• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

banging subutex

Lord Armagoth

Bluelighter
I have yet to try this and I know your not supposed to inject pills due to the dangers. but I would like to know if its worse to bang subutext over other pills such as percs or dilaudid, I've heard of people losing limbs, that seems like an extreme rumor. any info is appreciated, also does subutext block opiates more or less than regular suboxone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to try this and I know your not supposed to inject pills due to the dangers. but I would like to know if its worse to bang subutext over other pills such as percs or dilaudid, I've heard of people losing limbs, that seems like an extreme rumor. any info is appreciated, also does subutext block opiates more or less than regular suboxone?

Do you mean brand name Subutex or generic buprenorphine (Subutex equivalent)?

Yes, Subutex would be worse than Dilaudid because it contains worse inactive ingredients, (likely deliberately put there to deter abuse and/or ones used to facillitate sublingual use). I'm not sure whether or not it's worse than injecting Percocet, Percocet contains acetaminophen (APAP), which can't be healthy to inject, and it also contains some nasty binders/fillers. If you are going to inject pills you really need to be using a micron filter.

Losing limbs is rare and normally the result of not seeking medical attention until it's too late, but it's not just a rumor and there are many other nasty complications from injecting the binders/fillers found in pills like Subutex. Check out this thread: Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III

Subutex has the same blockade of other opioids as Suboxone does, it's the buprenorphine in both that blocks other opioids.

my bad I meant oxycodone Percocet without the Tylenol, I have banged suboxone film before and I regretted it instantly, I was told and believe the panic bad feeling I got was due to the naloxone in it witch subutext does not have. I get the generic I believe they are little white pills with an 8 on one side and a cross sword looking print on the other. Do you know if you get any rush or anything from injecting? I know with methadone banging it provides no rush or beneficial feeling vs just eating it.

my bad I meant oxycodone Percocet without the Tylenol, I have banged suboxone film before and I regretted it instantly, I was told and believe the panic bad feeling I got was due to the naloxone in it witch subutext does not have. I get the generic I believe they are little white pills with an 8 on one side and a cross sword looking print on the other. Do you know if you get any rush or anything from injecting? I know with methadone banging it provides no rush or beneficial feeling vs just eating it.

How much did you inject? With injecting buprenorphine less is better. Many people do report a rush from injecting. I really recommend you don't do it though and if you do make sure you use a good filter, ideally a micron filter.

What exactly did you feel when you injected Suboxone film? Injecting the film is not a wise idea, but the naloxone shouldn't make that big a difference.

Only reason to do this is if you are cheap or needle fixated. Even I wouldn't do it, and I am needle fixated and very often cheap too. I would not do it because I have done it, and see no point. There is no rush, there is instant onset but rush, no I wouldn't call it that. You will get the opiate taste and subutex effect directly but even tramadol has more of "rush". (please no dumb ideas from this)

subutex contains corn starch which can't be good for your veins, furthermore i can't remember why but i've heard many a time that it is worse to bang subutex than other pills, probably the reason why sbuxone is becoming more predominant

I shot up subutex due to being a cheap bastard for some years, it never caused me any loss of veins or other complications but I always filtered properly. My dealer however, she used to backload a whole 8 mg pill into the syringe, add water, reconnect the plunger then shake and just shoot up the milky mess. I saw this not 1 time, not 2 times, but like everytime we saw each other. And that was all too often.

