• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Personal Accounts of Addiction: What's YOUR Story?⫷

I learned there is no such thing as addiction olny abuse that insanity that you must use always, withdrawal is avoidable with other substances , gabapentin is useful for many drugs abusing , if a drug helps use it just dont abuse it and always keep your drugs far away from kids and pets enjoy life you only live once , I use to abuse benzos until I found phenibut then my Dr prescribed me gabapentin for my mental issues and love it its a a gabba B antontist like phenibut sorry about my spelling I have a cromebook and still have not learned how to use spelling correction good luck and be kind to your self and take it easy on you drug use and all will be good rember everyone uses something to get through this issane man created f up world . may you have a blessed life

Last edited:
Brief Background

I am a 23 year old injection drug user and have bee since the age of 16. The history with drugs and alcohol in my family is a long and deep one. I could get into it but it would take up this whole page so ill just jump to the more recent events that led me to the habits I hold these days.
Since age 10 I've been passed from family member to family member because of my mother/ fathers incapability of caring for me or using drugs.
Ive witnessed a lot of traumatic things at a young age such as listening to my mother have sex with a drug dealer for heroin or walking in on my my stepfather hunched over the couch unconscious with a needle hanging out of his arm to my brother passed out in a pool a vomit in the basement.
These instances go on and on from about age 6 to about 11 until i was moved into my aunts care.
I lived with my aunt until i was about 16 and had a lot of angst and frustration as a teenager. Once I turned 16 I learned that I was a legal adult in Toronto Ontario Canada
and decided to have myself legally emancipated. I was living with my friend and *trying* to go to school. Really, id just show up to school, sell my friends some weed and go home. 16 was my defining year of breaking my drug virginity for a lot of things.
Age 10: first time smoking pot/cigarettes
Age 12: chronic pot smoker
Age 14: chronic cigarette/ pot smoker begins drinking hard liquor on weekends
Age16: Loses sexual virginity/ tries: coke, acid, ketamine, mushrooms, heroin, ecstasy for first time

I started hanging around this guy who did a lot of ketamine. I fell so hard for this guy. he was 22 I was just about to turn 17. I used to spend everyday with him snorting k. we would go to the ravine behind his building and camp every weekend and do about an ounce of k together. I noticed he was always sneaking away saying he was going to find wood or whatever excuse he would use and come back sooo fucking high and i couldnt undertsand why. Until one day he left to go "find wood" and i went through his bag to find a whole injection kit. When he came back I looked at his arms and I guess i noticed his tracks for the first time.
I had been sorting k for about a year now and i knew that it was injectable and I had a lot of friends who did it. I asked him one day to shoot me up and he was very reluctant. I basically begged him until he eventually gave in and told me "once you try this you will never go back to snorting again. Im warning you now. are you sure you want this?" I brushed him of " yeah yeah whatever, just do it" so he did and he was right.
Since that moment I have been a steady injection drug user. eventually learning how to shoot myself up which led to the curosity of other drugs. It started with K then I tried shooting coke. I then years later met anoher guy who I fell very hard for. He was hooked on dope so then heroin came into the picture.
Its been revolving door of drugs ive been hooked on. Anything shootable really. Mainly K was always and still is my go to perfect drug but when i was hooked on heroin was probably the worst time of my life. I was on methadone for two years but eventually tapered off with the help of suboxone. Now a days im trying really haurd to stay clean. Ive done some casual coke here and there but havnt touched a needled in months. The man im seeing now is amazing. he smokes a lot of pot but other than that is really helping me stay on track. The one thing that really sucks is that even though it feels great being sober and having a clear mind im consantly romanticizing about the good times when i was getting high. funny how you only remeber the good times .

Substance(s)

Ketamine
Heroin
Cocaine
Alcohol

Duration of Addiction/Dependence

I had a ketamine addcition on and off for about 7 years
heroin addcition for about three years solid
coke on and off for about a year in total
and ALCOHOL for about a year when I was "clean" (from drugs) I drank everyday thinking it was helping in my drug recovery when that turned into a habit in itself.

