• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam and Valerian root together?

<3 this thread

Bronson, I'll be reading the thread you linked this evening. Thank you.

I really appreciate the help.

I also appreciate the concerned BLers who wrote to warn me of kpin withdrawals. I have gone though them more than once. I know I am at risk and I accept that because life is straight up risky. I went through withdrawals so many times that they became permanent instruments of my instincts.

You are all so kind to advise me to get to the doctor, seek medical attention, so forth... I am doing well. Substances are not even the problem. I have been on benzos for years because of anxiety. I've had tranqs and psychotropics... a plethora of mood altering pills. I come off of all of them eventually, though.

Withdrawals are dismal. Abysmal. But after all these years, I see that taking meds because my life sucks doesn't fix my life.

I can't find a job and my unemployment benefits ran out a year ago. No pill for that crap.
We are in foreclosure, our bankruptcy was revoked, and we feel helplessly thrown over a fiscal cliff. No pill for that crap.

I have never had a seizure from quitting a drug, and I should have had at least one by now, I'm sure.
I did faint after discontinuing a strong psychotropic... I can't think of the name. Fainting scared me to death. One minute I'm standing there talking, and in the wink of an eye I'd go unconscious and hit the ground. It scared the people around me, too.

I'm alright with the kpin withdrawal. I haven't felt benzo activity in my brain for a long time, and I actually thought at one point that I had been given placebos for some reason because the klonopins were no longer effective and I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't.

At night I am miserable. My legs kink up and spring out and jerk me around. It's the most unpleasant feeling I've ever known. When the kpins first kicked in and I had relief at night, it felt OH so GOOD.

Little by little, the spasms returned. Now they are completely back and worse than ever. On top of that, my circumstances are worse than ever. If withdrawals from klonopin kills me, that's not the worst thing to die from.

I hope you're ok <3

For the restless legs I would recommend kava, magnesium, L-lysine and potassium. Those things should help (to a point) with withdrawals in general (of course it's not going to be the same as taking a benzo but it should definitely be superior to nothing). I'm sorry to hear about your financial situation. Hopefully you can still afford some supplements? It sounds like you've been going through a lot lately. When it rains it pours, right? :(

Please don't hesitate to go to the ER if your withdrawals get really severe though, there is no reason to let yourself have seizures etc.

Really? Do you have a source for this? This is contrary to everything I have heard or read on the subject. (Not meaning that it isn't dangerous, but that it isn't the most dangerous benzo to withdraw from).

It's not by all means, I posted some links to studies a few months back about how clonazepam can be used to taper off other benzodiazepines to an extent which is just ass effective as diazepam. People always say diazepam because they conclude that diazepams long half life means it's the most ideal for tapering. Drugs are never active for their full half-life, so while diazepam may have a longer half life, it has a relatively short duration of action, as opposed to clonazepams long duration of action. Your spot on.

^ From my understanding however, diazepam breaks down into a metabolite with an extremely long HL and builds in the system. While it is not fully active, it eases withdrawal more than clonazepam which does not metabolize likewise.

I went to my doctor today. I told him that the RLS has been making me genuinely insane at night and that I quit taking klonopins because they don't do anything anymore. He was surprised that I didn't have health issues from being off klonopins, like some of you were.

At any rate, he put me on Gabapentin for restless legs. I really hope it works. It's a little after 7pm now. I took 100mg cap about half hour ago. My legs are just starting their bullshit with me. I hope the Gabapentin works.

Man, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but, ya I got my klonopin today and have been taking l-lysine for about 10 days and I noticed the rock hard hit of .5 klonopin when I took it. Now I went a week without it but, I still don't think that was anywhere the time I needed to lower my tolerance. So that being said. I can vouch that l-lysine makes klonopin stronger and it's not that euphoric high either....it's more sedation then anything! Hope you got some help...