This is what I know:Losing limbs is a bit extreme. If you missed the vein and the drug got under the skin it often becomes infected and makes an abcess. This abcess, if ignored(fever or red lines on arms/legs-call EMS immediately) I have had many friends who have died from abcesses because they were too caught up in using their drugs to take 2-4 hours to get antibiotics. One can become septic from ignoring ANY infection.
LOOK, I DON'T CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT OR THAT I EVEN SPELLED THESE NAMES RIGHT...I just have a need to help people not go through all the crap I've been through
this is how it was explained to me....but we already know that DR.'s and nurses, like politicians: LIE
SUBOXONE = Subutex + Naltrexone mixed together.
Subutex is the opiate part of Suboxone(Bupermorpine(sp?) is Subutex-I believe)
I have been prescribed Suboxone for 3 years. I had to be put on subutex while I was pregnant instead of suboxone because of the naltrexone(sp?).
Naltrexone is the 'opiate blocker' part of Suboxone. It is also what causes one to get sick if they try and take Suboxone while still high on heroin.(DON'T TRY IT)
HOWEVER-I can say that banging Subutex is a breeze and worked out fine(slight rush) for my hubby who did it regularly.
Suboxone on the other hand, has been fibbed about a bit. The CRN who prescribed it told us shooting it would make us horribly sick-wrong- and in fact ,so many people are banging them, that they are switching most people to the film. BUT after the first day or so Suboxone doesn't get you high anymore(if you're an opiate addict) so it is pointless to shoot it-it works beter to take like 2 or 3 at a time. If you aren't an opiate addict even 2mgs can kill you.
Suboxone actually works like a anti-depressant for me.I want to add that it is the ONLY thing(methadone sux) that has allowed me to get off of Heroin and have a normal life.
Because one HAS to wait over 24 hours before they can do dope -I just have stopped doing dope and after 3 years can finally say I don't crave it either.
I have never heard of one pill being worse to bang than another.
I have found after 15 yrs of heroin and everything else, that it is really just is too much trouble to bang things like xanex and percs and vicadin. The rush is so small,if any, it isn't worth it. PLUS if you miss, you wasted a pill.
Subutex doesn't block opiates....it probably DOES make it harder to feel them ,like methadone.
This makes it extremely dangerous because people don't think they are high and continue to do more dope(hello-:\ a waste of your dope) and then they OD.
SUBOXONE blocks ALL opiates completely for like 24-48 hrs. don't even waste the dope trying.just wait.It acts as a bully opiate and kicks all other opiates out of the receptors-which is why you can't take suboxone if you are still high.
One more note-suboxone is only a partial opiate and (I hope cuz I'm doing it now) easier to kick than methadone or dope or pills.
NOTHING can be worse than methadone to kick- 6 weeks medical detox-felt like crap for the next 4 months.

Last edited:
subutex does block opiate receptors dude, the buprenorphine has so high affinity it will lodge itself stuck to the receptors visciously ripping away anything else that stands in the way, you're extremely lucky in my book if you could feel dope 24 hours after with euphoria and not just warmth.

For me, I could wait 72 hours heroin would make me warm and I would get the rush then it would fase away into pointlessnes.

THIS REPLY IS TO A PREVIOUS RESPONSE-I'm still figuring this thread thing out
There is a point to shooting Subutex(haha get it? a POINT?). There is a rush from Subutex. Same as Methadone. It's not a good one....but it is not like shooting SUBOXONE-where you feel nothing.(or xanex, or Percs). I also think people sometimes get addicted to the RITUAL of shooting up as oppossed to being 'needle fixated'...sure I was needle fixated because it was the fastest way to deliver the substance to my brain.

Last edited:
My dealer however, she used to backload a whole 8 mg pill into the syringe, add water, reconnect the plunger then shake and just shoot up the milky mess. I saw this not 1 time, not 2 times, but like everytime we saw each other. And that was all too often.

that is mental!

yeah?-I thought it was more like Methadone because that was the high I got from shooting the Subutex- Methadone(<snip - no prices>)I'm not claiming to be an expert-I can only give my experience....and I can't even say for 100% I even tried to do Heroin (shit I WAS pregnant-let's hope not) on SubuTEX.....but what your saying about having to wait and then just feeling my eyes slightly warm up(the feeling I associate with 'getting high').
..back in the day-I would take a 1/2 of the orange stop signs-to get me thru- and then score like that night - and I wouldn't feel it. Now, after 3 years- I bet I'd have to wait like 2 weeks...I apologize for being a know it all. I was under the impression it was the Naltrexone part of subOXONE that caused the major blocking effects.

Howw do you inject a film? that sounds like a big slimy messy waste of a sub. Yeah the Naltexone doesn't affect shooting nor does it make you HORRIBLY ill(I thought it was like Narcan-hey Narcan-Naltrexone-they are similar:\) and would instantly throw you into the middle of withdrawls (as we were told for many years).

How much did you inject? With injecting buprenorphine less is better. Many people do report a rush from injecting. I really recommend you don't do it though and if you do make sure you use a good filter, ideally a micron filter.

What exactly did you feel when you injected Suboxone film? Injecting the film is not a wise idea, but the naloxone shouldn't make that big a difference.

Howw do you inject a film? that sounds like a big slimy messy waste of a sub. Yeah the Naltexone doesn't affect shooting nor does it make you HORRIBLY ill(I thought it was like Narcan-hey Narcan-Naltrexone-they are similar) and would instantly throw you into the middle of withdrawls (as we were told for many years)

our thoughts= our words and our actions=our behaviors=our habits= our rituals=our destiny.
If we change our thoughts, we change our destiny.
What is mental for one person is a symptom of a disease to another. While it is true the rituals of addiction are more mental than physical withdrawls....you have no idea how hard it is for me to go to a Taco Cabana without craving drugs because that is where I used to fix. So yes, it's mental- but SO IS EVERYTHING.

you mean like 'mental' as meaning 'crazy' or 'whacked' , right?
Surely you didn't mean 'that was a mental thing(like all in her brain)'
That is mental....how did her needles not get clogged up?

