• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IVing into arm w pick line in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase_in_56ace

Ex-Bluelighter
Is it ok to shoot up into my left arm now that I have a pick line in my vena cava?

NOT touching the pick. Wanted to shoot up in the crook of my arm. Preferably not the big middle vein, but rather the ones to the sides of it.

SAFE? CURRENTLY WEARING A BRIGHT PINK WRISTBAND ON MY PICC LINE ARM THAT SAYS "NO IV INJECTIONS INTO THIS ARM"

Sense please make of this

Use another arm. You can get seriously injured by injecting a non sterile solution into the picc line, and if you shoot up somwhere next to the picc line you don't know if that vein coincides with the vein with the picc line, which is why it says NO IV INJECTIONS THIS ARM. A nurse could give an IV in your hand, which then coincides with the picc line unknowingly and hurt you.

If you're referring to a PICC Line (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) then you should avoid that arm and use the other one. No reason to chance complications.

Why do you still have it in? Are you at hospital? Either way it's a bad idea.
:?

Thanks guys, I had pretty much hypothesized that I was just looking for some reassuring words. I am currently in the hospital for a nasty case of osteomyilitis in my C4/C5 vertebrae. Probably shouldn't be injecting at all if it weren't fpr the fact that I have an awesome nurse friend who's risking his license for me %) my nights gonna look like this:

RX'd Medication
Oxycodone 30mg Malli Orally Administered
+30min Dilaudid 4mg/iv (into picc)
+10min Ativan 4mg/iv (into picc friend givin me 2 more mg than Rx'd )

*My Rx'd meds keep me warmly buzzing all day every day but I never nod. Soo...

NonRX'd Recreational Shot
+30min Oxycodone 105mg/iv (into non-picc arm)

Orrr

+30min Oxycodone 75mg w 8mg of Dilaudid (into non picc arm)

Which would you choose? Im leanin toward option A... its going to be wonderful to do one of my "usual shots", micron filtered, this time in a sterile hospital environment.

I wouldn't risk my new beautiful picc line on even a micro filtered shot. What about y'all?

Last edited:
Well op we don't do drug recommendations here, but if it were me I wouldn't inject the oxy no matter what, it's a waste, so I'd go with more dilly... But forreal make sure you are being safe. oh and do you really want your friend to risk his license just so you can get high? C'mon.

Decided against the whole thing because of just that. Had a quiet night in my hospital bed w gf n Rx'd meds instead. I'm In palm beach. broward is known for over singling out seekers. As in, even if you're not a drug seeker, just getting administered crappy pain meds is a PITA. I have frightening MRIs.

Well op we don't do drug recommendations here, but if it were me I wouldn't inject the oxy no matter what, it's a waste, so I'd go with more dilly... But forreal make sure you are being safe. oh and do you really want your friend to risk his license just so you can get high? C'mon.

What a great post to end this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.