for days. Yuck.
Just before turning 22, while my drugs were mostly psychedelics and alcohol, occasionally opiates, I took a month off, then another. Decided I liked it, and that I would have 4 "drug months" per year. That worked out well for a while. In 2007, my roommates were experimenting with heroin, I did it out of boredom and also helped me throw up (I was bulimic)a few days or so per week. I smoked it. Tried shooting after 2 months. Had someone else do it for me but needles no biggie bc I'd done IM ketamine for a couple of years by then. Second shot OD'd me. After the hospital, I stopped a few months- it had made me gain weight anyway. Got a junkie boyfriend, did lots of acid & k with him. Started doing heroin after a few months. Few days weekly to weeks long binges.. We moved to Vegas. He was so different when we were alone, I had no friends or job and felt so alone, depressed, and that I'd lost my identity since I wasn't selling drugs anymore. Found solace in dope and it was an easy one call away. Did it when I could afford to, but the binges got longer and time off got shorter. I got a little sick after binges... This is what I thought dope sickness was.. Not great, but not terrible. Thought junkies were just whiners, I was a "strong person" like everyone said. I could stop when I wanted, and the sickness my bf got was just an extreme case from a long habit and methadone. After a 12 week binge, I got real dopesickness for my first time- a different animal. For a couple of years, I was very divided. I hated being on it, hated being off it too. Tried to quit every 6-8 weeks, usually by knocking myself out on benzos for a weekend, but used by Monday night and back to mornings too within a week. Went cold turkey at Burning Man 2009, 7 days off it- my longest since being hooked. (Haven't been back to Burning Man since either.) Also have gone up to five days without on methadone or suboxone. Prefer suboxone as methadone makes me lazy and self pitying, and with suboxone or subutex (like that better even tho I just use it sublingually) I stop caring if I get dope after about 2 days. About 3 years ago, I was gong to quit- have a friend mail me some suboxone. As time went on, found more reasons to stop. But it took her over 2 months to get it to me. By then, I found most of my "reasons" were adverse effects of laziness, not necessarily drugs, and just had to TRY. I kept my life mostly together after that for a while, but I now haven't had a job or school in over a year (ran out of federal loan $) but I still accept and am at peace with my habit. It keeps me from doing other things like self mutilation and eating disorders and keeps my moods much more even.

Adverse Effects
Meth made me exhausted and depressed after a while.
Heroin- Definitely laziness and oversleeping.. Takes your natural bad tendencies and amplifies them. The not giving a fuck goes too far. I was prone to OD (not fatal or requiring hospital tho except the first) for a couple of years. Then it stopped. The laziness and oversleeping led to being suspended a year from school after mostly not going my 2009-10 year.. I've lost most jobs from excessive tardiness, but on dope, I lose them much faster. I'm Much worse at forgetting what isn't in front of me and am bad at keeping in contact with friend and family (also mom found needles during xmas09 visit, said it was for K, but 2 "friends" outed me in 2011 and not allowed to go there now.) I've become very unsocial, which I did on and off before, but now a homebody with nearly no friends after living here 7 years. Even times I could afford to explore what vegas has to offer, I'd rather get a latte, order food, get extra drugs as not to have to worry about getting drug $ for a while. I have gained massive weight from even slower metabolism, inactivity, and a sweet tooth. I have cavities from sugar and forgetting to brush my teeth. Wretched fights and resentment in my prior relationship, a bad situation I stayed in even almost 2 years after breaking up. I'd still live there if he hadn't gotten us evicted. After so many years with no real break, I average 3/4 gram per day in 3 shots, pretty much maintenance user. The sickness is horrible. Veins- started out crappy and gotten worse. Killed neck years ago. Currently on torso. Lots of abscesses, scars, bumps, bruises, permanent dark marks and track scars. Vein searches can take up to a couple of hours and 20+ mins is common. It is much worse while sick- it hurts and i twitch. I turn into a huge titty baby when i cant hit, whether sick or not. Oh lots of paying rent and bills late.
Stuff I've done for money- lost bank accounts with empty envelopes, pawning everything of value, medical research, consumer research, middlemanning, odd jobs, stealing and return scams (got civil charge against me at Walmart for 200$ now), begging with a sign by the highway (which I have a warrant for not paying the fine now), prostitution. Didn't get emotionally scarred from sex work, accepted it fast. Even enjoyed myself in many situations. What I don't like- the flakes and all the bs to find a client online, fear of running into a bad client or law enforcement, having to take cheapskates sometimes just to get drug money. Having to rely on the unreliable. Actually, the emotional effects kinda went opposite- not sure how to ever have casual sex in the future? Would feel like something is missing and getting jipped if money wasn't involved. If I hadn't just fallen into my current relationship or if it ends, I'm clueless as to how to get past that whole sex without pay thing. That's about all I can think of. *oh wait- my hands randomly and relatively easily fall asleep now. Sometimes my feet. (Circulation.)

