• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

Probably William S Burroughs and Hunter S Thompson. Out of non-addicts, but people heavily invested in the drug culture - Sasha and Ann Shulgin; they were instrumental in broadening the entactogen and psychedelic tryptamine classes.

Aldous Huxley, Ralph Abraham, Alexander Shulgin, Paul Erdős and Fast & bulbous

Robert Downey, Jr,...
Still my favorite junkie (<--- just wondering: Is it still politically correct to say this?
boxing.gif
).
@ toothpastdog hehehehehehe

I always had a soft spot for Amy Winehouse. Possibly because she suffered so many of the mental health problems I do (Borderline Personality Disorder, Addiction, Eating Disorders). Plus, as a vocalist she was so fucking talented.

How the hell have I ever missed this thread? I feel shamed of myself tbh.

I got a few I'd like to add & some names I didn't see posted yet on here too.

1) William S Burroughs
2) Jack Black (Feral House - You Can't Win)
3) Townes Van Zandt
4) Nelson Algren (The Man With The Golden Arm
5) Jim Carroll
6) James Fogle (Drugstore Cowboy)

I didn't read through everything but I'd say there's plenty of classics listed here. However, as far as having a more direct impact on my life the top two would have to be Kurt Cobain and surprisingly Russell Brand. I've watched a few movies with him but I never realized how intelligent he really is until I started watching some videos about him and his struggles/triumphs over his addiction to H.

As far as Cobain goes of course i grew up listening to nirvana but I've watched lots of old interviews and documentaries and I feel like the two of us are dangerously similar to each other. There's a certain pain in his eyes and tiredness of the way the world is and knowing he can't change it but he still tries anyway.

Great topic ☺️

Very hard to pick a favourite (Jim Morrison, Hunter S. Thompson) so here's Melbourne's finest. Nick Cave was a heroin addict..

My friend on MXE for a couple weeks when it was new. He had this hilarious thing about the dissociative walking style when going to the supermarket.