Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

100 mg 5-MAPB; first time; blackout

Dresden

Bluelighter
My package finally came last Saturday, and I snorted 10 mg and put the other 90 in a gel cap and swallowed. This was just before noon. The 5-MAPB hit me hard and fast with a strong entactogenic feeling, but i had trouble staying awake. The feeling was that of some kind of digital ecstasy if you will but without the urge to dance or talk much. It lasted 4 to 8 hours. After about 6 hours, my parents got home, and my father accused me of being on drugs when I saw him the next morning. It also turned out that I had a blackout; I called my sister at 11 pm and told her, "We're gonna put grandma on the bunny slopes." I have no recollection of saying that to her. Finally, at 2 in the morning I called my dad while I was asleep even though we were both at home.

All in all it was a good experience, a good roll, but 5-MAPB while a good, very good even, drug won't replace MDMA in my mind's estimation. If I did it again, I want 250 mg next time. Also, the blackout has hints of neurotoxicity. Proceed with caution.

This is such a strange thing this 5 MAPB and the other 2 Benzo's 5 APB and 6 APB.

I mean me I am kinda curious, but I have plenty of 25 i so I can't see going there just yet. I mean as a former raver it sounds interesting, but the side effects tend to make me rather warry as I read though more and more.

MDMA always gave me a bummer hang over when I was younger, even good LSD gave me a wired strange feel the next day, but 25 i thus far cept for a tinly lil bit of cold feet ( the first time .... corrected with elevated magnesium levels ) really hasn't had any negative effects esspecially the following day. Now granted I have only taken 3 trips on it in 3 months so I am by no way shape or form a good example of extended use.

At first reading about 5 MAPB I was like oh yeah.... this should be the 2nd RC I look into for my wife and I. But I don't want to feel crunchy because of it. Being an E tard sucks and this stuff seems like it has the same potencial.

I mean the serotonin rush felt like high fidelity mdma. It was very clean and strong. I would have said better than ecstasy even except I kept falling asleep (not enough stimulation), music didn't sound better in particular, and there was no urge to dance.

5-MAPB does not top MDMA in my opinion for those reasons, but it is an interesting--if potentially dangerous--drug.

I think most people who are turning to research chemicals (or pharmaceuticals) are doing so because pure, desirable street drugs such as MDMA, cocaine, and methamphetamine are harder to find than ever and more cut too in most places.

I think most people who are turning to research chemicals (or pharmaceuticals) are doing so because pure, desirable street drugs such as MDMA, cocaine, and methamphetamine are harder to find than ever and more cut too in most places.

Couldn't agree more, I never would have taken RC's if I had been able to get good MDMA. I'm curious what the next wave of U.S. drug legislation will be, and what people will subsequently invent to get around the law. It would be cool if completely new classes of drugs were invented as a result. As opposed to just another pyrovalerone substitution.

In some cases...there are a number of research chemicals that I prefer to their schedule 1 counterparts.

ebola

In my opinion, JWH-250, JWH-073, mephedrone, and alpha-PVP were winners while JWH-018, MDPV, DPMP, MXE (dissociatives are hard on my mental health although I love them), and bromo-dragonfly (never tried it, thank God) were too potent for their own good. None of the 2C's made me trip very hard at all, and I have never had a chance to take DOB and friends.

The main reason I ordered 5-MAPB is that I can't get real MDMA anymore, and I think methylone molly sucks compared to the real thing. In the nineties we had meth, lsd, ketamine, mdma, and cocaine; now we have a smorgasbord of barely-legal replacements.

I want to order 3,4-dichlorothreomethylphenidate, but knowing me I would do way more than the recommended 5 mg at a time, so that's probably not a good idea. After trying 5-MABP, I don't really see what the big fuss is about. It's better than methylone but not as good as MDMA.

I would like to see 3,4-dichloro-methamphetamine.hcl and 3,4,5-trichloroamphetamine.hcl pop up. The neurotoxicity case against aromatic chlorinated amphetamines is no better than the case against MDMA. Haldol, many benzodiazepines, Zyrtec, Wellbutrin, Zoloft--you name it--all have chlorinated benzene rings.

Now that I think about it, MXE is definitely a winner too--it's just that I personally can't handle it.

Last edited:
What does this mean?

Oh dear. Calling these drugs "benzos" will only confuse the shit out of people.

ebola

Yeah, remembered i buyed benzo fury and when it arrived i find out it wasnt benzo at all.

Yeah, remembered i buyed benzo fury and when it arrived i find out it wasnt benzo at all.

he was referring to confusion by calling them "benzos" because people will think of benzodiazepines because they've had the nickname of "benzos" for many years. i mean, nobody calls mda/mdma/methylone/mdai "methylenedioxys", it's probably best to stick with the alphanumeric acronym to avoid confusion IE: 5-apdb, 5-mapd, 6-apb, etc.

The 5-MAPB hit me hard and fast with a strong entactogenic feeling, but i had trouble staying awake.

After about 6 hours, my parents got home, and my father accused me of being on drugs when I saw him the next morning.

It also turned out that I had a blackout; I called my sister at 11 pm and told her, "We're gonna put grandma on the bunny slopes." I have no recollection of saying that to her.

Finally, at 2 in the morning I called my dad while I was asleep even though we were both at home.

All in all it was a good experience, a good roll, but 5-MAPB.

Proceed with caution.

Good read. Not sure why but the lines I selected above made me howl with laughter.

I think that's true of a lot of people, but, like ebola, I prefer certain "research chemicals" to any schedule 1 substances. DOC comes to mind, as well as some of the tryptamines. Some tryptamines, such as DPT, are incredibly unique compounds that have as much potential as any of the "regular" drugs such as LSD and mescaline. Another example is 2C-E. I have achieved more powerful psychedelic effects from 2C-E than almost any other drug. I prefer MXE to ketamine as well.

Some of the schedule 1, established drugs are only that way because of chance. LSD happened to be discovered and ingested, but it could have been LSZ or AL-LAD or some other lysergamide. Same with MDMA, there are many, many empathogens but MDMA happened to catch on. Some drugs became well-known and popular for obvious reasons because they are present in nature, such as 4-HO-DMT and mescaline.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I liked a-pvp as well as I like cocaine, for example.

You see, reports like this have me scared of 5-MAPB... It seems to get the most complaints of all the APB's, makes me wonder if it produces any toxic metabolites. Even with that said I'm stubborn so I'll bite the bullet and consume my sample, though it will be a one time thing and I don't have any plans to consume it in the near future, especially since that same order is gonna be containing 6-APB. Also I'm gonna go out and say that if I had to choose whether or not to live with RC/legal plants or street drugs I'd choose the former anyday. The only two irreplacable street drugs for me are LSD and Cannabis... everything else I can either live without or replace with a superior RC or botanical IMO. I've also never consumed any lysergamides besides LSA and LSD so who knows, maybe I can replace LSD with AL LAD ir something...