Adverse Effects

Drugs turned me to prostitution. Which I actually enjoyed for a while. I was working for an agency in a really upscale condominium tending to very rich men making 500-1000 a day which allowed me to stay permanently high. Looking back it was completely fucked up but at the time all my needs where met so it didnt seem like a huge deal. I spent the last 4 new years in the hospital after mixing alcohol with heroin and would have died if i hadnt been around people who knew what to do.
I have k holed hundreds of times by accident in public places and have been sent to the hospital by by standers thinking im dying. I once fractured my skull and smashed my two front teeth out of my face after doing a shot of k standing up and k holed and hit my face really hard off the bathroom sink. I have had hundred of UTIs (ketamine severely damages your bladder and urinary tract) I have put myself in extremely dangerous and vulnerable positions (passing out at parties/ in public alone) Completely isolated myself from the world for one year and particular I would sit in my bedroom and shoot up all day and watch movies. I got so severely depressed i couldnt even get out of bed or walk up the stairs to go to the bathroom. I litereally kept a bed pan next to me so i wouldnt have to leave my room to even go to the washroom. Honestly this list goes on and on and on.

Warnings and Advice

Drugs can be amazing. Drugs can be wonderous and beautiful and discovering them can be the most magical experience in the world but sometimes, most times actually this can all turn into the biggest nightmare if youre not careful. The only thing i can say about using drugs is to be safe about it. Surround yourself with people you trust will take care of you if need be. never use alone. If youre suffering with something TELL SOMEONE. ALWAYS use clean supplies and keep them to YOURSELF. Dont share snooties/needles fuck, even joints WITH ANYONE EVER . DONT MIX DRUGS. DONT DRINK AND DO DRUGS. Educate yourself on the drug youre doing before you do it. And I cant stress enough TO ASK FOR HELP IF YOU FEEL OUT OF CONTROL. This is the one thing I didnt do for a very long time and it caused me a lot of pain and loneliness. Once i opened up i found a whole world of support.

Miscellaneous

D

Brief Background

I had never really tried drugs until I was 19. Growing up I had horrible depression and anxiety and usually coped with it by cutting myself and taking too many sleeping pills. When I was 19 I moved from my home state to another state to attend school. 4 months later and I met my now-fiance. The first time we hung out I tried pot for the first time. I ended up freaking out and almost calling 911 on myself. I wouldn't touch it for 2 weeks after that. That's when it all started. I started smoking just tiny amounts of pot at first, I limited myself but still got very high. My boyfriend ended up getting a green card and then pot was much easier for us to buy. That's when I started smoking regularly. My boyfriend and I spent at least $500-$600 a month just on marijuana. I was constantly high and I felt great. My back issues went away, my anxiety went away and I was able to talk to people again. I was high at work and I was high at school. I constantly skipped school so I could go get high with my boyfriend and his friends. I lost relationships with family members because I just wanted to get high.

2 years later and my boyfriend and I live together. We start experimenting with psychedelics. One of our close friends has access to shrooms we were doing them often. I loved them. I was tripping hard with my boyfriend at least every two weeks. At this point we were spending close to $1000 a month just on drugs. My mom was having to pay my rent and I had to make up excuses as to where my money went. I was still constantly smoking pot.

The summer of this year we tried acid together for the first time. We were alternating acid and shrooms every other weekend and just frying our minds. I quit a high management, good-paying position because it was too hard for me and I would rather just be high. I have been in and out of jobs since.

Two weeks ago, my boyfriend and I did shrooms, like we always do, and I had an upsetting trip. I felt like everything was falling apart, I couldn't stop puking, and I ended up laying there for 6 hours while the shrooms wore off. I continued to smoke my pot. A week after this incident, the pot started to make me feel anxious and upset. I constantly felt disconnected and like I couldn't put two and two together. It wasn't fun for me anymore. I made the concious decision to stop smoking 5 days ago and in some ways I feel really good. I am starting to get some of my interests back and I have started to work out. I haven't really craved smoking as I remember how it made me feel and that makes me not want to do it.

