• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

open_cover.jpg

“He thinks it's his day, and when you think it's your day, it usually is.”
― Andre A
gassi

Last edited:
NSFW:
Not sure about addicts but here are some of my favourite drug users, in no particular order:

Stanislav Grof - For his great contributions to psychiatry and in particular to psychiatry involving the use of psychedelics such as LSD.
stan.jpg

Alexander Shulgin - For his ground-breaking discoveries of new psychedelic compounds like the 2C-X series, and his great books PiHKAL and TiHKAL.
images

Richard Alpert aka Ram Dass - For his wise teachings and for his books, particularly "Be Here Now".
ramdass1.jpg

Aldous Huxley - For his incredible books, in particular "Doors of Perception" and "Brave New World".
images

Terence McKenna - For his interesting approaches to psychedelic use and his books, in particular "Food of the Gods".
Mckenna1.jpg

John C. Lilly - For his very interesting work regarding the use of Ketamine.
images

Jerry Garcia - For his work as one of the members of the Grateful Dead, clearly one of the greatest bands to have ever graced this earth.
jerry-garcia.jpg

John Lennon - For his work as one of the members of The Beatles, also one of the greatest bands in my opinion, and for his philosophies on world peace.
images

Hunter S. Thompson - For his astounding work as an author and journalist, and for bringing about gonzo journalism, and for being unafraid to be who himself and not tiptoeing around issues.
hunter-s-thompson.jpg

Carlos Castaneda - For his great books. While I doubt the factual accuracy of much/any of the contents of the books, the messages within are very interesting and there are some great lessons to be learned. Plus they make for great stories.
images

Alex Grey - For his wonderful contributions to the world of psychedelic art.
220px-Alex_Grey.jpg

Bill Hicks - For being one of those great comedians who was an intellectual at heart and didn't just make silly gags, but who could make anyone laugh and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.
220px-Bill_Hicks_at_the_Laff_Stop_in_Austin,_Texas,_1991_(2)_cropped.jpg

I would add more but I don't want to completely flood the page and I'm lazy enough as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
borroughs was a weirdo , he shot his wife in the head by accident in a dumbass accident, he was in the closet, he molested his kids and people said he was possessed by a demon

Can you read, have you read any of his work?

And what is it that your life will be remembered for when you are rotting away? Have you made a memorable mark?

Hunter Thompson, Willliam Burroughs, John Lilly, Sid Vicious, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Charlie Sheen.

Seyer I agree with Novak, that dude man fuck...

Have some Artie Lange lol

artie-lange-2-sized.jpg

Hunter.

There is no argument. Hunter and he alone.

I recently heard a comedian say that part of becoming a grown up is admitting to yourself that the Doors sucked and Morrison was just a sad, stupid dick. I don't agree or disagree with that. I just find it interesting that this concept IS.

NSFW:
Hunter Thompson, Willliam Burroughs, John Lilly, Sid Vicious, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Charlie Sheen.

john_lilly_cyclone_comic_a.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo2cb0qH3S1qziw6mo1_500.jpg
Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE.
Sid Vicious
charlie-sheen.jpg

Slash sat me down at his house and said, You've got to clean up your act. You know you've gone too far when Slash is saying, Look, you've got to get into rehab.
Charlie Sheen

slash-.JPG

“Restlessness is a fickle catalyst; it can drive you to achieve or it can coax your demise, and sometimes the choice isn't yours”
― Slash, Slash

psychedelic-banner.jpg

Art of A. Grey

Alex_Grey_Gaia.jpg

Theologue-3.jpg

Reaching_color_high.jpg

Parting-Shot_Net-of-Being_St.gif

psychedelic-banner.jpg

Marcus%2BAurelius.jpg

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
Marcus Aurelius

Thanks for the moderately hq Gaia jpg
I've never seemed to find a full huge hq image of it, still :[

I'd love to see the real painting irl
Heard it's huge

Thanks for the moderately hq Gaia jpg
I've never seemed to find a full huge hq image of it, still :[

I'd love to see the real painting irl
Heard it's huge

if you haven't seen it check out the documentary CoSM or chapel of the sacred mirrors, has insane high quality close up pans of almost all the paintings in his chapel, was blown away

tumblr_m1zxnoIZvr1r01e2zo1_500.jpg

If I had a shotgun, know what I'd do, I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heaven on down to you.

Brad Nowell

Right on, I love that band and still listen to them!

- Jimi Hendrix
- Jim Morrison
- Anthony Keidis
- Kurt Cobain
- Jerry Garcia
- Hunter S Thomson
- Sigmund Freud
Shit I just realised I have too many to list. I just connect with other drug addicts i guess. One should have the choice to put what ever they want in their body plus the creativity that comes out of drug use is phenomenal.

cant believe no one has said Bill Hicks yet..

I had thought of him but forgot. lol. Fcuk he was a funny comedian. Have you seen American: The Bill Hicks Story?

This is my fav Bill Hicks quote:

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”

iv seen them all. i loved the dude. a true free thinker of the highest order. motherfucker told it how it was.

the quote you posted is like his most famous. he has many many good free fundamental thoughts. i liked his one about instead of sending bombs down chimney shoots how about sending food or bananas down hungry childrens throats.

anarchy

Right on! Gotta love free thinkers. Heres a quote by another "drug using" free thinker. I just posted it to my FB page.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

lol theres a lot of cool homos, i don't discriminate! I take girls to gay clubs all the time coz everyone knows the gays have the best party drugs :D

Thats where we go out.

Another cool drug addict was John Belushi - he was wicked in Blues Brothers