• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Former hashish smoker gone Vaporist after years of being "sober"

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Salutations everyone,

My old affair with hashish smoking became history in 2007 when i decided to quit, because i couldn't enjoy it anymore; that was before my initiation on February 15, two years ago. So the late St-Valentin week sort of has been one of rememberances for me as that's an anniversary i value a lot, simply because without vapour there just wouldn't be any noble Cannabis molecules in my life anymore.

Please allow me to show you my tool, an HerbalAire 2.1 - very versatile if you see what i mean:

11b5jxc.jpg

I'm registered on various systems so it's not too hard to notice me around. It's a nice thing that Google finally took me here as i sure like finding new cannabic ressources! Now the digging may begin...

=D

Last edited:
Hi,

M'yeah, thanks! Somewhat "creative" hey?!...

15.gif

But rest reassured: that was only an experiment as i don't do this every day!!

=D

Welcome to bL. Looking like you should fit right in over at Cannabis Discussion. If you have any questions about how the site functions, don't hesitate to ask.

Salutations Bronson,

Thank you. In the begining i'll probably want to share some old photograph sets, preferably in some albums section if i find one of course. Please be patient with me as learning curves need to be easy on me these days! ;) It is my understanding that the BlueLight forums hosts advocates of recreative and/or medicinal use including soberty so i guess i'd be walking on eggs if i were not careful enough. That may require an additional amount of familiarisation on my side but you'll probably see me around one of those, in addition:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/161-Healthy-Living
Healthy Living

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/178-Science-amp-Technology
Science & Technology

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/127-Film-amp-Television
Film & Television

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/138-North-amp-South-American-Social-amp-Drug-Discussion
North & South American Social & Drug Discussion

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/552110-Acid-in-Canada
Acid In Canada

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/144-Harm-Reduction
Harm Reduction

103.gif

Last edited:
Salutations,

Quite lately i was reading comments which make me want to post this:

2mhbxxy.jpg

Call it my "junkie corner" if you will but NO, nothing shown in this picture is for sale and neither do i even benefit from writing about it...

104.gif

...and, believe it or not... It IS 100 % HARM REDUCTION related since i've quit smoking long ago and now i prefer to VAPORIZE exclusively!! I do appreciate this alternative cannabis consumption method a lot and i trust that thanks ot it i'll boldly go where i've never been before as a smoker - hence my urge to share the good news by promoting vaporism to all of our cannabic brothers who could be possibly interested, or simply curious, etc!

6.gif

Last edited:
I also got a vaporizer in the past 3-4 months and it has been everything as advertised. Im not sure if you still smoke hash or not but if that one is anything like the volcano vape I dont think you are supposed to put just hash in there.

Either way that thing looks pretty legit

Salutations Shimazu,

...not sure if you still smoke hash...

No, i must admit i've lost most of my interest in hashish when i quit smoking. Not being able to supply it autonomously the quality of street stuff became a source of worry to me so i didn't mind about it again when i finally discovered the world of vaporism. My HerbalAire won't get very hot but i still can vape hashish in some satisfying manner if i must, using an absorbant substrate (mutiple screens or dried leaves) so the oven will remain clean... It worked before with good results although not ideal, IMO.

Here's my vaporist "arsenal" including what's going to be a "Plan-B" (on the left side):

x6n1ie.jpg
axgn4n.gif
ac7b49.jpg

=D

The "ritual" while using this slightly adapted VaporGenie pipe is manageable for me while for my wireless sessions i couldn't really envision myself relying on the VG configured as sold: its mouthpiece got too hot for my taste (way out of my own comfort zone in any case!)... PVC tubing removes that deterrent effectively and renders the whole experience significantly more enjoyable. With the HA + VG duo as a basis i'm confident i can cover practically all of my needs and i'm looking forward for new tests considering this wooden VG of mine happens to be a fresh acquisition.

One of the things i'm most curious/enthousiastic about could be reclaiming via my HA from some spent VG load which still has green tones present after i empty my VG bowl. Because of its great extraction power the HerbalAire should make it unnecessary/undesirable to vaporize until herbs turn dark brown in my wood vaporist pipe: i'll confess i much prefer the prospect of enjoying a few tokes on fresh cannabis with that one in my veranda - and then a HA bag or else shall capture the rest later.

The way i see this it's sure going to become a greatly appreciated team, as far as i'm concerned!!

79.gif

but i still can vape hashish in some satisfying manner if i must, using an absorbant substrate (mutiple screens or dried leaves) so the oven will remain clean... It worked before with good results although not ideal, IMO.

yeah I have done that too, but I'm not sure if I'm getting the most out of it like that so I usually just wind up smoking any hash I come across. I do put kief in there sometimes though and I feel like that works just as good as ground up nugs but you just gotta put it in after the nugs so it lays on top.

and yeah I got a ziploc bag full of vaped buds I'm just saving for when I make brownies. It's a good way to keep track of how much you vape too.

