• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam and Valerian root together?

Brian242

Bluelighter
Hey BL, Last night after a 300mg dxm dosage, I woke up this morning and took 2mg kpins. I don't really feel like adding more kpins, so what would happen if I took a light dose of Valerian root with it? Would it potentiate it?

I guess so?

Last edited by a moderator:
i doubt it'd do anything at all. Not all that much is understood about how valerian root works but if you assume they hit gaba-a somehow then combining with a benzo may create an additive effect, not potentiation though. Valerian root is so much more weak than clonazepam that you won't even notice the valerian root, which on its own has about zero effect. You could try it and tell us how it goes, it's safe to take but IME it never did anything on its own or combined with a benzo.

Technically they will potentiate eachother a bit, but considering valerian root doesnt have that much psychoactive action anyway it's barely (or not at all even imo) worth the trouble.

I've done it loads of times, you really can't feel anything from the valerian.

Is there anything, besides a long long break, that will activate, potentiate, the kpins...
or otherwise defeat
or at least compromise
my tolerance?

L-lysine appears to potentiate benzos. Certain other amino acids might help increase GABA. But lysine was found in a study to potentiate benzo receptors. IME it does work. There are certain foods & drugs that can affect metabolization of clonazepam as well. But a far better idea is to try to get your tolerance down by using it less often & in lower doses. Potentiators are just going to increase your tolerance if you use them with your normal dose.

L-lysine appears to potentiate benzos. Certain other amino acids might help increase GABA. But lysine was found in a study to potentiate benzo receptors. IME it does work. There are certain foods & drugs that can affect metabolization of clonazepam as well. But a far better idea is to try to get your tolerance down by using it less often & in lower doses. Potentiators are just going to increase your tolerance if you use them with your normal dose.

Thank you for the helpful information. I have had to break from the kpins because I feel nothing from a regular dose. Eventually there's a point where its just a waste of money because I truly feel nothing on 4 mg.Not.a.fucking.thing. Perhaps I could have stretched the time I was able to use them a little while longer. I haven't had any in some time. I happened to find one 2 mg on the floor today so I just popped it in my mouth like a mint.

Nothing happened whatsoever. I'm just fucked right now. That's all.

really not much you can do about the tolerance, takes forever to go down as well. Clonazepam doesn't hit hard so most people don't notice it working even at higher doses unless they have anxiety.

are you using them recreationally or for therapeutic reasons? If it's for recreation, your tolerance will skyrocket and eventually no dose will get you where you want. Clonazepam is not a great benzo for recreational purposes anyway, takes too long to kick in, lasts too long and is not euphoric, for most people. Even after an 8 month break i got up to 10mg/day of clonazepam within a week or two, so tolerance returns quickly as well.

if you're looking to get fucked up from benzos then add some gabapentin. tolerance builds fast but you can get pretttty pretty fucked up a few times a month from the combo without issue.

That's interesting stuff. I take kpins to get to sleep because my legs thrash of their own accord as soon as I lay down at night.

if you're looking to get fucked up from benzos then add some gabapentin. tolerance builds fast but you can get pretttty pretty fucked up a few times a month from the combo without issue.
BDD is not really about offering suggestions of how people can get fucked up. Personally I don't find taking clonazepam on top of gabapentin to increase the effects of the clonazepam, I just feel the effects of the gabapentin and the effects of the cloanzepam. If anything I feel less from the clonazepam (meaning less anxiolysis, sedation, noticeable feeling of the drug being there, etc) than I would if I took it by itself. But maybe that's just me.

Theoretically valerian would add some potentiaton to the clonazepam, but as SD has mentioned l-lysine is a much better substitute and I can vouch for this 100%. I have used it as a potentiator in the past and oh boy does it do the trick. It really knocks me out when I add to my benzo dose. As for gabapentin I don't advocate the use of it neither lyrica as they are both (in my opinion) terrible drugs as the withdrawal from either of them is mind bending and frankly worse than benzos. They do potentiate, but in the end of the day they are not worth it whatsoever.

I am off my kpins. I don't have money for a visit with my doctor and I am out of refills. I will be exploring herbs more fully.

Valerian root is a very mild sedative. There isn't much research to support this, so I am speaking from experience. Most people would have to take a few thousand mg of valerian root to(possibly) feel any sedation. The problem is that much of the information I have read suggests that it is toxic to ones liver at high doses. I personally take it for stomach problems. Smells like death! I normally take 6 450mg tablets with no noticeable effects. Have you tried kava? It's a tad more potent, but a little more difficult to acquire.

I think kava is way more effective as a natural benzo replacement than valerian. It's easy to find in some places (or online), just depends where you live. I can easily find it at health food stores in the US, I'm surprised you say it's harder to find opiscope.

There are some threads on herbs and supplements for anxiety and sleep etc if you want me to find some for you ugly. And/or I can tell you about my experiences. Are you physically dependent on benzos and going to be getting withdrawal symptoms?

swimmingdancer,

I have been prescribed different benzos over the last few decades. I have been through them all, more than once.

kpins only, I've been on for several years.

I ran out like last week I guess. I did not do anything about it. I just abandon the thought of using them. That's all.

I am going to a few health food / supplement places tonight to look into kava because I've read some promising articles about it.

I have suffered with my legs every night my last kpin dose. They torment me. I get very little real rest at night. I'm going to look into alternatives for the situations I am experiencing. I have tried muscle relaxers, and they make me feel a little relaxed but I still can't control the jerking that thrashes me around at night.

Thank you for your generous offer to link me to additional information. I am happy to accept.

@ugly: have you been dependent on kpins for over a year? if you ran out get yourself to a Dr or do something because you are risking a seizure, possibly a deadly one depending on your body/tolerance. The withdrawal from clonazepam is long and terrible, no herb will cut it IMO.

clonazepam is one of the most deadly to withdraw from too out of all the benzos if cold turkeyed. i still have NO IDEA why they are scribed for anxiety, but their role of use to begin with was for its potent anti-epilepic features. now all benzos have a risk of causing a seizure upon abrupt discontinuation, but, clonazepam is the most dangerous. - you NEED to get to a doc or emergency room now and explain your situation. if you've been dependant on it for the past year you are at a VERY high risk of having a seizure and dying/being disabled for the rest of your life.

I ran out like last week I guess. I did not do anything about it. I just abandon the thought of using them. That's all.
Abandoning all thought of using it is a great mind-set, and will help you psychologically and with any mental addiction, but unfortunately it's not enough to stave off physical withdrawal symptoms, so if you meant that you normally take clonazepam every day and you stopped abruptly I agree that you should definitely seek medical attention.

clonazepam is one of the most deadly to withdraw from too out of all the benzos if cold turkeyed.
.... clonazepam is the most dangerous.

Really? Do you have a source for this? This is contrary to everything I have heard or read on the subject. (Not meaning that it isn't dangerous, but that it isn't the most dangerous benzo to withdraw from).