Warnings and Advice
You are not "stronger than" a biological change in your body. No one is. Keep on top of your life and very aware of where you're slipping, you have to keep consistent effort and foresight if you want to keep your life semi stable. Quit while you're ahead. If you're going to IV, learn and practice HR techniques, don't learn off some long term user Whos way past caring bc then it will be too late when you want to save your veins. Always budget for needles and order them offline if you have to. Choose some lines you won't cross bc once you do it once, the next time is easier and eventually the lines aren't even there. Also- it doesn't happen overnight or anything close, but does sneak up on you pretty easily. My mistake was in expecting "dope sick lite" to be what I'd get every time I stopped.

Misc
After all of this, I can't believe that I still have drug snobbery inside of me. Like "at least junkies quit scamming once they get their dope, unlike tweekers." "Filthy crackhead." "Stupid e-tard." Etc. Haha
*And while I have come to accept myself being an addict and the life that revolves around it, most people do not. Don't expect to end up OK with it, or to end up cool with prostitution either (not that most people could imagine themselves do n it - I couldn't either til it happened.) I may be lucky or unlucky in self acceptance. I am a "take things in stride" person anyway. Most addicts hate themselves for it and it's a mighty struggle with lasting damage.

Last edited:
I've been as addicted to weed as you can be for 7 years. My worst addictions, in order:

1. BENZOS - Lorazepam. Absolute hell.
2. COCAINE FREEBASE - 30g, 30 days. Was not a nice week after.
3. HEROIN - typical.
4. TRAMADOL - long-lasting, combined opioid/antidepressant (brain zaps!) WDs.

My story is a long one so I will try and shorten it for those of you who like a quick read.
Started with weed in middle school. Didn't like the paranoia that came with it so dropped that faster than a hot pan.
Alcohol was introduced during high school but couldn't partake as often as I wanted since I worked and of course was in school full time. But after high school I hit alchohol heaven when I began working in restaurants. Everyone drank after work. Hell we drank during work. Became a severe alcoholic lost respect from a lot of friends and family and lost many jobs.
Fast track a few years still drinking and buying bars of xanax off the street to stave alchohol withdrawl which at this point affected every aspect of life. I had bloated up and pretty much thought I would die from what I was doing to myself but still kept on keepin on the cycle of drink then pills than drink than pills... Then puke shake and anxiety set in.
A friend of mine from one restaurant was on a load of pain meds. She noticed how hungover I was and gave me oxy to take pain away. That's when I dropped the alchohol and switched to the beauty that is opiates. I had a total wizard of oz moment: falling into a poppy field and never wanting to leave. I took them occasionally never had too bad a problem until this same friend offered me fentynal. OMG loved the stuff. The nod the feeling of wanting to just be nice to everyone. And sex, sex on fent is better than anything I've known.
So was sober for going on 18-19 months when was offered those patches again. Binged and now I'm back here at Bluelight for support. God I love those things. Whoever invented them is a God in my book.
Oh yeah had a stint with herion for a while but the junkie I went through ripped me off big time so stopped that. I'm not one to steal for my addiction.
I still struggle with drinking but I'm kinda over it. I've got a little girl to take care of now and hangovers and babies do not mix.
My current addiction: the gym and cigarettes. I quit for almost a year and now I want them chain style.
Let's hope my story ends here and I don't get to add anymore drugs to the list.:)

To keep it simple and to the point I'll say my story as fast and as accurately as I can remember.

