• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse: 140 mg first try ever and nothing

euroboy

Greenlighter
Hey! So this is my 1st post ever, and I really need help figuring this out.

With an intent to study and paint all night, I got 2 70mg vyvanse pills. Took one at 9.17 pm. Went home, calmly waiting for the effects to take place. 2.5 hours in and I feel nothing, just a bit tired after a long day at school and work. Decide to take half of the last 70mg pill. Waited another 2 hours, nothing, so took the rest. NOTHING!!!!
I've never taken vyvanse before. I took 20mg of ritalin earlier at school and another later before work (5pm). Could that be affecting the vyvanse?! My friends been saying that that's impossible I should be SPEEDING right now!!! My idea was that the ritalin gave me some sort of tolerance, but I don't use it daily. Idk if just 2 20mg pills would do that.

Help please, been searching the web all night trying to figure this out but no one has had the same problem.
Any comments? Suggestions? Ideas on why it's not working?

FYI I weigh 145 and I'm 5'10" took them on a semi full stomach. Also, took tums an hour later of the initial vyvanse dose. Got early morning class tomorrow and I'm afraid I won't be able to stay awake.

BTW, it was real vyvanse, confirmed it today. I did feel a rush of some sort when I got out of bed to take a shower, having not slept that night. At school I was very focused and talkative. I would randomly talk to strangers, which is very odd because I am extremely introverted and picky about my friends. It wasn't that enjoyable tho, muscle cramps and chest pain at random times.

But still, not the effect I, and others, would expect off of 140mg as the very first dose. And it took about 8 and a half hours to feel the slightest change.

Last edited:
If I was in your position i would take MORE lol

Sorry but I haven't had vyvanse before. I have had dexamphetamine - which is dextroamphetamine. And judging by the dosages you are talking about i think you need more to be "speeding". I got into these when i was about 14 and i used to crush up and snort 50mg to start with. It sounds like you took the molecular equivalent of 22mg with the 70mg pill. With an oral bioavailability of 38% you have not had enough to get a speeding effect. You might need more.

I don't think ritalin would cause the vyvanse to do any less, if anything they should be potentiating each other in my opinion, but i could be wrong.....

Edit: You could also have ADHD which would mean these pills only make you feel "more normal".

Everywhere online says that above 100mg already a too high of a dose, like all I needed was to get a little bit energetic, awake, and focused. I tried filling out these sheets and It was the same as being in school after a sleepless night. But thanks for the reply!

Everywhere online says that above 100mg already a too high of a dose, like all I needed was to get a little bit energetic, awake, and focused. I tried filling out these sheets and It was the same as being in school after a sleepless night. But thanks for the reply!

Try adding caffeine, like have a fat cup of coffee and see what that does. I take ephedrine and caffeine and i get a lot of energy out of that. You should also look into smart drugs/nootropics if you are looking for "focus"

I also have Wellbutrin available. Would that help? Ik it's a slight stimulant, but I'm getting worried about my heart rate and blood pressure. My hands and feet are very sweaty

It may. But each time you go on a regimen of wellbutrin the stimulant effects decrease for the next occasion. I've been on those too, the first time i used to get a bit wired off them, but it wasn't a pleasant wired feeling. So I can't say a yay or nay on that one...

You could go a tablet of wellbutrin and a cup of coffee, i'll bet you get some sort of inspiration from that!!

Sorry! Balls in your court buddy.

Read what I added in the thread. The slightest rush with terrible side effects. And I really think the coffee helped

How did you confirm they were real? You took 2 capsules, they could have had anything in them. Most time release meds look like little beads. You supposedly took a really high dose, at 140mg. Did you take the ritalin on the same day?

A GOOD friend fave them to me, and when I opened the second pill there was way too much powder in them than a person could stuff them, and seems that ppl on forums are concurring. Tasted kinda like the adderall drip, not sure, idk what to compare it to. But since I had that rush in the morning I'm totally not doubting that it was the real pill, and that it came from a known source.
Yes I took 40 mg of ritalin through out the day as mentioned above

How did you confirm they were real? You took 2 capsules, they could have had anything in them. Most time release meds look like little beads. You supposedly took a really high dose, at 140mg. Did you take the ritalin on the same day?