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean like 'mental' as meaning 'crazy' or 'whacked' , right?
Surely you didn't mean 'that was a mental thing(like all in her brain)'
That is mental....how did her needles not get clogged up?

yes i don't mean she is/was crazy, i mean, it's a really risky, dangerous thing to do, and people who do such things are often called mental without meaning they have a clinical psychological disorder

Same deal. The whole point is:
to NOT give junkies their rush-so the Subutex rush is SOOO slight it wasn't worth a hole in my harm.or yours. Just take 2(if you are prescribed them) I'm sure if the medication is named SUBOXONE then they are all the same-I mentioned-mine are orange stop signs. Don't bang it dude. All you are doing is wasting your time. Go find some dope or sell them and get a B-12 shot or a high colonic(super enema) because it is just as much of a rush...a high Colonic actually MIGHT feel good. Except for opiates(Oxy's didl., morp., ) you can't run anything else.No adderol-no Riddelin-No loratabs-no Xanex-if you are a heroin user, I find it hard to believe you would feel anything from running a perc or pain pill-your tolerance is too high...right? And even those(opiates) are now IMPOSSIBLE to draw before they coagulate. Do you know how many times I've had to eat the gel off the spoon.? So glad to be through that.

Had a friend who did it...Foot,then arm...Got a nasty necrotic infection in both places,and was in hospital for a week...She told her fam and doc it was a brown recluse spider...

If I took 2mg of suboxone about 2 hours ago by dissolving under my tongue, can i go ahead and take 1 mg by snorting it?
btw, i'm not an addict. im just doing this to experiment.

brettamber - I know you added a disclaimer to your post that you don't claim to be an expert, but you were stating inaccurate things as though they were facts so I need to correct some things you said:

Subutex is the opiate part of Suboxone(Bupermorpine(sp?) is Subutex-I believe)
Naltrexone is the 'opiate blocker' part of Suboxone. It is also what causes one to get sick if they try and take Suboxone while still high on heroin.(DON'T TRY IT)
Subutex and Suboxone are both brand names for pills or film that contain the drug buprenorphine; Suboxone contains buprenorphine + naloxone (not naltrexone), while Subutex only has buprenorphine as an active ingredient. Naloxone is the same drug that is in Narcan, but in Suboxone there is only a very small amount of naloxone and it is not actually what is responsible for causing precipitated withdrawal sickness if you take it while physically dependent on heroin and not enough time has elapsed. It is the buprenorphine that causes this, so it happens with both Suboxone and Subutex. (Taking it while on heroin if someone is not physically dependent on any opioids would not make them sick, it would just stop the effects of the heroin). The reason this happens is basically that buprenorphine is stronger at activating the opioid receptors than heroin, so it will rapidly remove the heroin from the receptors, while not activating them enough to relieve withdrawals.

Suboxone on the other hand, has been fibbed about a bit. The CRN who prescribed it told us shooting it would make us horribly sick-wrong- and in fact ,so many people are banging them, that they are switching most people to the film.
It's true, there is a lot of misinformation about Suboxone. Much of it is the fault of the manufacturer.

BUT after the first day or so Suboxone doesn't get you high anymore(if you're an opiate addict) so it is pointless to shoot it-it works beter to take like 2 or 3 at a time.
That is not most people's experience, most people find it actually works better to inject smaller amounts. I know that sounds strange but there is some science behind it.

I have never heard of one pill being worse to bang than another.
Some pills definitely ARE much worse to inject than others. See my earlier post as to why.

Subutex doesn't block opiates....it probably DOES make it harder to feel them ,like methadone.
No it actually does block most other opioids. The blockade isn't complete and would depend on how much you used, but it's not the same as methadone. I explained how it blocks/removes other opioids from the receptors above.

NOTHING can be worse than methadone to kick- 6 weeks medical detox-felt like crap for the next 4 months.
I agree with you there! It's terrible :(

If I took 2mg of suboxone about 2 hours ago by dissolving under my tongue, can i go ahead and take 1 mg by snorting it?
btw, i'm not an addict. im just doing this to experiment.

If you have no tolerance and are just experimenting, you've already done too much IMO. Without doubt DO NOT add more. You'll find yourself hugging the toilet for sure. Stay safe!

I have iv suboxone, which I know is bad for you but it does work. If you miss it hurts like a son if a bitch but you feel the effects. Now I know your supposed to wait to do opiates awhile to feel anything but everyone is different. I did 6 mg of suboxone yesterday and 1 o'clock being my last dose, I iv 60 mg of oxycodone this morning at 7 am and felt everything. It might not be as strong or last as long but it did work. Not everyone is the same

If you want to see what can happen if you inject Subutex and miss the vein here are some disturbing photos:

NSFW:
attachment.php