• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse: 140 mg first try ever and nothing

No sir, all of 140 mg of vyvanse were swallowed. Was aware of the lack of effects of intranasal ingestion.

Wow, 40-50mg Vyvanse with a light dose of my pain medication treats my ADD well (either 7.5-10mg hydrocodone or 0.5-0.75mg buprenorphine; I don't feel these microdoses). I can't imagine taking 3 times the amount! 8o

Maybe you are confused on how [lis]dextroamphetamine is supposed to effect you?

Are you taking any other medicines whatsoever?

If not, and you felt nothing at all, then you got bunk.

Like it says in the post, there was an energy rush about 8 hours after the dose. Took 20mg of ritalin twice the day before.

Well, lisdexamfetaine is interesting because of how it is absorbed. It is basically novel in the sense that it doesn't enter your bloodstream until it is fully digested by your stomach.

I know people that take a large dose of vyvanse and literally don't feel ANYTHING for 3 hours, and then it peaks.

I know people that take a large dose of vyvanse and it speeds them up for 2 + DAYS AT A TIME.

Me? I take a good dose, it peaks in 1 and a half hours, euphoric for 3 hours after that, followed by a mild/next-to-nothing crash and then I'm perfectly fine. This drug affects people differently than any I have ever seen.....it could be that you just don't digest it right.

I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that the methylphenidate mitigated some of the effects, but it has a short half-life and was taken a while before so should have very minimal consequences. The reason I say this is that cocaine and amphetamine have been known to cancel each other out to an extent, and methylphenidate is very similar in action to cocaine.

Ok, well thanks for the info. I'll post when he tries again without any other drugs in the system. Appreciate the help!!!

I like Vyvanse a little better than Adderall, I wonder what happened there...idk but I'm on 20 mg Ritalin now...my amp's ranking is probably Dexedrine, Vyvanse, Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta.

Ive taken vyvanse the past 4 days and and only once before (about 3 months ago). the first day taking 30mg was by far the most euphoric I felt even though I took 60mg the second and fourth day. Im pretty sure that the decrease in effects is not due to tolerance, but IMO the vyvanse, which causes your body to release norephrinephron, has depleted your body's supply of the hormone and will most likely only be remedied by sustaining from the drug for a few days. the longer the better.
Also, I know that acidic foods/drinks cause amphetamines to leave your system faster, but will that also help to rid your body of the residual vyvanse and hence lower "tolerance"?
Not sure if the first part of my post is correct. just offering my hypothesis.