Started with nicotine (cigarettes) at age 14. Tried weed at 16 became an addict overnight, eventually tried shrooms had a monumentally bad trip which resulted in me being unable to smoke weed anymore (it started causing panic attacks) and the psilocybin triggered anxiety for me. Since then I struggled with anxiety, became an alcoholic to cope with the crippling depression and anxiety. Then found cocaine and hydrocodone. Once I tried these I spent the last 7 years of my life trying essentially everything I could get my hands on. Had 4 overdoses, locked in a psych ward 3 times from suicide attempts... Became addicted at one point and dealt with real withdrawals (or at least painful comedowns) from these drugs: clonazepam, lexapro, weed, alcohol, cocaine, ketamine, oxycontin... Eventually got sober for 2 years. Relapsed after I ruined my 2 year long relationship with my fiance due to insecurities... Relapsed.. Got into trying more shit. Eventually tried IV heroin. First time trying heroin ever. And first time using iv. 2 birds with one stone. Loved it. Overdosed on molly, trigged psychosis for me.. Then found meth. Was able to try heroin only twice with no real hardcore cravings. Tried meth.. Promised myself I'd never do it more than once.

Became an IV meth addict, quit Meth with oxycontin.. Got addicted to oxies... Again..the meth caused permanent psychosis. Not too bad. But anytime I do a stim I lose my ficking mind especially on the comedown and with weed. (I full blown see plants grow out of the carpet, spiders everywhere, the mountains turn into monsters that you'd see from the rampage games) .. Then got addicted to kratom on top of the oxies.. Relapsed on meth... Now I've been sober for a week. Feeling like shit, puking, etc.

Moral of the story. If you have only tried weed, and love weed... Just stick with fucking weed. Don't ever touch tobacco. Pointless addiction that will most likely cost you your life.. If you do fuck with drugs tread lightly. NEVER EVER touch meth, heroin, crack cocaine or nicotine ever. You'll most likely get addicted... You'll never know what you're missing. These drugs are life ruiners. Even if you can control their use, its risky fucking business that is best avoided. Don't abuse benzos daily for a prolonged period of time, if you start becoming an out of control drunk... do yourself, your family and friends a favor and quit. And if you start getting mental health issues... Do it the hard way (paradoxically I've seen this route end up being the easy way in the long run) and seek therapy or a CBT/DBT course. Don't turn to drugs. You'll end up addicted and 10 times worse than you were before I can almost guarantee it. If I had sought help right away after my shroom trip and not gone down the drug route I would have saved myself a mother fucking truck load of pain and misery..

There is a reason some drugs are "not even once" drugs. Of course i understand in certain situations both meth and heroin could be beneficial... But getting high on them for the sole purpose to get high is just risky. Tobacco and crack don't have any real benefits that I've seen. Their risks far out way their benefits.

Be safe. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Brief Background

I'm a 26 year old female 9-5 worker bee. There wasnt anything in particular that led me to using drugs, many of my friends used them and I toyed with them now and then. At first they were just a bit of fun, I enjoyed trying new things. None of them caused me any issues.

Substance(s)

Like mentioned above I kind of tried everything, but I didn't really get addicted to anything until the norcos came along. So I suppose my answer to this would be hydrocodone.

Duration of Addiction/Dependence

Its been somewhere around a year to a year and a half now. Sadly I can't say if I'm entirely over it yet.