Hi again Shimazu,

I do put kief in there sometimes though and I feel like that works just as good as ground up nugs but you just gotta put it in after the nugs so it lays on top.

That passage reminds me of another feature i get by combining the HA and VG together as a team: the VaporGenie wooden pipe appears to work best with powdered flowers stuff but it no longer matters with my HerbalAire since that one will accept whole nuggets without any need to "stirr" at all (though it may not be an optimal thing to do in terms of vapour/air ratio).

...I got a ziploc bag full of vaped buds I'm just saving for when I make brownies...

I've started evaluating oral ingestion as well and my 1st sucessful attempts were with chocolate milk, then i found a local supplier of USDA "Organic" coconut oil in addition to soy lecithin, so i couldn't resist the urge to experiments once more... As soon as i got my hands on virgin capsules, as one can imagine:

14nojsn.jpg

I find edibles can prove to be quite handy under certain circumstances. While traveling for example, or during an episode with respiratory issues, etc. If cannabis were available as lettuce i'd probably wander half-way between oral ingestion and vapour inhalation but lets say i feel the later option may have an edge relatively to cost and conveniency.

=D

yeah im not near as extensive with my stuff as you, but I do like reading about it.

and I was under the impression making cannabutter would be the simplest way to extract any leftover thc or other cannabinoids (spell check doesnt have that word wtf its making me 2nd guess my spelling)

Salutation Mr.Scagnattie,
Hi there, Shimazu!

You sound like quite the connoisseur.

Yet that's very far from reality, on the contrary! Age doesn't make wise, knowledge hardly renders intelligent at all... Perhaps it's relents of passion that gave you this impression but i feel i must be clear about it sir: the day you'll see me pose as a member of what i used to call the "guru" clan please remember that this day is most likely a result of imposture or i've been lobotomized or something!! In fact, if there's anything i write that gives you a cause for concern then i'd wish to welcome input showing me the required adjustments to make!...

77.gif

...not near as extensive with my stuff as you...

Sorry Shimazu, it's entirely possible i get a bit too direct or i'd think a bit intense. Well, i'm not eternal and i'd rather not spend a couple years around just to feel comfortable. Please receive the expression of my sincere apologies if i sounded somewhat full of myself, sometimes i can be over-preemptive i'm afraid! ...and obviously carried away while "testing" at times...

69.gif

...I was under the impression making cannabutter would be the simplest way to extract any leftover...

Now this is funny as it seemed to me that cannabutter was more involving than mere chocolate milk. Hummm... The things i yet have to try!!

...to try and/or to read, since i do enjoy finding useful cannabis-related information as well.

4.gif

While i'm at it i'd wish to illustrate a recent adventure of mine which turned into a fiasco, plain & flat:

15dsyt5.jpg

Starting with 172 g of deeply spent HerbalAire matter i only obtained about 0.5 g of an extract having a strong smell of tar, exactly as from an ashtray... No joy there!!

This tends to suggest that my extraction doesn't leave much behind to reclaim from unless it's from purified condensed cannabic vapour as routinely collected from my glass Arizer Solo (3rd-party) accessory for the HA vaporizer. I've also given capsules a try using such ABV instead of the more noble substance but to no end. Now that i'm generating ABV with green spots around it's revealing a somewhat renewed perspective to me. I still have QWET extraction in mind, possibly combined to water-curing once again, if necessary (see picture of 1st attempt above)...

105.gif

This could take a very long while though...

Nearly half a year i'd say!

40.gif

Last edited:
Salutations FuelMeOnce,

Thank you, i loved playing with my LEGOs when i was a young teenager. I guess that ought to show up somehow...

103.gif

I just read some of your posts as I came back from a little break and I must admit i'm happy to see a fellow Quebecer with such knowledge. That missed me since the last one I connected with left the forum!

Have a great stay on bluelight Egzoset :)

P.S. You'll mainly find me in the Cannabis discussion subdivision!%)

Salutations H.,

...happy to see a fellow Quebecer...

I' ve counted 3 so far, me included. Maybe we've been relatively close neighbours in the past!

...such...

Well, thanks for the compliment but lets just take care to repeat (see Msg #13) that i'm still on a learning curve trying to undo some mistakes and commit some good new ones (given the opportunity!)...

Have a great stay... You'll mainly find me in the Cannabis discussion subdivision!

I appreciate the gesture, expect to read me there on occasions since i like Cannabis, Vaporizer and related topics. Under the HR umbrella, in my own manner...

=D

Salutations,

This DIY Project was launched 5-yrs ago, on March 18, 2013. Time to revisit, conclude and declare SOLVED/LOCKED.

Egzoset_s_Cust._Bronze_Sherlock_VG_Pipe_-_Labelled_2018-_Mar-11.png

Consider duplication followed by serious/involved Peer Review or just don't bother.

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif