View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Hit #12 - Oh look, it's MXE o'clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 grams of MXE sounds like a lot, and frankly to me it is, but does that change a little when we compare it to 50 grams of ketamine? Because I'm not sure at all that it matters to your bladder or kidneys how potent the drug is. A ketamine addict could use a gram a day and go through 50 grams within 2 months. I am not saying that is a good idea either mind you!!
My point is that when talking about 50 grams of MXE we should not confuse potency of psychological effects with potential for physical damage. When I hear that someone has used that much MXE, because of the potency I would maybe worry more about harm to the brain.

This difference reminds me a bit of MDMA and methylone. In my experience (and a lot of my friends felt the same way) methylone can be used a lot more often than MDMA without or before disastrous results for mood and emotional stability happening. I now believe that methylone depletes your reserves in a more sidious way and it can chronically exhaust you.
And that kind of brings me to my point: we can sometimes be surprised by absence of certain side-effects that were expected from a drug looking at its analogues. This may trick us into thinking that it is more abuse-friendly, so the limit is pushed and later we discover that we didn't get away with it after all and there are just other side-effects that are less apparent.

Friends, don't let your enthousiasm get the better of you. Frequently remind yourself that it is best to assume that side-effects are creeping and it may be years before we start seeing patterns more clearly.

good finds cryptix, thanks for looking those up!

This article suggests that THC causes hippocampal neuronal apoptosis through CB1 activation, and perhaps through the generation of prostanoids, prostaglandins, and thromboxanes because the pathway for their production generates free radicals.
I don't know how much this interests you but the scenario is quite a bit more nuanced than "too much prostaglandin causes intracranial inflammation" .. and fwiw I don't think there is anything about this process that would lead to intracranial inflammation.

so I still assume tinnitus following cannabis consumption has a lot more to do with the anxiogenic effects.
however, this brings us to the next article, because cochlear hair cell death can be a cause of tinnitus.

This article is about NSAIDs causing cochlear cell death through generation of free radicals. This idea that otoxicity is mediated through excessive free radical buildup is pretty well established, i think. And i believe it has been demonstrated in guniea pigs as the mechanism of ototoxicty for cisplatin and also for noise exposure.

in any case, it is good to be reminded that even marijuana has demonstrable negative effects. and perhaps cannabis consumption does lead to such a large buildup of free radicals that it would cause cochlear hair cell death.

Back on topic:

this is a great article, thanks for linking. the bits you have quoted are related to my first hypothesis about MXE and tinnitus. basically i wonder if there is some sort of "rebound" effect after the NMDA antagonism wears off. This is based on my experience of the tinnitus springing up after the dissociative effects wear off. But I don't know enough about the NMDAR to say if this is a reasonable guess.

on a related note, in a previous incarnation of this thread, a man mentioned that MXE temporarily abolished his chronic tinnitus. so there is some anecdotal evidence supporting the rationale of using neramexane or another NMDA antagonist as a tinnitus treatment.

Can't find info on this. How long should one wait to do mephedrone after doing mxe?

About 40mg. That is what my typical oral dose is.

Do you swallow it whole, or hold it in your mouth for 5 mins, then swallow it?

Can't find info on this. How long should one wait to do mephedrone after doing mxe?

Of anything else for that matter...?

I can't find the info on how long MXE stays active in your body either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you swallow it whole, or hold it in your mouth for 5 mins, then swallow it?

I place it under my tongue and wait for it to dissolve...and about 10-15 minutes in I will drink some water to make sure everything goes down. This is exactly what I do with other substances (etizolam, suboxone, noopept, etc) and those work just fine. I will give it another go this weekend.

MXE is active for about 5 hours and you should be concerned about interactions for a good 10h to be completely safe IMHO. A good rule of thumb is that if you're dosing something else without having slept properly in between, you need to consider interactions. This doesn't work for long-acting sedatives and alcohol, which will allow you to sleep despite remaining in significant concentrations.

Mephedrone is an SRA where MXE is an SRI so MXE may block some of the effects of meph, but mostly not.

In terms of interactions you could get away with waiting a day but for your mental wellbeing I would be waiting considerably longer.

Last edited:
Hi! Have been lurking on bluelight for quite a while but decided tonight is the night to break my first post virginity!

Does anybody else share a seeming inability to 'hole'? I've been using ketamine semi-regularly for a good 6 months and love the experience; blissful and insightful. However, I have never been able to experience the k-hole effect that is so often described....and believe me I've tried! Up to half a gram insufflated over a few hours leaves me in a STRONG state of dissociation, but with little visuals (either open eyed or closed eyed) and no complete loss of connection to the body. I'm a small guy aswell, which makes this even weirder.

Anyway, I got myself some MXE last week and was hoping that it would be the answer to my no hole problem seeing as it is much more potent than ketamine. However, last night I insufflated and sublingually dosed nearly 300mg over around 5 to 6 hours, and once again experienced strong dissociation but no OBE (setting was in bed in the dark during the peak). I was planning to try this experiment again tomorrow night, but taking the 300mg-ish or so dose all at once, probably mixing sublingual and insufflation ROA's once again. Does upping my initial dose to this level seem like the solution to my problem of not holing, or am I being too rash upping my dose this high? I haven't seen many online reports of people dosing this high, so naturally I feel a bit concerned about taking so much, but I am determined to finally experience the hole! I know it seems like a lot when compared with standard dosing, but at the end of my 300mg session last night I didn't feel dangerously intoxicated or like I was about to lose touch with reality entirely... in fact I probably would have gone for more if I didn't have to be up in the morning!