Adverse Effects

Admittedly, they didn't mess me up physically and I think that in itself was a problem. I loved norcos because I felt good while being able to function on them, unlike weed or alcohol or ecstasy, or anything that would really have me stumbling around. I couldn't admit I had a problem until maybe six months ago. When I first took them, I could only do so on weekends because I worked a night shift. The more weekends I took them, the more my weeks became miserable. I didnt know why I was suddenly so depressed. Thinking back on it now, I probably was already hooked then but didnt realize it. I blamed it on work problems and promptly set out to find another job. I did. Unfortunately when I obtained my day shift job, my norco supply ran out. I thought, no big deal, I'll just forget about them. However I just ended up spending three or so months obsessively trying to find a way to get more. Eventually, I get another supply. At first, I manage to space them out. A small dose of only 10mg was good for me, every three days or so. I was just happy to finally be able to have some on weekdays. But as time went on, I had more and more "cheat days" where I'd take some a day early, or sometimes when I'd already had some yesterday. I'd always find some excuse. Eventually the tolerance went up to 15mg. Even as this kept happening, I would never admit I had a problem. I was good as long as I didnt need them everyday right? Yet something strange kept happening. I kept looking into the pill bottle and seeing what I felt were lots of pills every time my brain was persuading me to take one. However my pill bottle kept ending up empty sooner and sooner. And its a pretty big pill bottle. Soon the "cheat days" finally became every day. I still told myself I didnt have a problem because of the fact that I didnt feel ill without them, and I didnt know what kind of logic that even was. There were gaps after I ate through my supplies and no, I wouldnt be physically sick from withdrawal (which I clung to as my indication that I was totally NOT addicted), but I would be miserable. I could never enjoy the things that I used to anymore. Looking to the future felt absolutely pointless and depressing without them, it still does now. I would tell myself it needed to be over with, that I simply wouldnt take anymore because I couldnt keep doing this forever. But everytime I got a new supply, I just couldnt stop myself. I couldnt even bring myself to space things out like I used to. Every morning I would wake up and say I'm not having any today, because my tolerance was getting higher and I wasnt even getting the same enjoyment out of them anymore. I don't even know how I would end up with the pills in my hand sometimes. It was scary to realize how little control I had, I never imagined I would seriously be this obsessed over anything. Even if I knew literally EVERYTHING was wrong with it, I couldnt stop myself. Life just seemed so terrible without that norco high that wasn't even that strong anymore and lasted maybe like an hour towards the end. I'm still in the process of trying to get over them, I have so little faith in myself at this point that I'm pretty sure I'm only saying this all now because I cant have anymore for a while but the minute I get a hold of more I'll probably be back to shoveling them down my throat again. But I just hate the fact that I cant enjoy a nice dinner with my favorite show and my loving husband because of lack of these pills. I havent really talked to him about this either. He knows about it to a degree, but he doesnt know how serious I was. I suppose I refrain from telling him because I dont want him to stop me. But at the same time I do. I have no clue how this is going to end, probably nowhere good. And I'm super excited for the day where my tolerance is so high its at 50mg and then it WILL physically ail me to quit cold turkey (that was sarcasm btw). I need to get out while I still can, I know. I'm just having a heck of a time figuring out how to do that.

Warnings and Advice

if you keep having to tell yourself that youre totally in control of your drug problem, you probably arent. If you can stay away from drugs at all, do so. Its a pandoras box, seriously. And theres no easy way to close it.

Miscellaneous

Nothing much more to add. Sorry this story wasnt as climactic or inspirational as others. Good luck to everyone here.

Firsf off, i finally joined blulight today after using this site for years....CAPTAIN HEROIN IS MY FUCKINT IDOL! ...mad respect to captain heroin, seriously.

I'm 26 years old male, 130lb, 6"2 I live in Pennsylvania.

I've been up all night IVing mephedrone, so I'm going to rant. Fi

Tonight is the first time I injected anything into my jugular vein, and I did it successfully thanks to this site, except I used a dull needle and its sore.

I started drinking and smoking pot when I was 11, and didn't see a sober day until I was 21.....I used for 10 years without a hiccup, and I was physically addicted to opiates by the age of 15. I've experimented with every drug known to man. I started using heroin when I was 19 and oxycontin started to b taken off of the market. I started injecting heroin the first time I ever did H. I had heard that every other way was a waste, and had a close friend who had been hiding that he was IVing. And I let him shoot Me up for the first time.

The first drugs I ever IV'D was a suboxone Lol. But the next day I embarked on my heroin intravenous drug use extravaganza and didn't stop until after I OD'd 5 times over a 3 and a half month period , and got arrested twice in 3 days for felony drug possession, and DUI of a controlled substance.

