• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

WayneRooney

Bluelighter
I've tried a few different powdered lead strains of Kratom, and to be honest I've not noticed much difference between the strains. I have to take a lot to get the required effects (about 10g) and with such amounts I get digestive issues......

However I've also tried extracts, and enhanced formulas (which I gather seem to get a bad rep amongst forums like this) and they seemed to be much more effective. The euphopria/ motivation was better, and I had to take much less of the substance. I think both enhanced Thai Kratom and Maeng Da 15x were the two I was particularly impressed with.

What are other peoples experiences with extracts?

Also I'm getting some UEI tomorrow. I hear its particularly strong. What dose should I go with considering I like 10g of a normal powedered leaf, or 3-4g of an extract/enhanced formula?

I haven't tried extracts, and imagine they are a slippery slope into horrible addiction. Kratom is addictive as it is, with very nasty withdrawals. Concentrated extracts can only make that worse.

Having said that, I'll almost certainly be conducting some tests with these kratom extracts, just so I know what's out there and what it's like. =D

=D cheers mate! I put a bit of extra sugar in too and it's got rid of 90% of that horrible taste that makes you gag haha

I get it with oxy too which makes me wanna re-dose which really isn't a good thing haha

Not with Krat though weirdly!

Anyone else thinks kratom feels like a mild oxy?

Absolutely, if you get a decent quality leaf, 25/30 grams easily equal 50/60 mgs of oxy. The problem is a lot of the kratom around is of bad quality, but if you buy the good kind you can get a pretty decent buzz.

They work extremely well in combination as well, when I was living in the US I used to use it to stretch out my oxy, 40 mgs plus a few teaspoons and I would feel like I'd boshed a whole OC80, saves money.

Funny thing I must have an iron stomach as I don't even get nausea even from high doses.

If it weren't effective it wouldn't have been so popular in a country awash with pharma opiates like the US.

You guys are weird, I fucking love the taste of kratom.

Seriously though if you want better effects, don't make teas or brews of any type. Just put a fat teaspoon of leaf or powdered leaf in the corner of your mouth and chew and suck the fuck out of it. Really that's how it should be taken, native people in Southeast Asia chew on the leaves.

There is a significant change in effects, I have made several teas, boils, whatever, but never achieved results as good as merely chewing and then swallowing obviously the powdered leaf. Also I find the tea much more nauseating than eating the leaf, I believe that when you brew it the plant might release some sort of tannin that gives you that gag reflex, chewing or eating the leaf doesn't.

Also if you can buy whole dried leaves, not powder, much much better as the alkaloids don't degrade.

Really it should be taken like Khat or Coca leaves, quid of plant material in the mouth and chew the day away.

Interesting Kenny. I've only ever had powder and I take it in yoghurt. Didn't realise whole leaf was available. Surely it's more expensive though as it will occupy more space in storage/transit?

The powder is so fine it always forms a little dust cloud when I'm prepping a dose.

Interesting Kenny. I've only ever had powder and I take it in yoghurt. Didn't realise whole leaf was available. Surely it's more expensive though as it will occupy more space in storage/transit?

The powder is so fine it always forms a little dust cloud when I'm prepping a dose.

Do try the chewing thing even with the powdered leaf, I swear there is a massive difference in terms of effects. Whenever I make a tea or just eat and flush I feel there's something missing. Maybe some of the alkaloids are just better absorbed in the mucose in the mouth.

If you really can't handle the taste/hassle of getting it down ya, mix it thoroughly in apple sauce, no taste (apart from apple sauce). Cant say i'm over keen on the taste but it's toss and wash all the way imo.

Never tried it. Is it really worth the effort?

For me it is yes. As I said I tried all the various ways of ingestions, tosh and wash, teas, brews and so on.

Chewing is by far the most effective, more so than wash and tosh, which is the second best I reckon. Try it, the taste isn't really that bad, especially compared with other natural medicines/drugs, I mean compared with San Pedro, kratom is top cuisine. Give it a go

I find it foul. But I just noshed 10g in a pot of clotted cream fudge yoghurt and it was delicious. I will feel 10g. Not strongly but enough. I think I'll probably stick to the yoghurt!

I'm rather fond of it in yoghurt with some bananas and honey.. Nom. :)

10g? Eeps.. I'm weirdly sensitive to herby things, so can get by on 1g of crushed leaf.

That's a lucky sensitivity you've got, swampdragon. I used to get by on 5g before I had tolerance, my bank balance would be healthier if 1g got me a buzz! Which I now have, thanks to 10g in yoghurt :) Took a while to get going but I feel slightly superhuman now, thanks kratom :D

I've no idea how anyone can drink the stuff.. I don't mind the taste that much anymore (after years of use...) but aren't the leaves fairly insoluble?

If you really can't handle the taste/hassle of getting it down ya, mix it thoroughly in apple sauce, no taste (apart from apple sauce). Cant say i'm over keen on the taste but it's toss and wash all the way imo.

Before I could get my head around 'toss 'n washing' I used to mix it up with a Muller Rice. The ricey texture used to do a great job of masking the grittiness of the Kratom and I actually really like the flavour of the Kratom in combination with some of the Muller Rices. Definitely worth a try if people are struggling with other methods and don't have much of a natural tolerance.

For me it is yes. As I said I tried all the various ways of ingestions, tosh and wash, teas, brews and so on.

Chewing is by far the most effective, more so than wash and tosh, which is the second best I reckon. Try it, the taste isn't really that bad, especially compared with other natural medicines/drugs, I mean compared with San Pedro, kratom is top cuisine. Give it a go

That's really interesting, I'll have to give it a go. Do you find you use less for a comparative level of effects (discounting the more rounded experience)?