can law enforcement sell you drugs ?

cadillacboy

Bluelighter
I was just wondering if it is possible for cops/feds/dea or whatever type of law enforcement to sell you drugs ( small and bulk amounts ) and bust you for it later.

Hey,
I doubt its really a problem to worry about. Since theres not much point in arresting the drug-users, most of the focus is on getting the "bigger fish". If they catch you by selling drugs to you, they are getting a smaller fish than buying the drugs that you would have bought instead ;)

In Maryland they can sell you fake drugs and prosecute you for posession of a 'non-dangerous controlled substance.'
In other words, it's illegal to have something that you think is an illegal drug. In other words, you can go to jail for what you think.
In the Land of the Brave and the Home of the Free.
Sucks don't it?

What about if it was a large quanity of a controlled substance ? Would they have to arrest you right there for posession, or could they come back later if they had you on tape or some other type of evidence of you buying the drugs?

~now i know ive seen COPS(the show) many times where they set up someguy to buy drugs from them. whether its small time or bulk.
the cops are still arresting somebody, the evil people still go to jail and the drug war continues.
i know that cops want the big guys more than some small time user but 'the war on drugs' doesnt care.
peace
bluE

Also remember that they must first start with the small timers and work up the ladder from there.
Number one method used in the system is getting people to "rat" on other people.
Ask anyone who's ever been involved with a federal drug case. I have even seen brothers ratting on each other. It is truely amazing what people will do to stay out of jail.

So if one had been buying large quanities from an undercover, would they be most likely to bust the person right there or wait until after a few buys. What I mean is, is it common for cops / feds to develop relatioships with people from selling to them over a period of time, and then bust them later. I know they develop relationships with people to work their way up when they are buying drugs, but I have never heard of them doing it as far as selling drugs.

So if one had been buying large quanities from an undercover, would they be most likely to bust the person right there or wait until after a few buys. What I mean is, is it common for cops / feds to develop relatioships with people from selling to them over a period of time, and then bust them later. I know they develop relationships with people to work their way up when they are buying drugs, but I have never heard of them doing it as far as selling drugs.

When I was a youngster.....there was a guy named "BOOGIE"...
He looked like your average biker dude...lived near a college..and partied alot.
He started trading us ounces of meth for stolen guns,tvs,....anything we could get.
He also used drugs with us alot...
One day 6 people get arrested at the county fair...everything they sold/traded to him is now evidence...he is a federal agent....he was always recording every conversation poeple had etc..
THANK GOD those 6 people were minors!!!!

Also, I am guessing that if one had been dealing with a younger person. say 19-20, they would be less likely to be a cop / fed due to their age. Right? I mean don't cops have to be at least like 21 because of liability issues or something?

Originally posted by cadillacboy:
Also, I am guessing that if one had been dealing with a younger person. say 19-20, they would be less likely to be a cop / fed due to their age. Right? I mean don't cops have to be at least like 21 because of liability issues or something?
The Police can always pose as a younger age!!

I realize that it is possible for an officer to pose as a younger age, I just figure there are a lot more cops OVER the age of 20 then UNDER the age of 20. So therefore, dealing w/ younger people should be considered somewhat safer, although of course not completely fool proof. Does that sound about right ?

I realize that it is possible for an officer to pose as a younger age, I just figure there are a lot more cops OVER the age of 20 then UNDER the age of 20. So therefore, dealing w/ younger people should be considered somewhat safer, although of course not completely fool proof. Does that sound about right ?
They have many undercovers who can pose any age from 18 on up. I really wouldn't say it's safer to deal with anybody...
In my town about 2 years ago there was an afterhours club that had a rave set up wednesday through sunday morning every week. One night the undercovers (many wearing tiny video cams) completely took the place over. There was quite a few of them. They bought ecstasy from anyone who would sell it to them, and then even turned around a sold some of what they just bought. Soon the club was raided by a few different agencies and the made each person walk out through the side door one by one. They had a spotlight pointing at the door and they were picking people out of line who had either bought or sold anything. Ended up getting like 25 people.
With all the new technology and the millions and millions that are being thrown into this "drug war", dealers are starting to run out of luck...

So if a cop had been selling to you for whatever amount of time, had not busted you on the spot, but instead waited until a few months later to bring you in, what would the actual charge be ? Surely not posession as you would not be holding the stuff months later on down the road. Hmmm..

So if a cop had been selling to you for whatever amount of time, had not busted you on the spot, but instead waited until a few months later to bring you in, what would the actual charge be ? Surely not posession as you would not be holding the stuff months later on down the road. Hmmm..
It depends on what else they have on you as far as evidence. Could be "Posession with intent to distribute" or "Conspiracy to distribute" even flat out "Distribution"...

sucks to be living in america here in Oz its known as intrapment and police arent allowed to do it, they actually have to catch you in the act.

Yes a cop can sell you drugs. It happened to a couple of my friends. With herion for example in downtown Los Angeles by McArthur park the cops sell herion to the herion addicts. The reason they do this is not to bust you but take back an area that was once controlled by dealers. After a while the cops will just stop dealling drugs to kill the spot. And the real dealers usually don't show up again because the customers think the spot is dead and there is no one to sell to.

With all that ^^^ said, if one knows the people one buys from, then there is no reason to worry.
Let Love Rule