CHEMICALS

I have IV'D EVERY IMAGINABLE SUBSTANCE. Narcotic or not. When I say EVERY substance I really mean it. some of ones i find humerous myself are as follows

Gabapentin(1x, about 200MG)-no rush, helped with dope sickness surprisingly

Ambien(2-3X 1 pill first time, 2 pills after) crazy experience, it was like tripping on acid, only sped up by 12 hours ...very vivid hallucinations, no rush, only lasted about 5 minutes, but felt like a lifetime

Kolonopin/Ativan/Xanax

Before anyone says they're not water soluble, I know....so I don't know if it exactly worked, I just kno that. I WENT BLIND for a good 10 minutes. PLZ dont ever do this, its so dunb and i consider myself very luvky to have not caused permenant damage. i used rubbing alcohol(90%), and ACETONE to break it down.....I didn't do any research on it, yes I know its dumb, but I'm a fucking drug addict. And was already faded as FUCK when attempting it.

I've IV'd everything. And anything.

My first drug run was the strongest, longest run I've ever had....I went from using opiates for 7 years strait, to a couple months , to a couple days, to using once..

I've had over a year without any drug or drink or suboxone or weed......I've had periods of clean time ranging from 14 months, to 9 months, to 6 months to several 60-90-120 days clean in the past 3 years I've been clean 95% of the time, but I've also relapsed over a dozen times , I've been to 14 treatment centers, 20+ detoxes, and 2 psych ward vvisits.....

I've gone to the most desperate lengths to get my fix. The ONLY thing I have not done is engaged in sexual aacts for my drugs

I have let drug dealers fuck my girlfriend for dope while crying in the next room...

I've stolen jewelry off of my grandmothers fingers after she died at home before the paramedics came

I've witnessed people overdose and live
I've witnessed people overdose and die

2 of my best friends got murdered execution style over a drug deal that I set up. 18YO, and 21YO

I'm white, and am a pretty "normal" kid, yet iI've shot at people, and I've been shot at.

I don't know how I'm still alive

I once got a settlement check for $29,900, and spent it in 23 days on heroin, cocaine, crack, xanax, nikes, clothes, and ray bans. The only thing I have to show for it is a pair of ray bans.

I have a lot of shame and guilt aboutthe things I've done, the things I've stolen from my family that are irreplaceable.....but yet I can't stay clean

I know how to stay clean, yet I don't do it.

Okay I'm done. If anyone wants to know more, hit me up..

I'm not really sure if I'm addicted or not...
guess I'll start by saying I get -99 Roxi ~30IR a month for back pain. I used to make 3-4 last everyday and could go a whole month and have extra to sell, give away, save etc. Now I'm 16 days into the month and completely out and feel like utter shit. I snorted almost every last one, I love this method. Mentally I'm not addicted, I dont want to snort anymore until I get my next script: I'm cool with smoking JWH-018 and doing tranquils the rest of the month. Just sucks to come down off a two week Roxi high

Hi. I know someone who has taken way to much medication. He has a high tolerance but holy bees. :0. In a 3 day span (today being day three) he took the following : first 48 hours he took 18 70mg time realsed capsules. Then today took 1 more 70mg. He's now experiencing light headed, dizziness, random aggravation and sadness, cold all over, but it's in spells. He's not had much water, lots of red bulls. He will seem completely fine and then suddenly out of breath. He has high blood pressure even with the meds :(((! He doesn't want to go to a hospital but I fear I may have to force him. Advice please if you have any experience or knowledge of this substance. Thanks

As a heroin addict for 19 yrs n now in recovery plz take the decision out his hands and phone 999 for an ambulance and if for nothing else, for peace of mind, some ones tolerance can be reduced on certain days I.E mood, mental state etc, I've lost too many friends tht took the same amount day in day out but overdosed on tht usual daily dose. Hope all goes well.

