• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone and Tylenol

Long Lou

Greenlighter
So when I snort a Percocet I'm snorting oxycodone with tylenol in it. When I snort a Roxy I'm taking oxycodone without tylenol.As far as I know, it is added to increase the effect of opiates. Most people dislike the tylenol. It's bad for your liver, it burns your nose if you're not used to it and it adds extra powder to your line. I understand those concerns. It doesn't really bother me that much. The thing is, the Percocet hits harder and lasts longer than the Roxy's at equal, or roughly equal dosages. I was wondering if when I take a Roxy, if I add a tylenol orally, or even nasally, will I end up with the same effect as I would if I took a Percocet? It seems like it would work, but I don't know for sure. I'm probably gonna try it later, as I can only get the Roxy's right now, and would like the longer lasting effect of the Percocet.

Snorting oxy is very wasteful. It has a MUCH better oral bioavailability. That being said, I like snorting roxy too. I've personally never found any benefit from the Tylenol. I thought it only increased analgesia and decreased abuse potential.

Tylenol does generally not push the strength of the oxy up. Its not commonly known to 'potentiate' in any recognizable way. Its there to produce other pain relieving NSAID effects (Tylenol is Acetaminophen, a NSAID). Its also in the percs and hydros to help eliminate abuse. If you can handle snorting acetaminophen then the effects will be greater because the bio-availability of oxy is greater when snorted. However, this is a nasty practice, even many hard core opiate users will just swallow rather than snort. Excess acetaminophen can make your attempts at getting high a bummer. Stomach issues, nasal issues, liver issues.

Snorting oxy is not wasteful as long as its pure roxicodone, check your bio-availability stats, I think its 20 or 30 percent more. Its just that snorting Percs or Hydros is a bad practice. Only a pin head of those big pills is the stuff you want, the rest is nasty acetaminophen and filler......can cause side effects. Not worth it. and not to be disrespectful but the poster tootoomany has is wrong, nasal bio-availability is higher. Very common stat and you can just search here on bluelight or google to find out. Even roxicodone (otherwise known as blues for the 30mg type), has filller,, but its very mild, and thus many folks snort that. Its easy on you system.........except for the horrible addiction that might be developed later. Be careful please.

Last edited:
Not to start a war, but the stats I have say 45-70% intranasal, with a mean of 47%, and 60-87% oral. Obviously those are both big ranges with overlap, so it's gonna depend on body chemistry. If we were talking oxymorphone, that's a different story. That's way better intransally in terms of bioavailability.

Dont snort perks, eat em or plug em. The tylenol is gonna clog up your nose and and you wont get most of the oxy anyways. what are you in high school still? thats the only time i hear of people railing percocet. i just laugh at people when they say how high snorting vics and perks get them lulz

railing the roxi is ok. its hits good but doesnt last as long. plugging half and snorting half is a nice rush. Also, with plugging it last a lot longer then any other way, its also safer.

Yep twotoomany, certainly not starting a war, it does look like you have the numbers correct. I was surprised. Perhaps the onset is a factor, much faster obviously its nasal, some even get a rush. But it would appear you do have the right figures. Guess my lean toward oxymorphone blinded my research. Thanks for the info. Yet another reason NOT to snort Percs.

Yep twotoomany, certainly not starting a war, it does look like you have the numbers correct. I was surprised. Perhaps the onset is a factor, much faster obviously its nasal, some even get a rush. But it would appear you do have the right figures. Guess my lean toward oxymorphone blinded my research. Thanks for the info. Yet another reason NOT to snort Percs.

Glad I could help! I can never get my hands on oxymorphone, so I've made sure to learn all I can about oxycodone and how best to utilize it. The rush from snorting it is awesome, but I feel like such a waster! It does seem to get me initially higher, but it also wears off so much faster!

Snorting oxy is very wasteful. It has a MUCH better oral bioavailability. That being said, I like snorting roxy too. I've personally never found any benefit from the Tylenol. I thought it only increased analgesia and decreased abuse potential.

Nah, snorting doesn't waste anything. And Percs definitely hit me harder than roxy's. I don't know what it is, but they do. I would throw my money away before I'd swallow a Roxy, man. It works, just not as well.

Dont snort perks, eat em or plug em. The tylenol is gonna clog up your nose and and you wont get most of the oxy anyways. what are you in high school still? thats the only time i hear of people railing percocet. i just laugh at people when they say how high snorting vics and perks get them lulz

railing the roxi is ok. its hits good but doesnt last as long. plugging half and snorting half is a nice rush. Also, with plugging it last a lot longer then any other way, its also safer.

The tylenol plugging up your nose is not such a bad thing. It keeps it from draining quite so quick. The less it drains the more it absorbs nasally. And no I'm not still in high school. Acting like that makes me think you certainly are though.