By the way, my ketamine came from a reliable source and the MXE has been lab tested (can't remember the results but was something like 97 per cent pure). Also, my friend used the ketamine on several occasions and described it as a much more visual experience than I have ever found it to be. I probably have a small bit of a dissociative tolerance from big sessions but I have never used daily or anything like that, usually just weekends.

Do I just have some weird natural tolerance to dissociatives or something? Has anyone else heard of or experienced this? And most importantly, should I attempt 300mg MXE at once or would this be dangerous/inadvisable?

Thanks!

This thread should have been called "What's Sober? You mean: ROFLCOPTER, right?"

maybe try another roa to see if it affects you properly then. snorting tends to be more stimulating for many users - although not coke stimulating.
also for me it dosen't have dissociative effects until 50mg so you could also gently up the dose from 30

I was eating and snorting. But I don't feel like I need to take more. 50mg might be as high as I go, at the most 100, but I'm not sure about that. Unless it's with a bitch or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
dr. dissociative... wow... I don't have the chemical knowledge that some do here, but I have learned that MXE will stay in your system a good 12 hours or so... god knows at that dose... if you're going for these high doses, I'd advise not to do it the very next day.

But what do I know? We're all lab rats here.

Well, to be fair my last session was well over 24 hours ago now, and I wasn't planning on dosing until this evening (it's 3:30am where I am now). If i'm feeling up for it and in the mood tomorrow evening, I think I will go ahead but will lower initial dose to around 80mg at once or so and judge where to go from there. Does this sound reasonable?

Another point worth mentioning, I do get what I imagine are the normal expected effects from lower sub 50mg doses, it just doesn't develop into a hole with redosing for some reason :(

Maybe wait until you can get someone here to explain how to get the m-hole. I also want to know.

I experienced a k-hole once (intra-muscular shot), laying in a bed, in the dark, Current 93's "Horsehospital" on headphones. It was so darkly beautiful. I will never forget it.

You should try plugging the K instead of snorting, dr. disso! Even without tolerance i could've snorted 500mgs of decent K in 15 mins without holing, but after plugging 250mgs it hit me like a train and i holed. Perhaps my nose isn't made for proper administration :?

I'd try it out!

Sounds like it could work, I have wondered if my problem isn't in fact to do with an unusual natural dissociative tolerance, but unusually inefficient nasal passages. But I've decided that if I still haven't been able to experience a dissociative hole after my MXE session planned for tonight, I'm going to hold off buying any more K until I can find some sealed vials as most people suggest IM K to be the optimum ROA for holing. Also, this will hopefully allow any tolerance I might have gained to dissapate a bit in the mean time.

Either way I will be sure to report back with tonights results, am currently thinking of an initial dose of around 80-100mg and then redosing a bit more frequently than usual from there (every 20-30 mins). Will probably stick to sublingual dosing in case I am indeed wasting material on a nose that simply isn't suited to nasal administration.

Wish me luck! If anyone has any last minute comments or suggestions then fire away, I will check back here before dosing tonight.

Why not plug MXE? More bang for the buck and you will hole this way, that's for sure...or you're not from this world ;)

Sounds like it could work, I have wondered if my problem isn't in fact to do with an unusual natural dissociative tolerance, but unusually inefficient nasal passages. But I've decided that if I still haven't been able to experience a dissociative hole after my MXE session planned for tonight, I'm going to hold off buying any more K until I can find some sealed vials as most people suggest IM K to be the optimum ROA for holing. Also, this will hopefully allow any tolerance I might have gained to dissapate a bit in the mean time.

Either way I will be sure to report back with tonights results, am currently thinking of an initial dose of around 80-100mg and then redosing a bit more frequently than usual from there (every 20-30 mins). Will probably stick to sublingual dosing in case I am indeed wasting material on a nose that simply isn't suited to nasal administration.

Wish me luck! If anyone has any last minute comments or suggestions then fire away, I will check back here before dosing tonight.

Hey man. I've been holing on 100mg MXE (plugged) almost consistently once a week for the past 8 months, and I weigh at least 200lbs. I think your problem lies in tapering your doses out over too long of a period.

In my experience, for a hole you want a high dose with a rapid onset. If you're comfortable plugging I'd definitely recommend that as the way to go (100mg plugged pretty much guarantees a hole for me).

the concept of a mxe hole baffles me. it's so chaotic and unpredictable in higher doses... does it incapacitate you or can you still move around?

What's the cross tolerance like with MXE and psychedelics?

MXE is active for about 5 hours and you should be concerned about interactions for a good 10h to be completely safe IMHO. A good rule of thumb is that if you're dosing something else without having slept properly in between, you need to consider interactions. This doesn't work for long-acting sedatives and alcohol, which will allow you to sleep despite remaining in significant concentrations.

Mephedrone is an SRA where MXE is an SRI so MXE may block some of the effects of meph, but mostly not.

In terms of interactions you could get away with waiting a day but for your mental wellbeing I would be waiting considerably longer.

Thanks. I ended up waiting 24 hours exactly. Weird, I always thought MXE was a DRI, not an SRI?

did a 5mg allergy test, followed by a 60mg bump, then 40 minutes in redosed 40mg to hit 100mg. I was really enjoying minutes 15-40. After that, I was thoroughly disappointed. May hop into 100mg next time and just dose once. Fiending was kind of ridiculous, but resisted.

I would also like to add: I noticed after about an hour, the euphoria just kicked in and out in waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.