I am a 41 yr old male from Scotland and the short version is i have used drugs frm 13yrs old, starting from weed to ecstasy to speed, trips etc until 19 then was introduced to downers like diazapam or any other 'pam' to temgesics all the way up to the big H which took my life for 19yrs, smoking for 15yrs and 4 injecting in every possible vein I cld find, I had been on and off methadone for 16 of those yrs. I don't think thyrs a drug I haven't took at sometime, crack, gabbapentin, pre-gabalin etc etc etc which off course I am not proud of none but I am just 2yrs clean from them all except the odd joint but tht life has made me the person i am who i now love rather tht hate, but I don't drink and weed is my treat now instead of a must, I am still adjusting to life without drugs but I seem to find harder is the changing of lifestyle, my past was criminal and at the higher end of the ladder, I built up a reputation in the 'supply' chain. Lots of jail time etc etc. Is thyr anybody out thyr tht has a similar past tht wld want to talk?

Hello, I just joined bluelight today after looking through various posts for months. I am an 18 year old male from Florida, I'm also a heroin addict. I've been doing dope for the past year to self-medicate my chronic back pain.. i started off with Vicodin then Percs and after a while it got too expensive so i "upgraded" to the dope. I snorted it daily for a while but for past 3 months i switched over to IV for the usual reasons (save money, better rush, blah blah blah). While i don't have a big tolerance, i only use about 1 dub bag a day, i gotta say it still sucks to need this shit just to not be sick.. in fact I'm going to have to be sick all day tomorrow until Saturday morning when i cop more due to my over consumption this week.. its sad really opiate withdrawal is the worst pain in the world but the high somehow makes you think its worth it. If your thinking about trying opiates for whatever reason i gotta say i don't recommend it, the high is great and everything but sooner or later you'll have to constantly worry if you've got enough dope for the week and have to deal with the consequences when you run out early.. thanks for reading and to my fellow junkies, stay well.

This is gonna be my first post on BL. I just wrote a huge post and accidentally deleted it lol. Either way it was cathartic and I'm starting to have a amp comedown so I'm gonna summarize it this time. I started out saving up the adderal I was prescribed when I was thirteen instead of taking them for school. I'd have enough to binge on the weekend. Not long after that I started mixing weed with my binges when I could get some money. For the next 5 year I experimented with all sorts of drugs. I've done uppers, downers, psychedelics, dissociatives and various legal highs I've either found growing in the area or grew myself. The only thing I've ever been psychically addicted to was synthetic weed. I can sit here and argue about whether or not synthetic cannabinoids cause withdrawals but I know that I and many others where I live have experience the horrendous detox from "mojo". I was hooked on it for about 2 years and developed stomach ulcers as well as anxiety disorder, memory problems, clinical depression, insomnia, and mood instability. I know I shouldn't be doing other substances now a days as they won't help my brain heal, but hey I'd rather be a little screwy in the head for the rest of my life than absolutely depressed and angry all the time. Most of the drugs I use are self medication whether than recreational, I still like to have some fun now and then. Any way I look forward to being a part of this community, learning, and maybe even sharing some of what I've learned in my journey.

Registered just to say that this thread has put a pretty good quash about my curiosity about drugs.

I've seen some people refer to themselves as late bloomers and such since they got started in their late teens or early 20s. I'm in my early 30s. I didn't even experiment with weed or alcohol until my late 20s and I never got much out of them. Alcohol I could take or leave, and weed I dislike, even after multiple times trying it. It just puts me in a brain fog and makes it hard to think. I spend a lot of time in my own headspace thinking about things, so I don't like things that hamper that.

So I've been curious naturally as to what these other substances out there feel like. I have no contacts and wouldn't even know where to begin to acquire the stuff. I know a bit about drugs despite having never got involved in them. One of the main things that has kept me from experimenting in them is the fact that you have no idea what's in them or how they're made/what they're cut with and that alone could kill you. The only "drug" I can say I've ever been addicted to was caffeine when I was 13 and started getting withdrawal headaches after I stopped drinking Pepsi. I didn't even realize what had taken place until years later.

My idea was to try a couple things just 1 time for the experience and then never try them again. People say that they don't know anyone that has done it, but I'm substantially different from most people and have an exceptionally high level of self-discipline. Well after browsing this thread here, I think I'll probably just let all that remain a mystery. My expectation was that finding something I actually liked would end up being the best thing I'd ever felt or probably would ever feel and that I would want to keep trying it afterward, but I'd still have the discipline necessary to realize that it would have to remain a 1-time deal or I'd get sucked into a bottomless pit like so many here have. If I turned out to be wrong (I don't think I am, but how many other people before me thought the same thing?), the consequences are just too severe.