I just put that there so people wouldn't assume I got gypped

Oh yeah, i forgot that vyvanse was powdered... regardless... You took 40mg ritalin so how would you even know if the vyvanse worked? Maybe it's an affinity thing...

Read what I added in the thread. The slightest rush with terrible side effects. And I really think the coffee helped

I'm glad the coffee helped. Like I said I take a caffeine and ephedrine combo when I need energy - its getting me through Uni, and I have had a raging opiate habit for years.

I took the ritalin like in the morning the previous day. And I crashed from that even before I took vyvanse

Hey! So this is my 1st post ever, and I really need help figuring this out.

With an intent to study and paint all night, I got 2 70mg vyvanse pills. Took one at 9.17 pm. Went home, calmly waiting for the effects to take place. 2.5 hours in and I feel nothing, just a bit tired after a long day at school and work. Decide to take half of the last 70mg pill. Waited another 2 hours, nothing, so took the rest. NOTHING!!!!
I've never taken vyvanse before. I took 20mg of ritalin earlier at school and another later before work (5pm). Could that be affecting the vyvanse?! My friends been saying that that's impossible I should be SPEEDING right now!!! My idea was that the ritalin gave me some sort of tolerance, but I don't use it daily. Idk if just 2 20mg pills would do that.

Help please, been searching the web all night trying to figure this out but no one has had the same problem.
Any comments? Suggestions? Ideas on why it's not working?

FYI I weigh 145 and I'm 5'10" took them on a semi full stomach. Also, took tums an hour later of the initial vyvanse dose. Got early morning class tomorrow and I'm afraid I won't be able to stay awake.

BTW, it was real vyvanse, confirmed it today. I did feel a rush of some sort when I got out of bed to take a shower, having not slept that night. At school I was very focused and talkative. I would randomly talk to strangers, which is very odd because I am extremely introverted and picky about my friends. It wasn't that enjoyable tho, muscle cramps and chest pain at random times.

But still, not the effect I, and others, would expect off of 140mg as the very first dose. And it took about 8 and a half hours to feel the slightest change.

The reason you are not feeling anything is due to your ingestion of tums prior to the vyvanse.Normally tums prior to an amphetamine would potentiate their effects because they are better absorbed when the stomach is more of base ph.However with vyvanse the stomach acid is needed to activate the time relase of the dextroamphetamine. So the tums are what messed it, I suggest searching vyvanse and ant-acid interations,would post a link myself to this info but cant from my phone :(

You either got sum bunk, but honestly vyvanse is fucking crap. I hate it so much. The best is dexedrine irs and adderall irs. Then you wouldnt have been making this thread thats forsure lol

Yeah adderall is good, but I wanted something longer lasting. The pills were legit tho

Bunk pills are a definite possibility, however some people are virtually immune to the subjective effects of amphetamine. IIRC its a certain DAT and D4 receptor variant. But, redosing stims generally produces a massive reduction in efficacy but not to that extent.

140mg Vyvanse= ~46mg of amphetamine base, which is a hefty dose, so it should have done something to a "normal" person.

yesterday I took 30mg vyvanse and I have zero tolerance. today I took 30mg in the morning and redosed with another 30mg at 4:00. I know now that redosing vyvanse does no good so I guess I just waisted a pill, but from somebody's experience/knowledge, will 60mg tomorrow morning have as good of effect as if it were the first day I took it. In other words, do I have any tolerance built up what so ever?
Thanks for responses.

I noticed that the OP stated that it tasted like "adderall drip," so I'm gonna assume they've taken amp before and it worked for them. I think the issue might be that they snorted it and didn't swallow it. They never said they snorted it, but if they did, the reason they didn't feel much is that they didn't get enough tyrosine with it to cleave the molecule and make it active. Just a theory that can only be confirmed by the OP.