• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Who is your favorite drug addict(s) or favorite drug enthusiast of all time. Its amazing how many creative, influential people are or were drug users or addicts. DU/DA abound with profound original thought and creative genius, inherently being able to see allusive truths through the veil cast buy the old and great fallacious lies of the world ( Sometimes, even while simultaneously, whole heartily buying into those lies we may tell ourselves). We lead the way down new and less traveled paths, often see just a little bit farther, and all are definitely aspiring to find someplace Higher.;)

drug-addicts03.jpg
drug-addicts07.jpg

Miles and Faulkner.

Last edited by a moderator:
hst, kesey, kerouac, cassidy , all the pranksters, burroughs, the beatles, floyd, barrett, hendrix, the doors, morrison, motorhead, lemme, rolling stones, bowie, nirvana, kurt cobain, chilli peppers,

pretty much every good artist, every good musician, every good poet

dali, freud,

long list

borroughs was a weirdo , he shot his wife in the head by accident in a dumbass accident, he was in the closet, he molested his kids and people said he was possessed by a demon

William S. Burroughs for his amazing book, Junkie. (I haven't read his other books yet)
Hunter S. Thompson for the book Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, and also because it seems like he was a good person.

Jimi Hendrix for his amazing music, and Kurt Cobain because I think Nirvana was a great band.
Layne Staley (from Alice in Chains and Mad Season) because of his unique vocals, and Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains' guitarist) for his songwriting.
Andrew Wood for his vocals and lyrics in the bands Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone.

And maybe Matthew Perry because I really like Chandler and his humour. (Yes, I love Friends)

Nirvana is my favourite band so I guess Kurt Cobain..

Can't say I think too highly of him, though :\

NSFW:
images
images

images

Poe Van Gogh and Hem, opium and hash, absinthe and booze respectively.

churchill2.jpg

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves. WC

If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. WC

cropped-psychedelic_movement_wallpaper_zat1.jpg

kerouac , neal cassady, FDR, JFK, the beatles

kerouac-1-1.gif
images
images
images

"They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn..."
- Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Nirvana is my favourite band so I guess Kurt Cobain..

Can't say I think too highly of him, though :\

images

William S. Burroughs for his amazing book, Junkie. (I haven't read his other books yet)
Hunter S. Thompson for the book Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, and also because it seems like he was a good person.

Jimi Hendrix for his amazing music, and Kurt Cobain because I think Nirvana was a great band.
Layne Staley (from Alice in Chains and Mad Season) because of his unique vocals, and Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains' guitarist) for his songwriting.
Andrew Wood for his vocals and lyrics in the bands Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone.

And maybe Matthew Perry because I really like Chandler and his humour. (Yes, I love Friends)

images

images

hendrix_thumb.jpg

627.jpg

images

images

“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman

Robert Downey, Jr, I'll think of more later

5038018.jpg

Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That's hard enough.
Robert Downey, Jr.

NSFW:
hst, kesey, kerouac, cassidy , all the pranksters, burroughs, the beatles, floyd, barrett, hendrix, the doors, morrison, motorhead, lemme, rolling stones, bowie, nirvana, kurt cobain, chilli peppers,

pretty much every good artist, every good musician, every good poet

dali, freud,

long list

furtherinq.jpg

historical-fucked-up-5.jpg

The-Doors.jpg

motorhead-02a.jpg

107464-rolling_stones_1967_617_409.jpg

tumblr_melonsbhle1rlmca9o1_400.jpg

You've got to get out and pray to the sky to appreciate the sunshine; otherwise you're just a lizard standing there with the sun shining on you.
Ken Kesey

salvador-dali.jpg

Salvador-Dali-painter-surrealism-picture-phenomenon-of-the-face-and-the-vase-with-fruit-on-the-beach.jpg

alex%20grey%201280x853%20wallpaper_www.wallpapername.com_100.jpg

220px-Alex_Grey.jpg

DALI and GREY

It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation.
Alex Grey

Sigmund-Freud-Quotes-2012.jpg

Albert+Hofmann+LSD+Wonder+Child.jpg

Sigmund Freud
Albert Hofmann

Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
Sigmund Freud

220px-Alex_Grey.jpg

elvis_presley_10.jpg

John-Belushi-Blues-Brother.jpg

elvis and belushi

I was training to be an electrician. I suppose I got wired the wrong way round somewhere along the line.
Elvis Presley

Christ, seven years of college, down the drain.
John Belushi

5866854810_a8e7f04c9f_b.jpg

I won't quit to become someone's old lady.
Janis Joplin​

Marilyn-Monroe-marilyn-monroe-30054070-1024-1196.jpg

amy-winehouse.jpg

My parents pretty much realized that I would do whatever I wanted, and that was it, really.
Amy Winehouse

scott_weiland_does_it_all.jpg

Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides.
Scott Weiland

David_Crosby_Frame_26A_BW0.jpg

Last edited:
F-Scott-Fitzgerald.jpg

stephen-king.jpg

Either you think, or else others have to think for you and take power from you, pervert and discipline your natural tastes, civilize and sterilize you.
F. Scott Fitzgerald

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library.
F. Scott Fitzgerald

The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there... and still on your feet.
Stephen King

From LIFE: "There were times when he'd been doing so much blow that he wrote with cotton wads stuffed in his nostrils, to prevent blood dripping on his typewriter."

Last edited:
aldous-huxley.jpg

It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'try to be a little kinder.'
Aldous Huxley

PD2655229_2668291-_2072325i.jpg

There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
Charles Dickens

tumblr_m1zxnoIZvr1r01e2zo1_500.jpg

If I had a shotgun, know what I'd do, I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heaven on down to you.

Brad Nowell