• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien first-time safe dosage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobeBryant

Bluelighter
Got 10mg Ambien pills (TEVA 74)

Never done ambien ever before

Should I only take 5mg at first? :?

I hear these things could give you a really nice feeling..just want to be safe and not remember much. Was reading that some people who took 10 sometimes don't remember much but only remember being very euphoric if they stayed up on it.

Thanks in advance

If 10mg is the genuine pharmaceutical dose then you probably don't need to go any lower. You could try 10mg and see how it is. If it's alright, take 15mg next time and see how it goes. If you still aren't satisfied, gradually go up. If you have to go up a large amount and you still don't like it I'd recommend you just give up on it, it may not be the right drug for you.

If you do have a good experience make sure to come back and tell us how it went. :) Remember not to increment the doses too quickly either.

10mg would be a good dose to start with, 5mg would work if you just wanted to sleep and had no tolerance whatsoever but for recreational use, just take the whole pill.

It affects different people very differently. I would recommend NOT using it recreationally, there are many threads detailing why it's a bad idea, but if you are going to do it anyway I don't see anything wrong with starting low and going with 5mg for your first time just to be on the safe side, since you don't know how it will affect you. There are a significant number of people who have trouble even staying awake from 10mg or will just black out and not remember what happened. (On the other hand there are a number of people that find it not to do a whole lot for them. Go figure :) )

I take it just about daily at this point. Regardless of why you are taking it, there are a few rules to ALWAYS follow. Take it on an empty stomach. Give yourself a good 30-45 mins wait if you have just chowed down. Never ever ever take it with alcohol. Ok that one again, never ever ever with alcohol. 10mg is your standard prescribed dose. So do that and nothing else. See how you feel. For many people this is enough as a good recreational dose as well. The biggest most BIGGEST BOLDED CAPITALIZED rule on my list is DO NOT TAKE AMBIEN AND THEN LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. Just don't. Don't take it at a party. Don't take it out on a walk. Don't hop in your car. Be home, be safe, lock the doors and chill out. This drug affects everyone differently and until you know what it does to you, give yourself a fluffy cushion of safeness. If you truly need it to sleep, take the sucker on that empty tummy, wait about 15 mins and hop in bed. You will be out like a light. If you are interested in seeing its recreational effects. Do the same but don't hop in bed. Watch some tv or sit on the computer. Do not re-dose. DO NOT drink alcohol. Don't get in the shower or anything where u can be a stumbly retard and fall. Just hang out. The next day, see what you remember. Are you one of those who took it and blacked out and now all u remember is taking the pill itself or can you remember being up and about and doing things? Now you know how it affects you. The rules stay the same though. The only thing you can change after a while is the dosage. If you want and have been taking it a while and have built up a tolerance to it, go another half pill. Go slow. For me at least, Ambien tolerance built up slowly. Daily for a long time before I started increasing to 20. And I still don't always need that much. Last night I took 10, messed around on the computer for a few hrs, ate a bunch of crap I shouldn't have and then passed out in bed. It makes u eat btw. >.> Also if you have issues with depression, it can exacerbate this quite a bit after regular use. So keep tabs on how you are feeling. You may need a break from it once in a while. I do so myself. Anyway, that's about the best advice I can give. Hope it helps.

I am a daily Ambien user as well, have been for years. When I first started, I was getting some nice, trippy visuals off of 5mg on an empty stomach...nothing earth shattering, just like a few trails accompanied by some minor euphoria.

Unfortunately it didn't take that long for my tolerance to escalate, but it was fun when I first started.

I have to agree that it is NOT a good idea to leave the house AT ALL. I have done a lot of stupid shit that way.

Have fun,

Peace,

C.

Thanks Ahh can't decide 5mg or the whole 10mg.

I don't want to black out but then again I want to feel safe doing it "recreational" not for sleep.