It's gonna plug your nose up quick so you're not gonna absorb shit. keep wasting your money, it doesnt affect me. 8( your posts are full of lulz.

It's gonna plug your nose up quick so you're not gonna absorb shit. keep wasting your money, it doesnt affect me. 8( your posts are full of lulz.

I've been snorting percs and hydros for years. No problems with yet, and don't see any starting anytime soon.

Just because you haven't had any problems yet doesn't mean that you are using your drugs as efficiently as possible which is what he's trying to recommend for you.

I've been snorting percs and hydros for years. No problems with yet, and don't see any starting anytime soon.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they're right. It's only a matter of time until it causes you problems, likely sinus related or deviated septum, etc.

I realize insufflation can cause issues with your sinuses and such eventually. I've been snorting pills for a long time. I wasn't referring to it causing me physical problems. I was stating that I haven't had any problems getting it into my system.

As far as making recommendations goes, I'm all for that. Just not when they're made in the form of an insult.

I'm not gonna try and insult you as I snorted oxycontin back in the day, then 30's or 15's. I was never brave enough to snort pills with tylenol because I sometimes get a gag reflex from drainage. I imagined it would taste pretty bad.

Not to derail your thread, I had a neighbor who would snort every single drug she could get her hands on. Once she asked me if I wanted a line and I assumed it was oxy. I was rudely surprised that it was methadone because it fucking burned like hell. It was like nothing for her I guess because that was her preferred ROA. It was really harsh though.

I'm not gonna try and insult you as I snorted oxycontin back in the day, then 30's or 15's. I was never brave enough to snort pills with tylenol because I sometimes get a gag reflex from drainage. I imagined it would taste pretty bad.

Not to derail your thread, I had a neighbor who would snort every single drug she could get her hands on. Once she asked me if I wanted a line and I assumed it was oxy. I was rudely surprised that it was methadone because it fucking burned like hell. It was like nothing for her I guess because that was her preferred ROA. It was really harsh though.

Yeah, after this long nothing really burns to snort. I really don't snort everything though. And if I have a handful of hydros or something, I'll usually pop a few then snort a few, just to get the best of both worlds. I never pop oxy though, because it hits better intranasally. In my opinion at least.

Yeah, after this long nothing really burns to snort. I really don't snort everything though. And if I have a handful of hydros or something, I'll usually pop a few then snort a few, just to get the best of both worlds. I never pop oxy though, because it hits better intranasally. In my opinion at least.

Wow thats f'd up...I guess it just takes some people rock bottom/physical damage before they get a clue.

So when I snort a Percocet I'm snorting oxycodone with tylenol in it. When I snort a Roxy I'm taking oxycodone without tylenol.As far as I know, it is added to increase the effect of opiates. Most people dislike the tylenol. It's bad for your liver, it burns your nose if you're not used to it and it adds extra powder to your line. I understand those concerns. It doesn't really bother me that much. The thing is, the Percocet hits harder and lasts longer than the Roxy's at equal, or roughly equal dosages. I was wondering if when I take a Roxy, if I add a tylenol orally, or even nasally, will I end up with the same effect as I would if I took a Percocet? It seems like it would work, but I don't know for sure. I'm probably gonna try it later, as I can only get the Roxy's right now, and would like the longer lasting effect of the Percocet.

Man, you're not getting it right. The APAP isn't added to increase the effects of the opiate, it's added to deter people from abusing it, as it causes liver damage in high doses. The APAP doesn't do a thing to potentiate the oxy (or whatever other opiate it is mixed with). That's why people usually do a CWE (cold water extraction), in order to remove the APAP... Whatever the reason is for a Percocet hitting harder than a Roxy, it certainly isn't related to the APAP (if anything, having the opiate mixed with other substance should slow down absorption and make it hit slower).

Please DO NOT snort Tylenols. It won't get you any higher. If you are lucky enough to get Roxy's, don't waste your luck by needlessly ingesting a very damaging chemical. Snort APAP long enough and you wil damage your sinuses or your septum (and I can personally attest to the fact that septum deviation sucks, I have it from birth and suffered because of it all of my life). Anything you snort will eventually do some damage, but the APAP is worse on your nasal lining. The fact it hurts and burns should be an indication that it is more aggressive...

You say you pop a few hydros and then snort a few. Just how much APAP are you getting in your system this way? Anything over 3000 mg in a 24-hour span spells huge trouble for your liver. Liver failure from APAP is very real and many people die because of it, without even being aware of the dangers. If your APAP intake exceeds 3000 mg, then doing a CWE is the best option. It's really easy to perform and saves you a lot of health issues.

Then again, you say you aren't bothered by all of these health issues, so you might not heed any of the advice that was given to you in this thread. However, the answer to your question is: NO, by adding a Tylenol you won't potentiate the oxy. But, if you are intent on doing it anyway, pop it at least, don't snort it...