• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Couple Addicted to Coffee Enemas, Up to Four Times a Day

Bluelight Crew
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-couple-addicted-coffee-enemas/story?id=18433235

Mike and Trina swear by their coffee. He enjoys a "saturated" blend, which is "on the cold side"; she prefers a fine espresso grind that is "warm and thicker."

The St. Petersburg, Fla., couple refuses to drink the caffeinated beverage, which they say is bad for their health. Instead, they use it as an enema. They each have at least 100 coffee enemas a month, 6,000 in all since their addiction began two years ago.

"I started the whole debacle," Trina, who did not want to reveal her last name, told ABCNews.com. "Then it took on a life of its own. I twice tried to stop and felt worse, so I do this every day and as much as I can. But it's very time-consuming."

"I love the way it makes me feel," said Trina. "It gives me a sense of euphoria."

The couple admits they perform their caffeinated enema at least four times a day. Once, Trina said she did "nine or 10" in a 24-hour period.

Her husband Mike, 45, said he initially thought, "Oh my god, how disgusting," but then he tried it, "and now I am addicted."

For the past two years they have been "unable to function" without their coffee enema, a ritual that takes five hours of planning and executing each day.

They fill a 32-ounce bucket with coffee and deliver it to their lower intestine via a Vaseline-coated hose. "That's the freaky part," Trina said. "So I try to relax."

While she administers her enema, Trina listens to music, catches up on TV shows and tweets. "I even play Sudoku," she said.

But these enemas can be tricky: "I make a quick transition from the floor to the toilet seat," said Mike. "It comes flying out like a torrent."

His mother Jan is concerned about their habit, which she says is "kind of gross." They are so addicted, they won't travel or leave the house for long periods of time. Fortunately, they each work from home.

cont. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-couple-addicted-coffee-enemas/story?id=18433235

The best part of wakin' up
  is Folgers in your butt!

haha

fuck i really wonder if it is that good... what do those people do when they are all hopped up on caffeine and other shit tho? they must do something better than just sit around sitting on a computer or watching tv. If i were stimmed all the time i'd be doing some weird shit, not Sudoku puzzles.

They have caffeine ampules you can IV, but take it from me, I am 100% sure that caffeine isn't that great of a drug.

I'm sure these two people haven't ever gotten into the heavier stimulants like meth, crack/cocaine, MDMA/MDA, and hence the plugged caffeine is the closest they've come to a real stimulant habit.

And it is a habit because they are taking 5 hours (wtf) out of their day just to plug caffeine. I hope they realize they could get pure caffeine and plug it in 5 minutes instead of taking all fucking day to prepare coffee for plugging. 8(

They definitely have made a ritual out of plugging caffeine as they describe what they do and everything...

haha I saw this earlier. Sounds like a sure way to wake your ass up. Antioxidant-wise, I don't think it has any benefits. Overall, dumbasses.

I don't think they just started doing this for the high, on its own, Cpt. Heroin. I think, after reading the article, that they started doing this because they thought it was cleansing and would make their intestines healthier. It doesn't do that, but they thought it did. They probably got addicted to the caffeine as a byproduct of trying to clean out their bowels, and not because they sought the high/addiction in the first place. They'd probably turn down plugging pure caffeine because they'd think it was unhealthy and wouldn't accomplish the goal of "cleansing" their system.

That said, coffee ememas have been used for a very long time. In fact, AFAIK, the ancient Mayans (and probably others in South America) used coffee and chocolate enemas quite a lot. I remember reading that many of their Emperors and priests swore by it. There are carvings that depict the chocolate/coffee enemas being administered. They had a healthy and intelligent understanding of psychoactives, and a culture that vibrantly involved itself in said psychoactives. I forget which Emperor, but one of their Emperors was straight up dependant on coffee and chocolate enemas. They seem to have REALLY enjoyed it.

Maybe there is something worth looking into here. Maybe. But I'll stick to drugs I generally don't have to insert rectally to use (occasionally plugging some substances, when it's worth it). I don't need an enema for any drug, plugging is as far as I need to go.

disgusting

if these people really can't function without that much coffee they should be given a stimulant IMO

Mike will do anything to keep a gf it seems. I imagine he's a true-to-form doormat. I doubt that enemas on this regular of a basis are good for the sphincter and anal lining.

I'm wondering if they just like...contacted the media about this.

Or possibly a combination of word of mouth and a slow news week.