• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

Robin_Williams.jpg

Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... look at the platypus.
Robin Williams

0.jpg

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.

Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.

Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way.

Charles Bukowski

Philip+K+Dick.jpg

Reality is whatever refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.
Philip K. Dick

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of my favorite people of all time were addicts

FDR: Opium, Whiskey
Stephen King: Cocaine, Xanax, Valium, Alcohol
Brad Nowell: Heroin
Philip K. Dick: Speed, psychadelics
Mitch Hedberg: Heroin
Shannon Hoon: Heroin, Crack
Gregory David Roberts (read Shantaram, his autobiography, he has literally nothing left to do or experience on this world): Heroin
John Frusciante: Heroin, Cocaine
John Lennon: Heroin

[EDIT]

I've seen some amazing people up on this list, but I think it's important to distinguish the addicts from the users, and a lot of the people I'm seeing posted were simply users (I don't want that to sound like a bad thing, it's a great thing).

Alex Grey (my favorite painter of all time) for example? Can one be addicted to DMT? I think not.
Bob Marley (amazing contribution to the world) Can one be addicted to cannabis? I think not.

(Not trying to offend)

Last edited:

Alex Grey (my favorite painter of all time) for example? Can one be addicted to DMT? I think not.
Bob Marley (amazing contribution to the world) Can one be addicted to cannabis? I think not.

(Not trying to offend)

I could easily become psychologically addicted to DMT.

John Frusciante.

"drugs are the only way to make sure you stay in touch with beauty instead of letting the ugliness of the world corrupt your soul."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offcwPTkQyE

short 12 minutes movie by Johnny Depp. I guess this was the worst period of his life.

and also Elliott Smith.

I'm floating in a black balloon
OD on Easter afternoon
My momma told me: "Baby stay clean, there's no in between."

NSFW:

FDR: Opium, Whiskey
2009-06-19-FDR%20RADIO-FDRRADIO.jpg

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

cropped-psychedelic_movement_wallpaper_zat1.jpg

Shannon Hoon: Heroin, Crack
Shannon-Hoon-blind-melon-21987569-355-336.jpg

I'll close my eyes really, really tight and make you all go away.
Shannon Hoon

Gregory David Roberts (read Shantaram, his autobiography, he has literally nothing left to do or experience on this world): Heroin
Featured-Shantaram-Gregory-David-Roberts-640x290.jpg

John Frusciante: Heroin, Cocaine
John+Frusciante+38330004.jpg

-Something like trying to protect yourself all the time, things like trying to outwit fate. Those things can be the worst thing you can do for yourself.

-drugs are the only way to make sure you stay in touch with beauty instead of letting the ugliness of the world corrupt your soul

John Frusciante

A couple of years ago there was a medical study going on with Narcon (Generic name - Naloxone). It was administered to people that ONLY used Marijuana heavily, they instantly went into severe withdraw akin to heroin or opiate withdraw and were SEVERELY dope sick... Because of the fact that it is fat soluble, is absorbed into fat present in the body and is slowly released over many days (the reason a positive thc test can happen over a month after discontinuation of use in heavy users) is the reason that it presents mild physical withdraws. As anyone that has gotten clean off opiates, the initial detox is only the begging of the battle, you still have to fight the addictions craving to use. So as marijuana effects some of the same parts of the brain as opiates, the reward pathway causing dopamine release and the opiate receptors. Anything that manipulates dopamine is addictive and I know people that are HONEST TO GOD addicted.

BUT, IS A GRASS ADDICTION SO BAD8(
marijuana_addiction.jpg

and also Elliott Smith.

OD on Easter afternoon
My momma told me: "Baby stay clean, there's no in between."

elliott-smile5002.jpg

OD on Easter afternoon
My momma told me,
"Baby stay clean, there's no in between."

A couple of years ago there was a medical study going on with Narcon (Generic name - Naloxone). It was administered to people that ONLY used Marijuana heavily, they instantly went into severe withdraw akin to heroin or opiate withdraw and were SEVERELY dope sick... Because of the fact that it is fat soluble, is absorbed into fat present in the body and is slowly released over many days (the reason a positive thc test can happen over a month after discontinuation of use in heavy users) is the reason that it presents mild physical withdraws. As anyone that has gotten clean off opiates, the initial detox is only the begging of the battle, you still have to fight the addictions craving to use. So as marijuana effects some of the same parts of the brain as opiates, the reward pathway causing dopamine release and the opiate receptors. Anything that manipulates dopamine is addictive and I know people that are HONEST TO GOD addicted.

BUT, IS A GRASS ADDICTION SO BAD8(

I will concede that cannabis is extremely habit forming for some people. But to call it an "addiction" is to insult anybody who has ever been addicted to Opiates, Benzos, Alcohol, Barbs or Stimulants.

I smoked MMJ for probably 10 years straight, never missing more than a day tops. Smoked pounds of high potency herbs, wax, oils, ate my weight in edibles. Discontinuation was never a problem. A mild, short loss of appetite, a mild sense of boredom and vivid dreams were the only unpleasant side effects I ever encountered. I think people who claim "cannabis addiction" are either pussies or just plain naive to other drugs. Yes, I'm sure there is that 0.01% exception, but...