I'm prescribed ambien 10mg generic ones from the VA. Take 10mg and go with it. If you just wanna test the water take 5mg. You'll know you took to much if you wake up from a blackout with the fridge wide open and chip crumbs all over the place. Be safe and hide your keys. Don't end up one of those stories of people who drive and like run people over on the sidewalk and not remember it. I consider ambien very poor for recreation. I got like 8 full bottles of 30 tabs each just cause i keep getting em free from the good ol va. I rarely rarely take em. Trust me, if i liked the effects of em. I wouldn't have so many stocked up.

Always reminds me of the Ambien Walrus comics. The Ambien Walrus' motto is "come with me on an adventure you'll never remember".

NSFW:
ambien-walrus-and-the-cookies.gif

its-the-ambien-walrus-again.gif

^Don't listen to him.

The biggest most BIGGEST BOLDED CAPITALIZED rule on my list is DO NOT TAKE AMBIEN AND THEN LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. Just don't. Don't take it at a party. Don't take it out on a walk. Don't hop in your car. Be home, be safe, lock the doors and chill out.
^Sound advice.

Last edited:
Will - I notice some people tend to not like it but then others say they get a very happy feeling similar to a small dose of opiates?

Ambien isn't a very interesting sedative, half life is much too short. Don't take more than 10mg.

Well I think I am going to go with a 5mg dose as I am now running into a lot of experiences of "amnesia" feeling with people taking 10mg.... Definitely don't want to black out but will I still feel good or have the "recreational" dose and be safe?

i would take 5 then if you feel like taking more then take another 5. Remember, you can always take more, but you cannot take less.

i dont know how people take over 10 and then start combining it with opiates and shit. i took 15 once and couldnt even walk in a straight line much less hold a conversation. i was always ok at 10. i would be fucked up but i could associate with people. 5 gets me good and i can function fairly well but i prefer 10.

Thanks for the helpful advice. If I didn't ask I probably would of end up doing one whole pill, instead I think i'll start at 5mg(half) after watching videos on youtube where people were on ambien and they DON'T ever remember recording it. Most of them were only on one (10mg) pill... Really sketches me out, but I got a few and people seem to be engulfed in happiness(euphoria) some love ambien, some don't. I think the people that don't are the ones that took too much their first time and don't remember a thing, where's the ones who first did loved it and felt a lot of joy and remembered it. I believe they had the right dosage for themselves, again everyone's body is different.

Think after watching all these videos made my decision to take only half. THANKS

I would personally go with 10mg as opposed to 5mg, but I also understand it from a HR point of view. The amnesia side effect is very prominent with zolpidem hah.

I used to have a script for the 10mg zolpidem tartrate (generic Ambien). Once I built a decent tolerance for it, I actually came to appreciate the subtle, strange, and dreamlike euphoria. I would get that odd sensation like other people or my friends were in the room with me. I'll never forget how strange that was haha. Of course, I was eventually downing 40-60mg doses with surprisingly manageable amnesic effects, as in I could recall the "high" and the night before with ease. I definitely don't recommend taking doses like that, but that's just what I had to take to achieve the odd Ambien euphoria I was after.

Other people in the room? I know exactly what your talking about. I came to the realization that the shadow people are friendly. All the time i experienced minor trippy things like that. But the shadow people were the most memorable thing for me. Glad to see im not the only one who experienced that! ::straight jacket time::

Got 10mg Ambien pills (TEVA 74)

Never done ambien ever before

Should I only take 5mg at first? :?

I hear these things could give you a really nice feeling..just want to be safe and not remember much. Was reading that some people who took 10 sometimes don't remember much but only remember being very euphoric if they stayed up on it.

Thanks in advance

What's happening Kobe~! You know, if you have a game to play tomorrow, I wouldn't take very much. You might not score your 30 points and the Lakers really do need you. Rock on!

Will and hang your head, exaclty. Those talking to your shawdow creeps me the F out. lol I think i'll start with 5mg after hearing that. That's creepy.

Beach - All Star break bro...;)

I just started a new question to see if it was safe to take 5mg of ambien or .25-.5 mg of xanax, 4-5 hours after taking a 10mg oxycodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.