Substance(s)

Marijuana, mushrooms, acid

Marijuana- 3+ years
Shrooms- 1 1/2 years
Acid- 8 months

Adverse Effects

The marijuana, while fun at first, numbed me completely. I felt no emotions, I couldn't get sad or angry because I just couldn't think. I lost all of my interests (I loved drawing and knitting) and I lost some close relationships to family members because I blew them off to just get high instead. Same with the mushrooms. They would completely relax my body and I couldn't feel my messed up back or stomach issues (I get stomach ulcers). I always felt like I was dreaming and it made me numb to the world around me. I still lose my train of thought constantly and sometimes I just dont remember how to do things.

Warnings and Advice

Please, especially the marijuana, use it as directed. It does amazing things and it can be incredibly helpful but please only use it how it is prescribed. If I could go back I wouldn't have touched the shrooms or the acid. I had fun trips with them but in the long run they kind of ruined my body.

Miscellaneous

Since I haven't used any drugs in the last 5 days, things have been hard. I'm starting to feel again, and it's overwhelming. I can't sleep and I can start crying at any random moment. I'm also not hungry at all and when I do eat I throw up. I am very proud of myself for being able to just stop, but I am having a weird reaction. I am constantly depressed and will randomly get angry or irritated. It is still very hard for me to hold a job and my memory is still quite horrible.

Background:

I've read over a lot of these and relate to some, but actually was one of those innocent girls until I got out of high school. I dated the same guy forever, graduated a year early at 16, left my home town and thought my life was all worked out. I started college at 17 we broke up not long later and I meet my boyfriend who I'm with now. I had only ever been introduced to alcohol before I meeting him. I didn't realize until a year or two into our relationship how much I actually didn't know about him. When I was 18, he first introduced me to weed. I don't smoke so I didn't really ever catch on to that. After that he slowly started bringing in other things he enjoyed. I tried ecstacy next. I still love that to this day, but it's extremely hard to find where I'm at. Through all this I was still getting my college degree and mostly still believing he was just experimenting. It wasn't till about 2 years into our relationship that I realized he was full fledged addicted to meth. For the longest time I told myself I didn't care anfd it didn't bother me, but I still wasn't into anything at this point so I was only lying to myself. Not long after he moved in with me. He couldn't find a job that would work with his schooling so he sat me down and told me he wanted to start selling. He promised me our house would never be used as a place for people to come hang out and do meth, along with other promises. It wasn't long till all those promises were broken. It took me a full year to tell him I was going to have to leave because I couldnt be around it anymore. He loved me enough to quit immediately. And somehow we were lucky enough to get his close friends to quit too.

Not soon after he got a job in a factory where it was easy to get pills. With his addictive behavior, he bought a few and asked if I wanted one. I still remember the first time I tried my first dro. To this day I can't honestly remember when my pill addiction turned from buying one here and there for fun to needing them everyday to be able to get through the day, but if I could go back I would.

Soon we both were to the point of needing them daily to get through work. We both got promoted and the more money we made the more pills we bought. I would take over 200 dollars a week out and put it back for pills. It still wasn't enough...

It stopped being fun when I could tell I was losing the light I had in my life for teaching. I no longer enjoyed going to work everyday and being around my kids (not public school). I soon after lost my job. It almost would have been okay if it would have been something like failing a drug test but it was my own stupidity. I can honestly say I lost it because of my addiction.

A couple days after I lost my job, my boyfriend quit his so he didn't fail a drug test. Pills has taken us to rock bottom.

My boyfriend is the only one that knows. Not to long ago, I told my best friend. I've hidden it from my family for awhile now, but my mom is prescribed tramadol for a real medical condition. Me being the addict that I am, I've convinced her on different occasions to give me parts of her script to feed my addiction. So in some light I believe she knows....

Substances:
Hydrocodone any milligram, mostly 10s
Roxies any milligram, mostly 30s
Tramadol 50mgs
Suboxone

Duration:
Going on 2 years now

Adverse effects:
I completely stopped loving everything I use to love. No longer enjoyed everything I worked my ass of for. Everything was a struggle if I didn't have a pill to get me through the day. Depression comes and goes. Life is a daily struggle now. I've tried to take my life twice before I began this addiction so I can fully understand why it was so easy for me to accept starting it, but now I may be off of pills but I'm still fully addicted to suboxone. Scared to go a day without something... There are so many things I have done that I would never have done if I hadn't ever started this. If I could I'd take it all back.