Thanks to all of you for your input. I know that it was probably difficult for many of you to tell your story, but know that others can learn from the lessons you share.

Last edited:
This is harder than I thought it would be.

Brief Background

The first time I ever got fucked up I was around 14. I smoked weed with some friends and watched SLC punk, I felt great but it didn't really do it for me. I lived the next year and a half clean and sober and fought with my head everyday. I've got diagnosed mental illness and looking back on it now I understand why getting fucked up appealed to me so much. I didn't have much confidence and had a horrible home life as a kid. There was this girl who wanted to fuck me when I was a freshman in high school for my second term and she'd always bring me alcohol in the mornings. The first time I got drunk I was 16 and instantly fell in love. Over the course of the next year and a half until I dropped out of school I was always getting drunk, everyday every weekend. I was all of the sudden popular because I could out drink everyone. I loved the person I was when I was drunk. I was witty, charming, outgoing and everything a 16 year old wants to be. I couldn't get enough.

Substance(s)

My substances were most definitely alcohol until I met a coke dealer, then I got on coke hard for a year until I went into the army. Back on the booze for another 4 years. I got out in 2010 and have a bitch of a case of PTSD and I got into percocets when I was in the army. I got out of the army summer 2010 and was on those pills hard until the OCs became the OPs then I got on that boy. I've been fuckin with boy for 5 years now.

Duration of Addiction/Dependence

Been on heroin for 5 years, other misc drugs for 11. I was physically addicted to heroin once for a year before I got some suboxone from a friend and weened myself off. After that I've been dependent to heroin off and on for about 2 years. I couldn't even kick it when my son was born.

Adverse Effects

I couldn't kick boy when my son was born. I lost my son last year for 6 months, my sons mom left me. I was sitting in my car one night with a gun in my mouth. My head was so fucked up last year my best friend told me he was going to kill himself and I didn't even try to talk him out of it. I told him I'd be seeing him soon. The day he told me he was going to kill himself he shot himself that night. I can't get past hearing that. When he shot himself something inside me broke.

Warnings and Advice

If you're gonna do it you're gonna do it. Nothing else I say will change your mind. But my head was so fucked up I, basically, gave my best friend the OK to kill himself while we were on the phone. Do you want that on your conscience?

Miscellaneous

Keep your head up guys.

To everyone who is addicted to pain meds for pain management... after years of pain management... I elected to cold turkey. I had surgery, the whole 9 yards. After being off for the first month, yes I felt.like shit... but realized that my chronic back pain was GONE. pain is your body's way of telling you to stop doing something.. I was reinjuring my spine daily. For the year I was off the pain meds, my back didn't hurt. I had emergency surgery last month and left the hospital with pain meds. Finished them and going through mild withdrawal... nothing like last year. Basically, my advice is... don't let pain meds fool you into thinking you're disabled or in chronic pain. Ya might not be... you won't know until you get off of them.

Been using since I was 17 started with 4 roxy 30s a day insulffated. Did that for about 3.5 years and then i got on and off suboxone in three months and I moved to tenneessee. Once I got here I was just smoking lots of bud and stumbled into a connect for heroin. The guy was consistent and reliable so I was hooked for about 4 months and then it was back to suboxone except this time the dr just wrote the scripts and told me to do with them whatever I want. So it took me 2.5 years to get myself off subs this time. And now for the last year I smoke tar recreationally but I know I'm still dependent even if I don't have withdrawals. I'm 24 now I never even got close to ODing and never got arrested. And if I had the money I would chase it everyday and that is the only reason I don't. I honestly believe opiate addicts would be normal people if heroin was legal and available state wide.

Yes, but that's not the point. I know what you mean. I recently quit methadone and thought I could do that for ever. But it's a bit more complicated. You have side effects and with age you loose perspective of important things in life that you would probably do if it wasn't for the opiates. This is my opinion only. Everyone is different.
Hope you find what you're looking for:)