(Sorry to highjack the thread)

NSFW:
I will concede that cannabis is extremely habit forming for some people. But to call it an "addiction" is to insult anybody who has ever been addicted to Opiates, Benzos, Alcohol, Barbs or Stimulants.

I smoked MMJ for probably 10 years straight, never missing more than a day tops. Smoked pounds of high potency herbs, wax, oils, ate my weight in edibles. Discontinuation was never a problem. A mild, short loss of appetite, a mild sense of boredom and vivid dreams were the only unpleasant side effects I ever encountered. I think people who claim "cannabis addiction" are either pussies or just plain naive to other drugs. Yes, I'm sure there is that 0.01% exception, but...

(Sorry to highjack the thread)

No worries, this debate will rage on. One idea though, since cannabis has been proven to effect dopamine levels.. and if an individual is as you state "naive to other drugs" or at least is not addicted to them.. given the fact that craving, not physical withdraw, for all drugs or dopamine releasing activities comes from the exact same place in the brain and takes the same form.. so for instance after you have been able to perform the miracle of cleaning up from opiates and have also been addicted to coke at another time, or any two highly addictive drugs, when you hit a trigger for one, the feeling of desire for that drug is remarkably similar to craving when a trigger for the second drug is perceived. So the MRI wielding scientists have shown that the exact same place in people addicted to different substances, including grass, is lit when those subjects are shown a triggering image, wouldn't it be possible that they experience the same addiction (not including the withdraw symptoms) that those addicted to other drugs do?

Second, I don't think Benzos are addicting at all. They do cause a huge physical and psychological dependence.. but because they don;t effect the dopamine levels and only effect the GABA levels which does not have a tolerance system, there is not a tolerance associated with them. This is why you can take pretty much the same dose for years and obtain the same results if you stay away from other drugs that effect the GABA, booze for example. After using Benzos for fifteen years strait, then cleaning up, i was able to use them with out becoming physically dependent again and i am now off them and never crave them? Probably another one that will have allot of opinions about it.

James-Taylor.21.jpg

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose,
Won't you let me go down in my dreams -JAMES TAYLOR

jack-nicholson-the-shining.jpg

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here -Jack

74347.jpg

The habit grew upon him, as I understand, from some foolish freak when he was at college; for having read De Quincey's description of his dreams and sensations, he had drenched his tobacco with laudanum in an attempt to produce the same effects. He found, as so many more have done, that the practice is easier to attain than to get rid of.. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

robert-downey-jr-sherlock-holmes-06.jpg

might have had the coke head role down already...​

^^I thought sherlock Holmes was an opium addict???

edit: he iv's cocaine and morphine. sweet, a hero who bangs

Elton-John_Optimized.jpg

She packed my bags last night, pre-flight
Zero hour, nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then

I miss the Earth so much, I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time ‘til touch down brings me round again to find I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no, no, no, I'm a rocket man
Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone -Elton John (and Bernie Taupin)

Standing on the moon with nothing left to do. Lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you
.....................................Grateful Dead, Standing On The Moon..............................

FRA870502-01-CP.jpg

"We Can Run But We Can't Hide"

We don't own this place, though we act as if we did,
It's a loan from the children of our children's kids.
The actual owners haven't even been born yet.

But we never tend the garden and rarely we pay the rent,
Some of it is broken and the rest of it is bent
Put it all on plastic and I wonder where we'll be when the bills hit.

We can run,
But we can't hide from it.
Of all possible worlds,
We only got one:
We gotta to ride on it.
Whatever we've done,
We'll never get far from what we leave behind,
Baby, we can run, run, run, but we can't hide.
Oh no, we can't hide.

I'm dumpin' my trash in your back yard
Makin' certain you don't notice really isn't so hard
You're so busy with your guns and all of your excuses to use them.

Well, it's oil for the rich and babies for the poor,
We got everyone believin' that more is more,
If a reckoning comes, maybe we will know what to do then.

All these complications seem to leave no choice,
I heard the tongues of billions speak with just one voice,
Saying, "Just leave all the rest to me,
I need it worse than you, you see."
And then I heard...
The sound of one child crying.

Today I went walking in the amber wind,
There's a hole in the sky where the light pours in
I remembered the days when I wasn't afraid of the sunshine.

But now it beats down on the asphalt land
Like a hammering blow from God's left hand
What little still grows cringes in the shade like a bad vine.

lawrence_taylor_678.jpg

LT

Last edited:
Layne Staley (Alice In Chains) most haunting lyrics about heroin addiction I've had the pleasure of listening to since the 90's

Layne Staley (Alice In Chains) most haunting lyrics about heroin addiction I've had the pleasure of listening to since the 90's

Layne+Staley.jpg

-I guess I can go anywhere I want. If only I knew where to go.

Layne Staley

Last edited:
Marvin-Gaye.jpg

Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be
I'm askin you baby, to get it on with me
I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna push
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin round the bush....

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on