• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IVing Shake-N-Bake Meth

A

anon1264

I've shot it before without any serious issues, except for when I missed the shot; my hand swelled up like a balloon. But I'm about to get some in a little while and I'm just wondering, how dangerous is IVing meth made via the shake-n-bake method? I've searched on here and good, and couldn't find any useful info, so any help would be great.

I've shot it before without any serious issues, except for when I missed the shot; my hand swelled up like a balloon. But I'm about to get some in a little while and I'm just wondering, how dangerous is IVing meth made via the shake-n-bake method? I've searched on here and good, and couldn't find any useful info, so any help would be great.

I realize this is extremely old but ill answer for anyone else who might find it useful.
I would not IV that. It's dirty and very low quality. Probably incredibly unsafe.

^ How would you go about washing/purifying the meth that has accumulated to a substance thats clean enough where you would happily bang it?

Wow I was so confused looking at the date this was created and heroinking's response date. Ive just heard of this Shake n bake Meth stuff. Never done another drug besides pot but it's funny ti read about all these other things!

^ How would you go about washing/purifying the meth that has accumulated to a substance thats clean enough where you would happily bang it?

There are two basic steps: acid-base extraction and recrystallization. In acid-base extraction, the product (usually a basic alkaloid-like thing, e.g. DMT) is dissolved in acidic water and filtered to remove residue. Then a base is added, and the product generally comes out of solution, forming a cloudy mess; then a non-polar solvent is added (usually stirred a little too), which dissolves the product and forms a separate layer (phase); these are separated and the product is removed from the NP solvent-phase by evaporation or acidification with e.g. tartaric acid. The principle is that impurities which do not have the typical acid-base behavior of methamphetamine will be lost during the process: either they remain in the water phase after basifying, or they remain in the nonpolar phase after acidifying, or they were filtered from the acidic water before beginning.

In recrystallization, one prepares as concentrated of a solution as one can muster of the substance in a hot solvent or solvent mixture, such as ethanol/water. The idea is to use as little solvent per gram of substance as possible; things usually dissolve easier when they're warm. Then the solution is cooled, and the solubility of the product in the solvent decreases, causing it to crystallize. This is most effective if the crystallization is slow, so in general one performs the rextal'n in a very clean glass without disturbing it. The principle is that the desired compound is present in large amounts, and so will exceed solubility limits (supersaturation) when the solution is cooled, but impurities are present in small amounts, and so will not become supersaturated when the solution is cooled -- they will remain in the solvent, leaving behind a cleaner product. Since this depends on the assumption that there is only a small amount of impurity, rextal'n is generally effective only for things which are already reasonably pure. Sometimes the recrystallization is repeated multiple times.

Recrystallization is pretty easy, but it depends fundamentally on already having something mostly pure. Please keep this in mind.

One could imagine purifying crude meth -- or even desomorphine -- by these processes, but I wouldn't be happy to bang it; I don't think I'd ever want to inject methamphetamine at all. I hope this rather detailed explanation of purification does not violate any rules.

If you have no experience with this sort of thing, I would strongly recommend against attempting any purification procedure with an eye to injecting the result. It's better to find someone who sells a clean product, even if you have to pay more for it, or you'll end up paying a whole lot more in the long run.

No. Don't even attempt this. As the lithium strip acts as a catalyst the gas (hydrochloric acid fumes,I I think) are created and if not vetted as they are created, how would you open the extinguisher? Yeah an acid bath ,remember anhydrous. Then you're back to cooking and the results are fires and explosion.
I've seen people shoot shakenbake but I wouldn't. Put it in a carbonated beverage and drink it.

The question about the fire extinguisher method is facing away from BL policies since we know nothing about federal crimes such as what you're talking about.

as to the OP question I agree it's true SnB meth can be filtered in several stages before final washing with acetone, and when it comes to that you can go crystalized as mentioned before or else hit the powder on its own. And there are many many way to cut corners on every step of this to leave you with a clean white powder that still leaves a significant residue on the foil, and many ways to do it right but there's still something fishy about it. But perhaps someone who is selling it takes the time and proper care to make a more marketable product, otherwise the fast and go SnB that i know for a fact people are taking can be dirtier than shit -- lithium, ammonium nitrate, all that shit.
If you're skeptical, dry some acetone properly and do your own wash. that's par with what I'd expect is avg. street clean