Warnings and advice:
Use pain killers as directed or avoid them. I've been prescribed them many other times and never had this issue. Now I'd do anything to have something wrong with me so I could have them for life. It's just a mindset. And even though I don't really mean that, I know if someone gave me a roxy or a dro, I'd take it in a heartbeat.. They can ruin your life. So many of my dreams and my boyfriends have to be pushed back because until we get everything else put back together, they have to take a backseat. So please USE AS DIRECTED. Or just for fun. I'd give anything to go back to that.

Miscellaneous:
I love pills, shrooms, ecstacy, molly. The works. I love the high, the euphoria you experience and the joy it can give you. I don't love the dependency, the depression without it, the constant feeling of needing to find more. I don't enjoy it anymore, I don't even want it anymore. I just want my life back. Ibe always been told I can walk into a room and instantly most people know I'm one of the happiest people there. I know how to make people happy. Always smiling, optimistic, bringing people light. I'm just not sure I know how to do that anymore and I just want to be that person for all around me again...including myself♡

Felt good to finally get that out. Not a soul knows in my life besides the two mentioned.

Last edited:
The worst time was as follows. I picked up 15 caps of H from normal dude, but was sick earlier so took 16mg bupe (which didnt do dick), so i decided to ride out to the Chi and cop a jab (same as bundle or pack, 100$ worth). I drive down sweating my dick off even though it is the middle of July. Finally get to the meeting point, dude says "15 min", "thank god i thought. 30 min later, he says "10 min" this time (lol), keep waiting, eventually, as this process of calling every 15 to 30 min continued after 2.5hr's of being sick as a bitch, dude comese through and I get my 15 bags. Problem solved right??? lol...
Gotot the MCD's down the street, rush to the bathroom and... fucking goddamn kids having a water fight at the sink and i had no bottled water...). I go into the stall to wait the little imps off, to no avail after 10 min. Then i inspected the bowl, wasn't that grittty, cleaned rather thoroughly but unfortunately there wasnt a cistern ... and me, being semi-honorable and not wanting to expose kids to IV H use, made the decision to take the plunge, literally.. I drew up 1cc of 5x flushed McDonald's bathroom toilet water, squirted it on and around 3 bag s of goog good, did the rest of the process and.... nada.... fuckin 16mg bupe had blocked.. for the *first time* ever ever ever... so U do the next logical thing, draw 1cc more of toilet water (flushed again lol) and squirt it on 4 bags this time, making 7 bags in my system now, wham bam... nothing, 7 bags now antagonized by the goddamn bupe
Decided to give it one more "shot", put 4 more bags in the coooker, did the process, wham bam... nothiing..again. FUCK MY LIFE!!!
I left the McD's sick as I arrived, got home. popped 100mg of diazepam and managed to get a nights sleep, my thoughts before drifting off revolving around my connect and how i would get him back for burning me... woke up at 430am, sick as sick could be, hastily threw the remaining four bags in the cooker, cooked up, slammed. And finally, I was at peace and all was right with the world.

From weed to heroin real quick. In a matter of years, specifically 4, I went from smoking the good old "innocent" weed, to becoming a full blown heroin addict. And trust me when I tell you, addiction can happen to the best of us, and in the blink of an eye too. No filter or discrimination when it comes after somebody. The best option, in my opinion and completely based off of my experience, is to just steer clear of any drug possible. Especially in cases of high addictive systems like myself.
I was 13 when I first smoked weed. By the age 15, I was 100% mentally addicted to marijuana and smoking half packs of cigarettes daily. Pure pressure was a weak spot for me, I gave in. A lot of people do in fact. In my case, it had to do with my young careless attitude, living one day at a time, and a constant crave to get high. And quite frankly, weed got boring after a while. I was tired of spending all my money and not getting high because of tolerance levels. Between the ages of 15-16 my bestfriend and I went off the handle. It is always so much easier to get hooked on stuff when you have your partner in crime by your side. We were getting and trying everything including pills (any kind), coke, mdma/ecstasy, codienes, hallucinogens, and anything we could get our little grabbers onto. Between the genes of my mom and dad, my addictive system is in full effect.
We were pretty inseparable, we were always together, and never empty handed. Loners with each other, not too social with others because that's what drugs do to you. By this time, weed wasn't as important as it used to be to us, we were just focused on partying any way possible. We dibbled and dabbled until we both met boys. Oddly at the same time too. And they both stuck. We were both almost 17. Little did we know, these men would be the downfall for both of us. Not to blame anyone for our actions, but falling in love with them and the drug was the downfall.
Her newly found love introduced her to methamphetamine. My newly found love introduced me to heroin. Slowly but SURELY we both became addicted to our poison. Therefore we introduced our drug of choice to eachother, making our imaginary list of drugs that we haven't tried, complete. Not something to be proud of at all by the way. But definitely a sad and true fact of life, I was a 17 year old heroin junkie.
My decision to smoke meth and get addicted to heroin is the reason I'm not doing so good now in days. Better than those days, but I wish I would have took advantage of high school. I dropped out SENIOR YEAR. Yeah senior year is when I left. Stupid huh? That's the year I started using as well. I moved out of my pops house at 17. Also stupid. Did everything you can think of to get money for my habit. All of this while being under the influence of the devil.
Drugs are always going to be there. There is absolutely no reason to rush having that experience like I did. It will most likely not result in your favor. Wait until you have a career and stable life. At least until your brain is developed fully?! And not to mention, weed is and always will be a gateway drug, especially to those of us who love getting high. If you can withhold and restrain yourself from pure pressure and look into how the future will effect, you can probably handle yourself. If not, welcome to my world. It's not until drugs like these come into your life, that you realize you are taking it too far. All are bad but if you come across these dangerous two, you should think about it. I lived in the moment for so long, I understand "yolo" or whatever. But it's so not worth it. I was addicted to heroin for almost 4 years with my man. It was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I know now that I was too young and inexpirienced. We were horrible addicts and there were more times that we were dopesick rather than well. If you are going to try heroin, DON'T. The things that addicts do to get their next fix is sad and real. Heroin ruined my life all together. To this day, 2 years sober, I still regret it hard. My life was supposed to be different. Yours should not end up like that if you read this and take it seriously. DON'T do heroin and meth.
As for my bestfriend, she turned a complete 180 after her meth addiction hit. Picks all over her face, weigh loss, half rotten teeth, and more. She has been a couple months clean with a stab wound to her head while her psycopath man sits in jail for stabbing her. Drug induced psychosis due to methamphetamine? I think so. Either way it's a dead end. Please if you are reading this, TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION and be smart and careful. Especially the kids, don't screw your life up!

Decent childhood, but always felt alone. Like something dark inside me.

2. Heroin, methamphetamine. Oxycodone, Xanax.
Opiates will always be my greatest love.

3. I've been actively using since I was 12, started with alcohol and some pills. Quickly escalated into meth. Then once I discovered opiates it was over. It became my master.

4. I'm grateful to be breathing, i quickly learned how much I needed it. Needed the oxy to work, to sleep, function and show up for people. It consumed my life. It's the only voice you hear, the only one you want to hear. I eventually was kicked out of both my parents house for stealing from them.
"stay dope sick" "steal from your own mother"
My disease chose for me.

5. Stop if you can, if your just starting out stop now. Going through addiction isn't something I would wish on anyone. It's a series of unfortunate events.

6. If you are struggling, I know getting sober is petrifying. But it does get better eventually.

I will post my own story at some point but for now I think it's worth saying for those of you reading and thinking about getting in to drugs just don't do it. As I glanced through this thread I noticed some of the names that posted their stories are also names you can find in the shrine now. We have got to try to learn from other people's mistakes. No life is worth losing to get high.

I love drugs. They fascinated me even as a young teenager. So I became a drug nerd.

Then I actually got to try my first drug - marijuana at 14. It was incredible. It fixed something inside of me. I felt whole. I have always been depressed and unsure whether or not I want to even continue living. But I found something in the high. It wasn't the intoxication... I don't know exactly how to explain it... So I won't.

From that point I sought any drugs that I thought I could find. I didn't know the right people so I didnt come across another drug besides weed until 19.

Then I discovered research chemicals. The list of drugs I have sampled in my life is long... over 100 unique substances at last count (includes pharmaceutical, street drugs, and RCs)

My plan was to try everything once and move on.

That almost never happened. I have outright abused most of the drugs I have come across. Pathetic. The list of drugs I have been addicted to at one point in my life is long... And embarrassing. For example, I was drinking cough syrup on a daily basis for almost 4 months at the age of 20. Hell, I even grind up and snort caffeine pills when its all that was available. Fucking pathetic.

I absolutely love and am fascinated by drugs. It has been my life long hobby and obssession. But I am the one person in this universe that should not use drugs at all.

For the longest time I kept my drug use a secret. And even though I was always abusing one thing or another, I did extremely well in school, family and in life.

Then enter MDPV in 2008. It destroyed me. I couldnt control myself. I couldn't quit... Mostly because I didnt want to. I nearly lost everything. Then, through one of the most fucked up parts of my life, I some how managed to get my use of mdpv under control. I figured I either had to figure out how to control the beast or die trying. Not using MDPV was not an option for me... I absolutely fell in love with it. It was like MDPV was made for ME.

Somehow I managed to get it under control. Then I was a daily user for like 3 years. Did well at work and took care of home life. This was the best time of my life. I felt like I was a regular person. Small amounts of mdpv fixed me perfectly. I ate, I slept, I acted mostly normal and I was content with life.

But nothing good lasts. Slowly but surely I started to deal with constant paranoia. It's amazing that I managed to keep things together in the last year. I was pretty much delusional towards the end and nobody but me knew it. I came to believe some truly insane things as everday fact... But I always kept my thoughts to myself. It was almost fun in a twisted way.

Things then got to the point where I couldn't function. I was insanely tired and couldn't focus on anything. If I tried taking more mdpv to help me get going it didn't help much.

Because of this I began taking too much MDPV too often. The control I had over the drug dissolved. I had my first and only Maniac episode. Cops intervened, Wife ready to leave me, Lost my job, almost lost my house and car and wound up being thrown into a mental hospital for awhile (not my first time, but the first time I truly NEEDED it.)

So I quit. It took every fiber of my being to do so. Because I didn't want to quit.... I just had to because using drugs doesn't work for me anymore. Every since my Maniac episode I have zero control over most drugs whereas before I would become addicted but I could at least keep it a secret, and function well in life. Not anymore. I Still relapse from time to time but I am trying to live a sober life. I hate life like this but what am I gonna do?

I put this here as a warning for all. Some people cannot handle drugs. Some people decide they dont care and choose not to control it. You won't know what it will be like for until you try it either... Odds are most won't have the complete lack of control, like me, but some will. Just something to keep in mind.

I am such a loser.

Brief Background
I started off at the ripe age of 14, booze and bud found its way into my life. I had this oversized snowboarding jacket with a huge rip in the back that I would shove deucers of beer into to get me and all my friends drunk. I developed an everyday smoking habit, from walking to the bus stop in the morning to the wee hours of the night before sleep took me. The first time I ever smoked weed was in a school bathroom, which happened to be IN the lunch room (while lunch was IN SESSION %),) I walked out in a cloud of smoke to my principal, security guard and school dean! From then on trouble ensued, from suspensions to frequent stunts in the King County Jail, my attitude: fuck the law, I'm doing what I want. I tried damn near every drug in the book by the time I dropped out of school, was hired and fired from half a dozen jobs by the time I was 21, and most recently, laid off from my two year scaffolding gig that was paying me damn near $30/hr. I picked up a nice little pill habit once I met my lady, it started during super bowl 46 with her dad crushing up a nice little green perc 15 for me to suck up my nose. 15 minutes and a couple pukes later. GATTTDAMMMIT did I feel good 8o, little did I know what this would lead me to :|. For a couple years I dabbled in the world of painkillers, occasionally buying a perc 30 or two, maybe an OC 40 when they were around and enjoying them a whole lot. Come Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, no percs to be found? Hello Heroin! Boy did I feel at home when I tagged that foil. Ya'll know how the story goes, once a week, twice a week, every other day, everyday, oops I'm addicted, withdrawals, can't stop, smoking ain't doing it no more, hello needle! Have you met me veins? The two of you might really get along. Here I am nearly 9 months later, not strung out, not sober, my needle finds its a way into my veins once in the morning and once at night, just to keep the ol' shakes and shits away. I'm trying to lead a productive life, exercising, reading, even developing my own clothing company. Still I find myself a slave to the needle, however mildly so. I feel like a fucking pussy for kneeling to this brown lump of shit, yet I can't envision a life without it. I'm a bit thick headed, maybe one day i'll see the light. For now? hmm, where'd I put my syringe?
Substance(s)
mainly marijuana, alcohol, painkillers, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin
from age 14-22(present)
Adverse Effects
a few close calls in which I thought my heart was going to stop beating, countless court fees and money spent, jail time, destroyed relationships, bad health, and worst of all, lack of prior motivation and confidence, I feel like I lost myself and am no longer "ME"
Warnings and Advice
I find myself constantly asking myself what if? what if I never discovered this black lump which I stick into my veins. Where would I be? How has this impacted my life. Does my girl know when she looks into my pinned out eyes, what about my sweet mother, what would she do if she walked in on me shooting dope? I honestly wish I never put that tar smoke in my lungs, I am in to deep and I fear this addiction will be with me the remainder of my life. Think! Think before you try Heroin, is the life you want to lead compatible with smoking/shooting dope, is it going to benefit you in any way? This shit will sneak up on you in the coldest way, that's Heroins dirtiest trick, pulling you in slowly, thinking you have complete control until that day you realize you've already been trapped. Oh boy did it get me.
Miscellaneous
Good luck bluelighters! This is my first post, so cheers, happy holidays and keep a smile on your face, life has a funny way of working itself out. ;)

Pls help me I'm so confused. I'm having trouble posting this anywhere. I need any info/advice on Glue Sniffing. For 6mos I've sniffed a specific type of contact cement glue w toluene. At first I felt great, lately feel sick, head heavy, air on brain, etc. I only sniff about a 1/4 of tube a day via a rag, never a bag. Pls help me with advice, long term effects, personal stories,etc

has anyone tried l-tyrosine to help with meth recovery. if so which brand did you find was the best?

Pls help me I'm so confused. I'm having trouble posting this anywhere. I need any info/advice on Glue Sniffing. For 6mos I've sniffed a specific type of contact cement glue w toluene. At first I felt great, lately feel sick, head heavy, air on brain, etc. I only sniff about a 1/4 of tube a day via a rag, never a bag. Pls help me with advice, long term effects, personal stories,etc

Wrong place for this, but you are KILLING YOURSELF. Stop now.

i just wanna say thanks to everyone posting their experiences, its been an eye opener for me. its not going to make me stop, addiction is a bitch, but if/when i do decide to stop, these stories will definitely play a part in helping me. all i wanna say now is that where i am right now shows that addiction can get u over and over again regardless of ur past. u see, an uncle is who introduced me to crack cocaine at 14, and who i ended up losing my virginity to for more crack. a year and a half later i knew i had to stop or i was on a path of destroying my life. so i did, quit just like that and stayed clean until 18. but from 18-23 i still didnt have any problems with addiction. id do lsd or mdma once every few months, thats it. ud think from my past id never go down a road like that again, having learned my lesson before even turning 16. ud be wrong. from my experience with crack, i knew from hearing about what meth was like that id love it, so i told myself i wudnt try it unless i was at a stage in my life that didnt have any priorities i cud end up ruining. well i was nearing the end of my degree and knew friends who did meth, so i decided when i turned 23, 4 months before ending uni, id try it, but if things got out of hand id quit before i turned 24. yeah right. one thing i didnt factor in about having no big reason to quit, is that there is no real reason to want to stop... so here i am, yet again with an addiction of nearly a year and a half, with no plans of stopping. my life right now makes me want to stop even less. ive managed to find a 'glamourous drug lifestyle' this time around. im deep in the cities drug circles, no such thing as paying street price for me, its free or at least cheaper. i deal a RC that is big here (dont wanna say what, cud possibly give my identity away) and triple my money on every gram i sell which easily pays for my meth habit and what ever else i want, but even if i choose not to do this i get as much meth as i want cuz ive dated meth dealers ever since i started (only two people, my current partner and my ex, just so u guys know lol). so its always around, either free or at basically half price what the average person pays, and always the best thats around at the moment. so why stop? i dont think any addicts stop when they're at their prime, only when everything falls apart or theres a wake up call motivating them to quit. i partially wish something like that wud happen, of course i dont want this to be my life. i have two damn degrees! i cud be someone so much more. but on the other hand, i damn well love where i am right now as far as being a drug addict thrill/danger/curiosity seeker goes. which is why these stories mean a lot to me. it reminded me that where i am right now wont last, and if i were wise i shud get out now before the downfall happens.

I'm in a little concern for myself. This is only the third time me using methamphetamine and my first two times were 5 to 6 day binges. My third time actually started off as any other. I started about 6pm on a Wednesday and I was awake til about 1pm Saturday straight. When I binge I only hit about a 1 inch line 2 times a day (both are usually in the evening time after 6 and another about 3 am) but instead of sleeping all day I ended up waking up Sunday about 6 am. So I hit a line. (I wanted to try only hitting one line in the morning so maybe I could sleep better at night). It works for me. I get 5 to 8 hours sleep doing so. I've been doing that for 3 days now. I'm have about 2 days left, is this the beginning of addiction? I don't feel the need to take it. I don't have to have it performs and I'm just still going bc I've made it last. Also what will the comedown be like when I finally stop? Any different from being up all day and night?

I've abused/been addicted to everything from stimulants and opiates to empathogens and benzos. Etizolam was by far the most damaging drug I've ever abused. It caused a black depression while on it and an even worse feeling during withdrawal. During my short run with The 'Tiz, I lost all social drive and became physically sick with weird symptoms like constipation and worsening endometriosis pain. I became manic (I'm not bipolar but felt like it) and would stay up for 2-3 days until I was visually hallucinating. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the drug was causing this whole-body shutdown because it impaired my cognition so much. But after 10 months of daily abuse, I couldn't stomach another pill so I quit cold turkey.

The first 3 days consisted of vertigo so bad I couldn't lift my head off the ground, along with panic-level anxiety, depersonalization and a near-total break with reality. I didn't sleep more than 2 hours in 4 days, and when I did sleep the nightmares were so bad I woke up with my heart racing. I'd jerk awake every 5 minutes throughout the night as if I'd been kicked in the stomach, even making an audible "hmph!" sound like I was retching. Good times.

Fast forward 2 years and I'm still dealing with side effects of etizolam. My sex drive is 100% dead, I've gained 20 lbs I can't lose and have lost the ability to fall asleep AT ALL without a sleep aid like Benadryl. (I was a daily nap taker all my life. Not anymore). I'd say I'm 80% healed after 2+ years clean, which is not very good. I attempted suicide twice during withdrawal because the feeling was too much to take. Oh, and the worst part: no drug or supplement alleviates the misery. Valerian root, Lortab, kava, lemon balm and any other depressant I tried only triggered panic during benzo withdrawal.

TL;DR - Benzo withdrawal is like a 2-year panic attack with a side of dementia and soul-crushing depression. You lose the ability to experience pleasure, which is the scariest feeling in the world. Pleasure is what drives us as human beings to do, well, anything. Benzo withdrawal short circuits the reward pathways in your brain so everything seems pointless and hopeless. It trumps every other kind of withdrawal in both severity and duration. It can kill you in more ways than one.

I have been using meth for 6 weeks. I have enough for a couple of lines, for 3 days. I don't feel bad physically when it is gone, but do think abt it a lot. Is this a binge? I know I could be if not already addicted. I am 67 yrs old live with my husband in the county. I don't have to worry when I sleep or go to work? If I keeping going like I am will I get meth mouth and all those terrible pictures I see? My ROA is oral, is it the least addictive way to
take meth? I have takenother drugs, opiates for pain, clonipin for anxiety. My health care provider says I am a model patient as I never need an early refill, but I do abuse then. Any input to my meth use